Groot (Marvel) king of Planet X, member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
transform into wood
- Arboreal Mimicry/Physiology
- Tree Mimicry/Physiology
- Wood Physiology
User is able to transform their body completely into wood. Users transformed form can be either anatomically identical to their normal form, aside of being made of wood, in which case it contains all to organs and is somewhat vulnerable to attacks. Alternately user can transform into homogenous matter, without any part of their form being more important than the other.
- Dermal Armor
- Enhanced Durability/Invulnerability
- Enhanced Endurance
- Enhanced Immunity
- Enhanced Lung Capacity
- Enhanced Strength
- Leaf Projection
- Self-Sustenance via Photosynthesis.
- Supernaturally Dense Tissue
Many trees have certain specific mythical/supernatural associations that may grant additional abilities for the user, for possible applications see here.
- Enhanced Regeneration by drawing the element to fill the wounds.
- Golem Creation
- Malleable Anatomy
- Plant Communication
- Thermal Resistance
- Wood Manipulation
- Very likely slows the user.
- Can dehydrate far quicker than a human body.
- May require constant connection with earth or water.
- May be restricted to single variation.
- May catch fire easily.
- Not exactly Invulnerability since limb can be broken off.
- May be vulnerable to everything that a normal plant would be (fire, plant poisons, etc.).
- Woodmon (Digimon)
- Cherrymon (Digimon)
- Yamato (Naruto/Naruto: Shippuden)
- Azuma (Fairy Tail); after overusing magic
- Tree Man (asdfmovie)
- Vampire Orchis (Yu-gi-oh)
- Frank Ludlum (Marvel comics)
- Groot (Marvel)
- Dryads (Greek Mythology)
- Ents (Lord of the Rings)
- Nym (The Wheel of Time)
- Neti (Star Wars Expanded Universe)
- Skogsrå (Norse Mythology)
- Machete (Pablo S. Gomez Comic Creation)
- Wood King (DC comics)
- The Wood Card (Cardcaptor Sakura)