Groot (Marvel) king of Planet X, member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
have a body made up of wood
- Arboreal Mimicry/Physiology
- Tree Mimicry/Physiology
- Wood Physiology
User is made up of or can transform their body completely into wood. Users transformed form can be either anatomically identical to their normal form, aside of being made of wood, in which case it contains all to organs and is somewhat vulnerable to attacks. Alternately user can transform into homogenous matter, without any part of their form being more important than the other.
- Contaminant Immunity
- Dermal Armor
- Disease Immunity
- Enhanced Durability/Invulnerability
- Enhanced Endurance
- Enhanced Lung Capacity or Oxygen Independence
- Enhanced Strength
- Leaf Projection
- Self-Sustenance via Photosynthesis.
- Supernaturally Dense Tissue
Many trees have certain specific mythical/supernatural associations that may grant additional abilities for the user, for possible applications see here.
- Golem Creation
- Malleable Anatomy
- Plant Communication
- Regenerative Healing Factor by drawing the element to fill the wounds.
- Thermal Resistance
- Wood Manipulation
- Xylokinetic Creature Creation
- Very likely slows the user.
- Can dehydrate far quicker than a human body.
- May require constant connection with earth or water.
- May be restricted to single variation.
- May catch fire easily.
- Not exactly Invulnerability since limb can be broken off.
- May be vulnerable to everything that a normal plant would be (fire, plant poisons, etc.).
- Woodmon (Digimon)
- Cherrymon (Digimon)
- Yamato (Naruto/Naruto: Shippuden)
- Azuma (Fairy Tail); after overusing magic
- Tree Man (asdfmovie)
- Vampire Orchis (Yu-gi-oh)
- Frank Ludlum (Marvel comics)
- Groot (Marvel)
- Dryads (Greek Mythology)
- Ents (Lord of the Rings)
- Nym (The Wheel of Time)
- Neti (Star Wars Expanded Universe)
- Skogsrå (Norse Mythology)
- Machete (Pablo S. Gomez Comic Creation)
- Shao Yen (Master Raindrop)
- Wood King (DC comics)
- The Wood Card (Cardcaptor Sakura)