- "Legend tells of creatures - sometimes cats, sometimes other beasts, but most often, wolves - that can change shape, and walk as men. Legend says that this gift, or curse, granted them the reason of men, the instinct of wolves, and a strength far surpassing either species. Legend states that this fusion of man and beast, immune to all harm save silver or fire, who towers over mere mortals, powerful beyond imagining - Damn, I wish I was that guy!"
- ― Peter Stubbe, Peter Is the Wolf
- Lycan Body/Form/Physiology
- Lycanthrope Body/Form/Physiology
- Lycanthropy Body/Form/Mimicry/Transformation
- Werewolf Body/Form/Mimicry/Transformation
- Wolfman Body/Form/Mimicry/Physiology
User with this ability is a werewolf, a human or humanoid being with the ability to transform into a wolf or an anthropomorphic wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse and/or lycanthropic affliction via a bite or scratch from a werewolf, or some other means. This transformation is often associated with the appearance of the full moon.
The user gains the traits of werewolves, most obvious being ability to change into a wolf with the natural characteristics inherent to both wolves and humans, including senses, stamina, agility, etc. In addition werewolves are often attributed strength and speed far beyond those of wolves or men and may have them in lesser amount even when untransformed.
Other than this, details vary considerably: some are limited to single form which ranges from completely animal to man-wolf (humanoid with fur, claws and fangs); some can shift between human, wolf-man (humanoid wolf) and pure wolf; while others are able to choose to what extent they want to change, including what parts. Their wolf-form may be completely natural wolf in form, something resembling a Dire Wolf, or even something directly from the darkest dredges of human fear for wolves. Although some wolf instinct is likely to influence a werewolf in transformed state, this varies from completely animal mind to perfectly aware human, even to the stereotypical monster lusting for blood.
Although it is very commonly linked to werewolves, they aren't all vulnerable to silver or other traditional weaknesses. For some these are no more or less harmful than any other metal or substance, some are essentially un-killable for anything else.
- Canine Physiology
- Enhanced Body/Supernatural Body
- Enhanced Agility/Supernatural Agility
- Enhanced Durability/Supernatural Durability
- Enhanced Endurance/Supernatural Endurance
- Enhanced Leap/Supernatural Leap
- Enhanced Reflexes/Supernatural Reflexes
- Enhanced Senses/Supernatural Senses
- Enhanced Speed/Supernatural Speed
- Enhanced Stamina/Supernatural Stamina
- Enhanced Strength/Supernatural Strength
- Claw Retraction
- Contaminant Immunity
- Feral Mind
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Weather Immunity
- Anger Empowerment
- Enhanced Mauling
- Enhanced Roar
- Lunar Empowerment
- Lunar Mind
- Lycanthropic Infection
- Muscle Mass Enhancement/Muscle Armor
- Mutant Physiology
- Partial Transformation
Depending of what is the cause of the condition:
- Curse Transformation: via magical influence, usually a curse.
- Genetic Condition: inherited condition.
- Spiritual Possession: possession by wolf spirit, becoming one being.
- Mythic Physiology
- Transcendent Werebeast Physiology
- Werebeast Physiology
- Werebeast Lord Physiology
- Wolfwere Physiology
- Applied electricity, medicine or enzymes may prevent transformation.
- Can be outmatched by Supernatural Hunter Physiology.
- May be connected to the phases of the Moon (Full Moon in particular) and either only be able to transform or be involuntarily forced to change during one.
- May be vulnerable to silver, wolfs-bane and/or other traditional werewolf weaknesses, or be harmed only by them.
- May cause changes of mental abilities/personality.
- May include loss of memory of human emotion and life.
- May include loss of self-control.
- May include shift towards canine level of intelligence/instincts.
- May be vulnerable to other Lycanthropes natural attacks.
- If werewolves and vampires are natural enemies, may be vulnerable to their bite.
- May be vulnerable to various canine weaknesses such as high pitch or loud noises or foul smell.
- Moonbeam Torchlight (Doraemon: Nobita's New Adventure into the Underworld)
- Hircine's Ring (Elder Scrolls Series)