As a waterbender Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender) can manipulate water.
- "Water is patient, Adelaide. Water just waits. Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains. The whole of the world. Water always wins."
- ― The Doctor, "The Waters of Mars"
- "There is nothing softer and weaker than water,
- And yet there is nothing better for attacking hard and strong things.
- For this reason there is no substitute for it."
- ― Lao Tzu, Tao te Ching, Ch. 78
- Water Element Control
- Water Release/Suiton
User can create, shape and manipulate water, inorganic compound with liquid, gas (steam, water vapour), and solid (ice) states, including changing them from one state to other.
- Create/generate/increase, shape and manipulate water.
- Density Manipulation/Water Solidification via controlling water molecules.
- Move/lift water, ice, vapor, etc. at nearly any speed whether in/on surface, air or water. One could even do this on vacuum of space if one has way to survive the experience.
- Viscosity Manipulation
- Water Attacks
- Water Purification
- Water Walking
- Limited Blindness Inducement by manipulating the water in/on eyes to blur vision.
- Healing Water
- Hydrokinetic Combat
- Hydrokinetic Invisibility
- Hydrokinetic Regeneration
- Liquid Surveillance Communication
- Motor-Skill Manipulation by manipulating the water contents (about 70%) within body.
- Water Absorption
- Water Augmentation
- Water Aura
- Water Empowerment
- Water Mimicry
- Water Portal Creation
- Water Transmutation
- Bubble Manipulation (when combined with air)
- Cosmic Water Manipulation
- Dark Water Manipulation
- Empathic Water Manipulation
- Esoteric Water Manipulation
- Hell Water Manipulation
- Holy Water Manipulation
- Ice Manipulation
- Primordial Water Manipulation
- Psychic Water Manipulation
- Steam Manipulation
- Vapor Manipulation
- Water Embodiment
- Water Magic
- White Water Manipulation
- Acid Manipulation
- Alcohol Manipulation
- Aquatic Adaptation
- Blood Manipulation
- Brain Manipulation
- Chaos Manipulation connected to primal Chaos in mythologies.
- Electricity Generation
- Elemental Manipulation
- Erosion Manipulation
- Flow Manipulation
- Freezing through frigid water.
- Hydrogen Manipulation
- Lake/River Manipulation
- Liquid Manipulation
- Lunar Manipulation may increase the power of this ability.
- Magnesium Manipulation
- Ocean Manipulation
- Oil Manipulation
- Oxygen Manipulation
- Plant Manipulation
- Salt Manipulation
- Sodium Manipulation
- Sound Amplification sound travels faster underwater than in open air.
- Surface Tension Manipulation
- Vibration Emission in/on water, including inside someone.
- Water Form Manipulation
As one of the classical Elements, Water is associated with:
- Emotion Manipulation
- Fertility Inducement
- Intuitive Aptitude
- Subconscious Manipulation
- Winter Manipulation
- May be unable to create water, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Controlling and manipulating great bodies of water (ponds, lakes, seas, oceans) over an excessive period of time is exhausting.
- Susceptible to Electricity Manipulation.
- Can be opposed by Fire Manipulation, Magma Manipulation, or Ice Manipulation.
- Those with Sand Manipulation could use silicate particles to absorb the moisture from water.
- May not be effective against Oil Manipulation since oil is hydrophobic, meaning repelled from water.
Live Action TV
- Black Marlin (Akame Ga Kill!)
- Mermaid Comb of Merroway Cove (Sofia the First)
- Orb of Torpedo (Xiaolin Chronicles)