- For a gallery of examples for Water Manipulation, see here.
As a waterbender Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender) can manipulate water.
The power to manipulate water.
- Water Control
- Water Release
User can create, shape and manipulate water, inorganic compound with liquid, gas (steam, water vapour), and solid (ice) states, including chancing them from one state to other. At room temperature, pure water is a tasteless, odorless, transparent liquid, which is in small amounts colorless, but takes on a bluish tint in larger amounts. Water is an excellent solvent and as a result it usually contains a wide variety of dissolved minerals and other chemicals.
- Create/generate/increase, shape and manipulate water.
- Density Manipulation/Water Solidification via controlling water molecules.
- Move/lift water, ice, vapor, etc. at nearly any speed whether in/on surface, air or water. One could even do this on vacuum of space if one has way to survive the experience.
- Water Attacks
- Water Walking
- Viscosity Manipulation
- Healing Water
- Hydrokinetic Combat
- Hydrokinetic Regeneration
- Liquid Surveillance Communication
- Moisture Absorption
- Motor-Skill Manipulation by manipulating the water contents (about 70%) within body.
- Water Augmentation
- Water Aura
- Water Mimicry
- Water Portal Creation
- Water Touch
- Bubble Manipulation
- Dark Water Manipulation
- Ice Manipulation
- Steam Manipulation
- Vapor Manipulation
- White Water Manipulation
- Acid Manipulation
- Alcohol Manipulation
- Aquatic Adaptation
- Blood Manipulation
- Erosion Manipulation
- Freezing (through frigid cold water)
- Lake/River Manipulation
- Liquid Manipulation
- Lunar Manipulation may increase the power of this ability.
- Ocean Manipulation
- Oil Manipulation
- Salt Manipulation
- Vibration Emission in/on water, including inside someone.
As one of the classical Elements, Water is associated with:
- May be unable to create water, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance and the amount of matter depends of the strength and skill of the user.
- Controlling and manipulating great bodies of water (lakes, ponds, seas, oceans) is exhausting.
- Susceptible to Electricity Manipulation.
- Can be opposed by Fire Manipulation, Magma Manipulation, or Ice Manipulation.
- Those with Sand Manipulation could use silicate particles to absorb the moisture from water.
- May not be effective against Oil Manipulation since oil is hydrophobic, meaning repelled from water.
See Also: Making a Splash