Spider-Man (Marvel) can scale sheer surfaces easily.
Scale surfaces unassisted
The power to fasten onto and climb vertical and horizontal surfaces without falling.
- Adhesive Climbing
- Surface Scaling
- Wall Adhesion/Clinging/Walking
The user can climb walls and stay unto ceilings. The user does not deny gravity, but has the ability to adhere to surfaces unaided. However in order to truly be "crawling" on the user must be able to maintain balance for long periods of time, compared to Wallrunning where the energy is only temporary.
Beings with super human strength or super strong and dense claws could simply dig their fingers or into a surface, then propelling upward and digging in again, generating the effect of wall crawling. In some cases, the user may simply be able to make use of any handholds they find, no matter how small, to wall crawl.
Those with Reptilian Mimicry could have microscopic satae on their hands and feet like a gecko, or a suction pads like a frog.
- Ceiling Cling - The user clings to the ceiling to either hide or ambush enemies.
- Wall Jump/Wall Kick - The user sticks to a wall and proceeds to jump off of it, often doing so between two walls. This also allows for a form of Enhanced Jump.
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Athleticism
- Enhanced Strength
- Claw Retraction
- Gravity Manipulation
- Shoes, socks, and gloves may nullify this ability.
- May have to concentrate to remain on the surface.
- May only be able to stick to certain surfaces.
- May not work if the wall is completely smooth with no handholds.
- May be dependent on the user's own center of gravity.