Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The user can manipulate Virtual Particles, in physics a transient fluctuation that exhibits many characteristics of an ordinary particle, but exists for only a short time. Virtual Particles do not always carry the same mass as the corresponding real particle, although they always conserve the energy and momentum.
The term is somewhat loose and vaguely defined, in that it refers to the view that the world is made up of "real particles": it is not; rather, "real particles" are better understood to be excitations of the underlying quantum fields. Virtual Particles are also excitations of the underlying fields, but are "temporary".
The longer the Virtual Particle exists, the closer its characteristics become relative to those of ordinary particles. They are important in the physics of many processes, including particle scattering and Casimir Forces. In quantum field theory, even classical forces - such as electromagnetic repulsion or attraction between two charges -- can be thought of as due to an exchange of many Virtual Photons between the charges.
Written in the usual mathematical notations, in the equations of physics, there is no mark of the distinction between virtual and actual particles. The amplitude that a Virtual Particle exists interferes with the amplitude for its non-existence, whereas for an actual particle the cases of existence and non-existence cease to be coherent with each other and do not interfere anymore.
- Electricity Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Particles containing electric charge or Virtual Electrons.
- Electron Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Electrons.
- Gravity Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Gravitons.
- Ionic Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Ions.
- Light Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Photons.
- Limited Electromagnetism Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Photons.
- Limited Energy Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Quanta.
- Limited Magnetism Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Photons between dipoles.
- Matter Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Molecules, atoms, etc.
- Static Electricity Manipulation of the Coloumb Force by manipulating Virtual Photons.
- Strong Force Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Gluons.
- Subatomic Manipulation by manipulating Virtual Subatomic Particles.
- Weak Force Manipulation by manipulating Virtual W and Z Particles.
- Virtual Particle Constructs, including weapons, walls, armor, or allies/servants.
- Atomic Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation
- Fundamental Forces Manipulation
- Imaginary Physics Manipulation
- Matter Manipulation
- Prolonged use of the Virtual Particles at one time may cause them to revert to actual particles which are harder to manipulate.
- Creating Virtual Particles may take time and concentration.
- The effects of Virtual Particles may be fully unknown, due to the vague definition of them.
- Groups of Virtual Particles may not function in the same way groups of actual particles would.
- Janie (A Certain Scientific Railgun); via Diffusion Ghost
- Arturis (Star Trek Voyager); via Particle Synthesis