- Direction Manipulation
- Geometric Vector Alteration
- Redirection Manipulation
- Refraction Manipulation
- Spatial Vector Transformation
The user can change the magnitude and the direction (vector) of an object to achieve a desired result.
In general, vectors are split into two main classes: Position (location) and Momentum (kinetic). Position describes an object's location based on its relation to another object or point in space, such as its distance from another object and the direction it faces in relation to said object. Momentum describes an object's movement through space, such as how fast it is going and the direction which it travels in. The manipulation of momentum includes altering speed and direction (velocity) and the manipulation of position altering distance and direction (displacement). Even if the object was to have a magnitude of 0, it would still be a vector as it has still has a magnitude (which is 0) and a direction.
Matter can be described using vectors as each one has a state vector, which refers to their arrangement in space. By using this fact, a user can theoretically create an "absolute defense" that prevents any vectors that could bring harm to them of their target from entering a given area around them (such as reversing the direction of kinetic vectors, or displacement a position vector to another point in space).
- Absolute Constant Velocity
- Absolute Defense by preventing vectors from being able to access the space surrounding the user.
- Spatial-Temporal Lock by redirecting teleportation and time flow vectors.
- Aversion Field
- Centrifugal Force Manipulation
- Centripetal Force Manipulation
- Deflection by reversing the moving direction of vectors.
- Flight by canceling the vectors of gravity or by using wind vectors as self-propulsion.
- Gravity Manipulation by manipulating weight (gravitational force/pull) vectors.
- Kinetic Energy Manipulation by manipulating the kinetic properties of vectors.
- Inertia Negation
- Invisibility by manipulating light and water reflections.
- Momentum Manipulation by manipulating the magnitude and direction of momentum vectors.
- Power Reflection
- Quantum Manipulation by manipulating quantum state vectors.
- Sound Manipulation
- Tactile Telekinesis by manipulating the vectors of oneself
- Telekinetic Regeneration by continue the normal flow of blood despite injuries and closing open wounds.
- Teleportation by manipulating position (location) vectors.
- Velocity Manipulation by altering the speed and direction of kinetic vectors.
- Vibration Emission by increasing the vibration rate of subatomic vectors.
- Wind Manipulation by manipulating the vectors of air molecules.
- Distortion Manipulation
- Flow Manipulation
- Motion Manipulation
- Physical Force Manipulation
- Reflection Manipulation
- Remote Motion Manipulation
- Spatial Direction Manipulation
- Trajectory Manipulation
- May have limited range, including physical contact.
- May be limited to affecting only physical matter or energy.
- If the user's version of this power is calculation-based, Enhanced Intelligence may be required.
- If the user does not possess Enhanced Endurance, they may be defeated from exhaustion and attrition of constant calculations to use their power.
- Users may be limited to controlling certain amount of vectors at a time (e.g can only manipulating gravity vector), and therefore being distracted with one task may leave them open for an attack.
- Vulnerable to powers that do not have vectors.
- Attacks of/from a different dimension — Dimensional Slicing or Remote Teleportation being examples — may bypass the "Ultimate Defense" unless the user can manipulate vectors of different dimensions as well.
- Conceptual, Magic and Mental Attacks that forgoes vector movement can bypass defense.
- May be vulnerable to instantaneous attacks.
- If the user's ability is automatic and set on reflecting all strikes at all times, the opponent can take advantage of this automatic redirection by attacking, and then quickly pulling away at the exact moment of contact with the redirection field's area of effect. This will "trick" the redirection field, causing the "reverse vector" to instead reverse the direction of the punch and draw it towards the user, and thus bypassing the "absolute defense".
- If user does not possess Enhanced Lung Capacity or Oxygen Independence, they will become vulnerable to Deoxygenation.
- Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun/A Certain Scientific Accelerator)
- Rensa (A Certain Magical Index)
- Father (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Sale (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part V Vento Aureo); via Kraft Work
- Deep Snow (Rave Master)
- Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater)
- Vector (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Simon Utrecht/Vector (Marvel Comics)
- Weilan (Mako Mermaids)