Accelerator (To Aru Majutsu No Index) has a vector field that automatically reflects anything it touches.
Redirect matter and energy
- Direction Manipulation
- Refraction Manipulation
The user can change the magnitude and direction (vector) of an object to maneuver it in the desired way, regardless of pre-existing vectors. This also applies to static or non-moving objects, technicaly speaking, the object still has momentum as it is moving through space. Since nearly everything in existence has vectors, manipulation of them can essentially grant the user an "Absolute Defense" that prevents the user from harm, among many other possibilities.
- Absolute Constant Velocity
- Absolute Defense
- Flight by canceling the vectors of gravity or by using wind vectors as self-propulsion.
- Gravity Manipulation
- Kinetic Energy Manipulation
- Inertia Negation
- Invisibility by manipulating light and water reflections.
- Power Reflection
- Sound Manipulation
- Tactile Telekinesis
- Velocity Manipulation
- Vibration Emission
- Wind Manipulation
- May require physical contact.
- May be limited to affecting only matter.
- If the user's version of this power is calculation-based, Enhanced Intelligence may be required.
- Vulnerable to powers that don't have vectors.
- Attacks of/from a different dimension (i.e. Spatial Slicing) may bypass the "Ultimate Defense" unless the user can manipulate vectors of different dimensions as well.
- Conceptual Attacks, Magic Attack and Mental Attacks that forgoes vector movement can bypass defense.
- May be vulnerable to Remote Teleportation.
- May be vulnerable to instantaneous attacks.
- Telekinetics/Gravity/Magnetism users of a higher level than the user may be able to overcome the "Ultimate Defense" allowing them to attack the user.
- If the user's ability is automatic and set on deflecting all strikes at all times, the opponent can take advantage by attacking, and then quickly pulling away just before contact. This will have the "reverse vector" to reverse the pulling away, allowing the opponent to punch the user, which in fact can increase the power of the punch, thus bypassing the "absolute defense".
- Users may be limited to controlling certain amount of vectors at a time (e.g can only manipulating gravity vector), and therefore being distracted with one task may leave them open for an attack.
- If User doesn't have Enhanced Endurance, they may be defeated by simply tiring them out.
- If user has no Enhanced Lung Capacity or Oxygen Independence, then they can be defeated by using knock-out gas or Deoxygenation.
- Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun/A Certain Scientific Accelerator)
- Deep Snow (Rave Master)
- Loki Laufeyson (Marvel Comics)
- Medusa (Soul Eater)
- Midnight (Fairy Tail)
- Sale and Kraftwerk (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- Vector (Marvel Comics)
- Urd (Oh My Goddess)
- Bartholomew Kuma (One Piece)
- Father (Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Kanade Tachibana (Angel Beats); via Guard Skill: Distortion