- Direction Manipulation
- Geometric Vector Alteration
- Redirection Manipulation
- Refraction Manipulation
- Spatial Vector Transformation
The user can change the magnitude and the direction (vector) of an object to achieve a desired result.
Vectors are typically divided into two main classes: Position (location) and Momentum (kinetic). Position refers to the distance and direction of an object in relation to another object or a region of space. Momentum refers to the speed and direction of an object's motion through space. Manipulating momentum alters the speed and direction (velocity) of an object's travel. Manipulating position alters the distance and direction (displacement) of an object's location, in respects to the location of another object. If the magnitude of an object's vector was absolute zero, it would still count as a vector as it still has a magnitude and a direction.
Matter is describable using vectors as each one consists of a state vector: a property of their arrangement in space. By using this fact, a user can theoretically create an "absolute defense" that prevents any harmful vectors from bypassing its boundary (possibly doing so by reversing the direction of kinetic vectors or displacing position vectors as to send the associated object to alternate regions in space).
- Absolute Constant Velocity
- Absolute Defense by preventing vectors from being able to access the space surrounding the user.
- Spatial-Temporal Lock by redirecting teleportation and time flow vectors.
- Acceleration by alter the acceleration of objects by manipulating the force vectors applied to them.
- Aversion Field
- Centrifugal Force Manipulation
- Centripetal Force Manipulation
- Deflection by reversing the moving direction of vectors.
- Flight by canceling the vectors of gravity or by using wind vectors as self-propulsion.
- Gravity Manipulation by manipulating weight (gravitational force/pull) vectors.
- Kinetic Energy Manipulation by manipulating the kinetic properties of vectors.
- Inertia Negation
- Invisibility by manipulating light and water reflections.
- Momentum Manipulation by manipulating the magnitude and direction of momentum vectors.
- Power Reflection
- Quantum Manipulation by manipulating quantum state vectors.
- Sound Manipulation by manipulating the vibration of molecules.
- Tactile Telekinesis by manipulating the vectors of oneself.
- Telekinetic Regeneration by continue the normal flow of blood despite injuries and closing open wounds.
- Teleportation by manipulating the spatial arrangement of vectors within a physical system.
- Velocity Manipulation by altering the speed and direction of kinetic vectors.
- Vibration Emission by increasing the vibration rate of subatomic vectors.
- Wind Manipulation by manipulating the vectors of air molecules.
- Distortion Manipulation
- Flow Manipulation
- Motion Manipulation
- Physical Force Manipulation
- Reflection Manipulation
- Remote Motion Manipulation
- Spatial Direction Manipulation
- Trajectory Manipulation
- May have limited range, including physical contact.
- May be limited to affecting only physical matter or energy.
- If the user's version of this power is calculation-based, Enhanced Intelligence may be required.
- If the user does not possess Enhanced Endurance, they may be defeated from exhaustion and attrition of constant calculations to use their power.
- Users may be limited to controlling certain amount of vectors at a time (e.g can only manipulating gravity vector), and therefore being distracted with one task may leave them open for an attack.
- Vulnerable to powers that do not have vectors.
- Attacks of/from a different dimension — Dimensional Slicing or Remote Teleportation being examples — may bypass the "Ultimate Defense" unless the user can manipulate vectors of different dimensions as well.
- Conceptual, Magic and Mental Attacks that forgoes vector movement can bypass defense.
- May be vulnerable to instantaneous attacks.
- If the user's ability is automatic and set on reflecting all strikes at all times, the opponent can take advantage of this automatic redirection by attacking, and then quickly pulling away at the exact moment of contact with the redirection field's area of effect. This will "trick" the redirection field, causing the "reverse vector" to instead reverse the direction of the punch and draw it towards the user, and thus bypassing the "absolute defense".
- If user does not possess Enhanced Lung Capacity or Oxygen Independence, they will become vulnerable to Deoxygenation.
- Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun/A Certain Scientific Accelerator)
- Rensa (A Certain Magical Index)
- Father (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Sale (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part V Vento Aureo); via Kraft Work
- Deep Snow (Rave Master)
- Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater)
- Vector (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Simon Utrecht/Vector (Marvel Comics)
- Weilan (Mako Mermaids)