Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lumi Charlotte Faraday
The Professor, God-Psychic
Right-Hand of Peace of Mind
General of Peace of Mind
High General of the United Forces of Earth
Apostle of the First Mind
(Honorary) Princess of Psychena
Queen of the Earth
Professor (of Psionics)
Chancellor of the Faraday Isles
Chancellor of the First Psychic School
116 (as of 2016)
18/19 in appearance
18th January 1961
Periodic Boredom-Induced Depression
Chancellor of the Psychic School Islands, Teacher, Lecturer, All-round Scientist, Psionicist, Engineer, Strawberry Enthusiast, Model, Voice Actor, Astronaut, Idol, e.t.c., e.t.c..
|Base of Operations|
Élaine Faraday [Lefévre - Maiden Name] (Mother - Alive)
George Augustus Faraday (Father - Alive)
Michelle Marie Faraday (Sister - Deceased)
Eadda Cayce (Giver of Unwanted Affection, Closest and Best Friend, Ex-Mentor - Alive)
Rachael Faraday (Daughter - Alive)
Lionel Stanford (Friend - Alive)
Victoria Charters (Friend - Alive)
Marcella Beaumont (Friend - Alive)
Mai (Creation, Maid, Friend - Alive)
Soleima (Creation, Friend - Alive)
Peremeli (Creation, Friend - Alive)
Cordelia (Creation, Friend - Alive)
Kerensa (Creation, Friend - Alive)
Niji (Creation, Friend - Alive)
Queen Filicia (Working Relationship, Friend - Alive)
Watching anime, experimenting, researching, fighting, eating strawberries, annoying people with random behavior
Long, straight or twintails
|Powers and Abilities|
Absolute Brain Capacity
Lumi Charlotte Faraday is a psychic of absolute power, and the most powerful psychic alive- only being outclasses by the embodiment of all things psychic, Queen Filicia. She's the Chancellor and creator of the Faraday Isles; a large island chain and island nation she created to give psionics a place to thrive. She lives a pretty care free life, doing what she wants as she wants, and teaches at the Psychic School.
Lumi Faraday is a person only a little below average in height. She sports brilliant white hair, which she in twin tails. Her most striking feature however is her eyes. Everybody who has ever met her has always remembered or mentions her striking purple eyes.
Having lived in England and France for equal parts of her life, she's developed a French accent on top of her English, and uses some French words in her speech.
Lumi has a great variety of purple dresses, skirts, tops, and such, Her appearance definitely doesn't match up with the responsibility and position she has, although when she has to personally attend important meetings, instead of getting away with having an illusion there, she's dress up very nicely.
Lumi, because of her shut-in personality, only ever wears nightgowns, because they're the easiest thing to live in.
Usually calm and cheerful, with a “my pace” attitude and very boastful, she can quickly become loud, bossy, hyperactive, chaotic, and especially random. She's always researching, experimenting, teaching, inventing, watching TV or playing games, and this makes her come across as a shut-in. Despite this shut-in-like nature, the world all knows her face- she's very famous and isn't afraid to be. When she starts getting bored, she becomes difficult to handle; actively seeking opposition to fight or conducting random, typically dangerous experimentation to amuse herself, generally at the expense of those closest to her. When her boredom grows too great, she secludes herself in her lab. Lumi always likes to look on the bright side of life, endure the worst and enjoy the rest; she feels that if you don't, then you're taking away from the one life you have.
She’s always been the studious type, ever since she could read, she had her gaze firmly planted in a book nearly all the time. Despite this, when all words fail, Lumi isn't afraid to fight, and in fact, Lumi loves to fight; she loves seeing the interesting styles people develop, or great levels of skill and power. Lumi never takes anything seriously however, especially not fights. She brings her random nature into combat with her, and generally smiles or laughs in any combat situation. A particularly good example of this is her confrontation with A'oma.
Lumi though, after the Psychic War, is no killer. Even if her enemy is Nita Flores or the Ae'ani, she can't bring herself to kill anymore, and hate dealing with "difficult things".
Lumi is the type of person who will stand up for what is right, and can be an incredible driving force for everyone around her. She’s strong and stubborn, enough to call world leaders, powerful individuals, and great scientific minds idiots to their faces. But if the right path means breaking the law, Lumi will, and she isn't afraid to, but she’s equally willing to beg for forgiveness afterwards. In social settings, she often gives off the impression of "playing hard to get", or being a "tsundere", especially when being called cute, or when her looks are complemented. This isn't the case though, Lumi just honestly finds it embarrassing, and really does just hate being called cute. Don’t go flirting or trying to be “weird” with Lumi though, as you’ll find yourself being quickly rejected, or your face hitting the nearest wall at speed.
Lumi will defend her students and islands with all her might, and give swift punishment to psychics who dirty the name of psionics by committing crimes with psionics.
Speaking of hating something, one thing Lumi doesn’t hate is strawberries. Oh no, she loves them. And I mean, loves them. Lumi has a borderline obsession with strawberries- Strawberry milkshake, strawberry cheesecake, strawberries, strawberry juice. “Is it strawberry flavoured? No? Too bad, I never liked it anyway, sorry.” A word of warning though... don’t go stealing the strawberry off of her cakes; the last time somebody did, they were rushed to A&E.
Due to her absolute level of her psionic power and mental capability, the sheer volume of knowledge about everything she has, and her awareness of her surroundings can lead to an overwhelming level of boredom at times. She doesn’t get like this often, twice in a month at worst, but when it happens, it drives her into a deep, unbearable depression. In order to counter this, Lumi created a concoction. This concoction is powerful agent capable of shutting down psionic power, and numbing the mind. It puts her into a doped state, dropping her mental capabilities to that of an ordinary Human, and jams her psionic powers, and she likely falls to sleep as well. Eadda worries though, because it makes Lumi absolutely vulnerable.
On a final note, she comes across as in control all the time, and you'll find she's usually at least a few steps ahead of you at all times. It's impossible to say how far ahead she's planned, and how extensive those plans are, not until you stand defeated before her, and the realization she out-planned you at every step and possible step hits you. Lumi rarely ever contacts anybody in person, usually using an ridiculously life-like illusion to meetings instead.
Background: Pre-Psychic Wars
[ CURRENTLY UNDER REWORK - PLEASE WAIT PATIENTLY, THANK YOU! :D ]
Lumi was born in 18th January 1963, at 1:38 AM, daughter of Elaine Faraday and George Augustus Faraday. Her parents were of a humble wealth, middle class at best, but with decent enough jobs to never leave them wanting. Unable to get to a hospital because of the heavy snow, Lumi was born at home. Thankfully, one of their neighbors was a midwife, so came over to help.
Struggling to come to decision on a name, Elaine's Finnish mother looked outside, and was inspired by the endless white before her, lit only be lanterns, and a few streetlights. Elaine's mother suggested the name "Lumi", meaning snow in Finnish. Elaine and George fell in love with the name, and stuck with it, adding "Charlotte" as a middle name after George's late mother.
It wasn't long after Lumi's birth that a unique feature became apparent: her striking, purple eyes. Nothing like a case of dark blue eyes being mistaken, or looking like purple, Lumi's eyes were unmistakably, vivid purple.
"Our tiny daughter, with jewels in her eyes." - Elaine Faraday
Lumi was like any other child in her earliest years, with the exception of her learning ability. At the age of only 2-3 months, Lumi was able to form words, and soon after at 4-6 months, she could form simple sentences by combining two or three words together. Amazed by her learning ability, George started teaching Lumi maths at the age of 9 months, and quickly picked it up.
Even though her speech was still developing, Lumi was solving algebraic problems from 11 months, and only two months later, George found himself teaching her the likes of differentiation and integration. George, a maths lecturer, and PhD holder, at a university, had never seen anything like it before.
Lumi's speech quickly caught up to her mathematical ability. Elaine found Lumi reading the likes of Shakespeare and Sherlock Holmes. When Elaine questioned her about what she was reading, Lumi was understanding it, and analyzing it, at a deep level. This would later be understood to be due to her telepathic and empathic abilities, giving her a greater depth of wisdom.
George and Elaine were so shocked at her ability, they felt she would never fit into a normal school. George has seen all kinds of genius students in the past, but what was happening with Lumi...
"Is an unheard of level of intelligence."
Years with Eadda
Life in France
Background: Psychic Wars
[ CURRENTLY UNDER REWORK - PLEASE WAIT PATIENTLY, THANK YOU! :D ]
Yrs 1 - 6: Segregation of Psychics
Lumi is 15 at the start of the wars.
Yrs 7 - 9: Secret Plot Unleashed
Yrs 10 - 14: A World Divided
Yrs 15 - 17: Lumi’s Conquest
Yrs 18 - 24: The True War
Yr 25: Marc’s Fall
Yrs 26 - 28: A Moment of Peace
Yrs 29 - 30: Darkness of the Nightmare Cult
Yr 31: Chaos from Beyond
Yrs 32 - 35: The Second Psychic War
Yr 36: Rise of the Demigod
Yr 37: Balance Returns
Yrs 38 - 39: Another Moment of Peace
Yr 40: Resurgence of Divine Right
Yr 41: The Gate Opens
Yrs 42 - 45: Worlds Collide
Yr 46: Other-Earthly Friends
Yr 47: One More Moment of Peace
Yr 48: The Ae’ani Arrive
Yr 49: Hunting the God-Psychic
Yrs 50 - 62: The Third Psychic War
Yr 63: The Last of Earth
Yr 64: Awakening of the God-Psychics
Yr 65: Recreation of the Earth
Background Post-Psychic Wars
[ CURRENTLY UNDER REWORK - PLEASE WAIT PATIENTLY, THANK YOU! :D ]
Creation of the Faraday Isles
Onset of Madness
- "Psionics is wonderful! There's a beauty to it which I hope you'll find in your own powers! Psionics represents freedom, the freedom to act, think and feel when and where we want, how and why we want! Psionics is a wonder, a fantastical power of limitless possibilities and endless fun! I hope you'll enjoy your time at this school, and find the beauty of your powers."
- ― Lumi to the students at a new first year students assembly
- "See those kids over there, in that school!? They're my brats! My pupils! My family! If you ever think of trying to hurt them again, I will scatter your essence across the multiverse! I'm the most powerful Human psychic alive, so remember that and do your research next time, dumbass!"
- ― Lumi, standing over the nearly unconscious body of a very powerful enemy from Psychena
- "How idiotic can idiots be? How do idiots like you make it through a day with such idiocy? I must be an idiot for not knowing how astoundingly idiotic idiots like you can be. What do you idiots even want with her? I doubt you idiots could think your way through one times tables, so what idiot are you idiots working for? Can you idiots even manage speech? You idiots are the most idiotic idiots I've ever had the displeasure of idiotically spending any time near. You're all the purest form of idiocy, so prepare to get crushed like the idiots you are."
- ― Lumi taunting the Psychics that kidnapped Barbara McCarthy while she was visiting her grandparents
Lumi is unquestionable the greatest psionic power under that of Filicia, and that's saying something. She grew through combat and conflict, and gained mastery of the ultimate level of psionics after awakening. There isn't one psychic, other than Nita Flores and Filicia, can can possibly hold a candle to her, inside and outside of her universe (yes, this is a thing).
Absolute Psionic Power - The ultimate level of psychic power. There's not much else to say. She trained and fought hard, and reached the pinnacle through extreme hardship.
Four Small Fists
When Lumi begins to get serious, she'll start using her "Four Small Fists" psychic combat fighting style, a style of psychic combat which she developed herself. When she does start using it, she'll tie her hair back into a pony tail. This fighting style is a "psionic martial art", as Lumi puts it. It involves getting close to your opponents and staying close, never letting them get out of melee range, counter and dodge all their attacks, find and/or create openings, and finish them off fast. This style is a fusion of huge power and intericate technique. As before, she'll be reading everything about you and looking into the future.
When she's close, she'll begin to attack- each punch, chop, kick, grab and touch empowered with telekinesis, and delivering simultaneous blows of psychic energy, telekinetic force, a mix of physical energies, emotional energies and astral energy, hitting her opponent mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually all at the same time (this four level strike is why it's called four small fists. The melee attacks of this style are like focus points though which she unleashes huge energy attacks directly at the opponent, in either a cutting or blunt style. The same energies can be used as instantaneous defense from attacks, and to break through the defenses of her opponents. Teleportation, potents illusions and energy attacks are also used with this style.
This fighting style is a really hard one to counter. She'll be faster than you- prettty much a guarantee, hitting you on four levels with huge, precisely controlled power, perfectly countering/defending/dodging your attacks, and when things get a little more serious, adding psychic lighting, fire or ice to the style, to really give you a hard time. This fighting style is a culmination of a collection of powers, and requires incredible levels of focus and awareness, and simultaneous control of the your own body and mind, and a plethera of different energies, and as you can imagine, this fighting style isn't one that you can just learn either- you've got to either be born with the right powers, or train to ridiculous levels.
Lumi can amp up the speed and power of this technique as required against opponents. To Lumi, this fighting style is fun to use, and it was all inspired from one statement:
- "You see, psychics are all going to be using illusions, ranged attacks, and being real sneaky sneaks, maybe a few will try and punch you. So! I devise a plan! Indeed indeed! If you can get right up to your opponents, straight past their defense's comfort zone, and start smacking them around, it'd be a real shock right!"
- ― Lumi about psychic combat
Of course, if you can push Lumi past using this style, then congratulations, but you're in for a whole other world of hurt, as she unleashes the full capabilities of her absolute power.
Of course, Lumi's powers don't end with her Four Small Fists style, and although she often gets into melee combat for the thrill of it, her capabilities are muh deeper and power much greater.
- Living Illumis - When Lumi meets people, it's typically as an illusion, however, she takes this one step further. Because Lumi can be out for 8 hours to five days, four to seven times a year, under the effects of her XPS5 concoction, she positioned multiple living illusions, iterations of herself, in and around the universe and three realms- each looking and acting differently to her, in order to protect everything during this time. They have their own lives and are self sustaining, but each maintain Lumi's own core beliefs, morals, and thought processes, and never deviate from them. There are believed to be at least 30 Illumis, but only Filicia, Eadda and Minerva can be totally certain. If Lumi is ever too close though, these "Illumis" collapse to sleep.
- Known Illumis:
- Sarah Newton -Illumi ααα- - The Illumi working together with Lumi to run the Faraday Isles. Publicly, Sarah is the Vice-Chancellor of the Faraday Isles, the one who will take over running the country in case Lumi cannot for any reason.
- Mia de Elhuyar -Illumi ααβ- - The Illumi working as a genius, an incredible inventor, and a highly influential psionicist on the Faraday Isles, an individual who people listen to, and who's name and work carries a lot of weight in psionics.
- Grace Lovelace -Illumi ααγ- - The Illumi working as a prominent senior lecturer at a university level within the First Psychic School.
- Olivia Faynman -Illumi ααδ- - The Illumi working with American officials and Psionicists to run the "Second Psychic School" near Tokyo in Japan.
- Yuki Murakami -Illumi ααε- - The Illumi working with Japanese officials and Psionicists to run up the "Third Psychic School" near Tokyo in Japan.
- Esh'jara -Illumi βαα- - A travelling spirit in Astrala, one who silently keeps an eye on all the goings on.
- Inira -Illumi γαα- - One of the Crafters in Psychena, one who works closely with Filicia. Which Filicia knows in reality, that it's Lumi, for the sake of Lumi's plan and security, she keeps up the act along side her.
- Mary Halley -Illumi δαα- - The Illumi within Alku, the android's digital world. She works there as a maid in the Alku council, keeping a silent watch over proceedings.
- E'rala -Illumi εαα- - Considered the bravest Illumi, she's the Illumi Lumi has positioned on the Ae'ani home world, who has managed to "infiltrate" the Ae'ani empire's political heart.
- Mindscape Transportation/Creation - Lumi often transforms her thoughts into reality, and in some cases, transforms reality into thoughts. The greatest case of this was when the Ae'ani came with a fleet of 100,000 warships to try and overpower her and destroy they Earth (not realizing the absolute nature of her power). In order to scare the life out of them, Lumi quite literally turned the Ae'ani home galaxy into her thoughts, turning her into god in their own turf. The Ae'ani surrendered, and Lumi returned their galaxy to normal.
- Time Travel - Lumi's psychic powers are great enough that she can even travel through time with considerable ease. She's done this many times, simply to watch her younger sister again, to see her smile and hear her laughter. To reminisce about the simpler times.
- Sheer Awesomeness
The Psychonova is Lumi's most devastating and awe-inspiring attack, not only in its grandeur, but its its effect. The Psychonova is the culmination of all of Lumi's training, power, capabilities, and knowledge rolled into one signature attack. Lumi only uses the Psychonova for one reason- the complete and utter elimination of her target- be it a person, or even a whole civiliation.
There is no escape, no hiding, and no defending yourself from it. When she fires this attack at you, there is no hope, your very existence ends here at every level conceivable, down to your very soul and essence. There is no returning from this attack, you will be gone.
The Psychonova is a fusion of physical, psychic, astral, and emotional energies, combined with a multitude of psychic effects and capabilities. There have only ever been two instances Lumi has unleashed the Psychonova, Eadda described the first time in her records- one she wrote at it unfolded:
"Lumi raises her arm toward Marc. In her open palm, a tiny, infinitesimal point of purple light appears. The skies turn a brilliant purple. The lands and seas of the Earth shake violently under the overwhelming might of the unfolding events, quaking in fear. What buildings remained collapse. Those left standing fall.
Lumi's eyes glow like the skies. The sun and planets, and even space itself, shift to a purple hue. Only a few seconds have passed at most, yet the milky way, and reality itself, now tremble beneath her, as she wields a godly might like that I have never witnessed before.
Lumi finally releases the attack. The Psychonova. Purple. All around is purple. A violent light. A violent sensation. I can feel Marc's end within my being. His fear. His anger. His Hatred. Then nothing. Nothing more. I can no longer sense him. In this moment, even my eyes are unable to witness him as he is torn from creation.
The light fades in a violent motion. The skies and space return to normal. The quaking stops. The person Lumi was fighting... I can... no longer remember their face, their name. I can say with assurance however, that they are gone. Completely gone."
The Psychonova's capabilities as an attack, Lumi's ultimate signature attack:
- Absolute Attack
- Absolute Destruction
- Civilization Erasure
- Connection Removal
- Data Erasure
- Existence Erasure
- Future Removal
- Healing Erasure
- Identity Erasure
- Knowledge Erasure
- Life and Death Removal
- Luck Erasure
- Memory Destruction
- Omnipresential Attack
- Phenomenon Elimination
- Power Erasure/Power Destruction
- Reality Expulsion/Expulsion
- Space Depletion
- Temporal Erasure
Incidents of Randomness
Lumi is well known among those closest to her for her random behavior at times. These incidents of randomness vary in scale and danger, but Eadda has kept a titled record of each one. Some of the more prominent examples are:
- "Strawberries for Everyone" - Lumi once changed the entire school meal menu at the Psychic School to nothing but strawberry-based dishes for a week. Lumi claimed by doing this, the budget allowed her to import way more strawberries than usual. Only Lumi and a handful of others enjoyed it, everybody else was sick of strawberries by the end of the week.
- "Dolphin Idol" - Lumi once transferred into her own school, the Psychic School, as a student, just so she could enjoy the life of a school idol. The plan almost backfired when some students came close to finding out after Mai hinted at this fact a month later. Lumi gathered all these students at the main beach of the islands, and "revealed" herself to be a dolphin with psychic powers, transformed into a dolphin, and few away into the moon light after a last, emotional squeek. Everybody was left both baffled and upset.
- "Secret Ambassador" - Lumi once pretended to be the "secret interplanetary ambassador of the antarctic". Donning a secret service get-up, and wielding an inflatable penguin as a sword, she attacked random people around the island.
- "One-day IMAX" - When a film Lumi really wanted to watch came out, she turned the day into a bank holiday, built an IMAX cinema in the first, large enough space she found. She locked the doors, and invited nobody to watch it with her. Nobody was too concerned, as they got a holiday out of it. The IMAX was gone the next day.
- "Desk Fury" - When one of Lumi's post-graduate students tried to flirt with her, she got so annoyed she chased him, and his friends who were their at the time, around the islands for the entire day, with her desk.
- "The Day Everybody Forgot" - During an assembly for the induction of a new year of first years, Lumi ended her speech by immediately putting everybody into cutesy animal mascot costumes, and told them to show their seniors who's boss. By the end of the day, it had gotten so out of hand that damage was all over the island, and everyone was left injured and emotionally scared. On reflection after she calmed down, she thought it was actually a terrible idea, and erased everyone's memories of it, erased all records of it (other than Eadda's), and fixed everybody and the island up. It came to be known as "The Day Everybody Forgot".
- XPS5 - The concoction Lumi uses on herself before her boredom overwhelms her into a deep depression. Standing for eXperimental Psionic Shutdown, variant 5, it’s a powerful concoction built to temporarily cease psionic operations, even at an absolute level, in a lifeform. If any psychic other than Lumi was given a dose, it could likely lead to permanent brain damage, nervous system damage, psionic ability damage, heart failure, and other complications. Due to Lumi being so powerful, XPS5 is not able to cause these side-effects in her. Lumi has no records of how to make XPS5, digitally or on paper. She simply remembers the recipe and methods needed to create it, so that nobody else can ever figure it out, as you could imagine what might happen if the world ever had a “psychic killing potion” in their arsenal. XPS5 can knock Lumi out, and keep her powerless, anywhere from 8 hours to 5 days.
- She created the Psychic School Islands with her own power, as to not incur any construction costs.
- Lumi is a complicated character in regards to her relation to the rest of the world. She doesn't keep anything hidden from people, yet there's a lot of mystery surrounding Lumi; her power, her dreams, her reasons, the world knows nothing of her despite how open she is.
- Lumi means "Snow" in Finnish. Her father is English and her mother is French, but her mother's mother, grandmother, is Finnish, and this is where the idea for the name came from, as it was snowing when Lumi was born.
- And I want to give a big thank you to Imouto-tan and NicWynter!
Fighting, not seriously, but playing around with her opponent: