Hill Tomerman is a Rusher-rank member of the Acrilian Guard, with his side of the alliance coming from the Advanced Justice Committee stationed in Summer City. He and his friends have saved the city from danger countless times.
Hill was raised in the Kedrian Mountains of Acril, a small continent in the northern hemisphere of Avalon. He is the son of Volk Tomerman and Oceana Tomerman, next to his eldest brother Dune Tomerman, and his younger sister, Anna Tomerman. He had a rather rough childhood, as his father was an experienced and dedicated superhero, leaving his mother to care for him mostly. After his first doctor's appointment, Hill was revealed to be half-human and half-Super.
When Hill was young, his grandfather would always tell him stories, from which he learned about the world. After he heard that his grandfather had been a famous hero back in his day, he became obsessed with hearing about his senior's adventures, and the elder became a role model to the young boy. When Hill was 10, he watched his grandfather pass away at his deathbed, and was grief-stricken ever since.
After moving to Summer City at the age of 13, Hill became a valued member of the Advanced Justice Committee, a special police-like force based in Summer City dedicated to protecting its safety. When he saved a child from an out-of-control skidding car, the committee took note of his abilities and capabilities, and recruited him with permission from the boy's parents.
Volk, Hill's father, who had been a famous superhero by the name of Volcano 11 years prior, re-joined the superhero business after Hill became part of it, with the intent of guiding his son through the hardships of heroism. Hill was trained and educated for 2 years, practicing hand-to-hand combat, meta-anthropology, metapsychology, physics, chemistry, and medical science.
After months and months of protecting Summer City from hyper-terrorists, Hill felt that he wasn't strong enough to protect the committee, the people of Summer City, and by extension, himself. With a determination to become more powerful, he went on a nine-month training vacation with his father to become stronger. After nine months, now sixteen years old and stronger than ever, Hill returns to Summer City, greeted warmly by his friends.
Not long after returning, Hill found that his appearance, as well as the aliases of his comrades, had become known across the city- to the public, he was known as Tomer. With public recognition on his list of achievements, he was soon presented with the opportunity of joining the Acrilian Guard, a pseudo-militaristic company that works alongside the Acrilian Military to quell dangers- be they imperial, militarial, or even Superterrestrial or otherworldly- to the government and the ones being governed. Reluctant to agree, Hill decided to only join the Acrilian Guard, on the condition that his friends would be implemented into the company as well.
Hill is a boy of regular height, with a rather lithe, lean body. While he may appear to be scrawny with his shirt on, he is actually surprisingly muscular underneath it. He has olive green eyes, and smooth, medium-length chocolate brown hair with a few tufts falling around his head, and a small cowlick on the top of his hair.
Starting out, he wore only a green t-shirt, cargo shorts and red shoes. His style has changed over time, and he now commonly wears a red shirt beneath a black overcoat, along with black pants and white shoes.
Upon joining the Acrilian Guard, he was given a custom-made uniform consisting of a grey longcoat with a black bodysuit underneath it, and black boots with white stripes over them. On the left side of the longcoat is the insignia of the Acrilian Guard, which is a single blade wrapped in a vine that has white heather flowers blooming upon it. The necklace his grandfather gave him when he was a child is secured around his neck by a small, clamp-on chest harness which locks the pendant in and keeps it from falling off of his neck.
From a young age, he harbored a love for all things heroic in nature, and was mesmerized by the thought of being a superhero so much that as a child he often acted out or pretended to do the kinds of courageous deeds that a superhero would perform.
Entering the hero business, Hill had a rather naive view of heroism and morality. At first, he associated being a hero to simply focusing on engaging a villain in combat, rather than having the priority be the protection of the citizens; he quickly corrected these mistakes effectively. His morality, which was simply restricted to knowing the difference between conventional good and evil, was challenged firmly by a hyper-terrorist whose motives exposed to Hill the fact that there is no such thing as true justice. He later came to a philosophical conclusion after being pulled out of this existential crisis by his friends.
He believes that the world is like a scale, and its two sides are peace, and chaos; if there is too much peace and not enough chaos, then there is no progress to be made, and if there is too much chaos and not enough peace, there is no chance for progress to be made. Hill believes that he is the one who rebalances this "scale" when chaos has overcome peace.
From there on, Hill became a more responsible and outgoing young man, respected even by his superiors for his levelheadedness and reinforced decision-making skills. He acts almost like an adult for his age, while still having the same heroic ambition and motivation that he has always had. He is very aware of his own faults, and actively works to lessen their severity.
One of Hill's most prominent attributes is his heroic kindness towards others, even to people who he barely knows. He has a warm and caring demeanor, and is very watchful of the emotions of those around him. He is determined to make the world a better place, one that can satisfy everyone. He is a pacifist who is reluctant to fight unless it is the only option.
He is an ambivert, meaning he is equal parts introvert (reclusive and non-social) and extrovert (expressive and social).
Abilities and Skills
Superhuman Condition: As a Super, Hill possesses physical capability significantly higher than that of a normal human.
- Superhuman Strength: He is capable of lifting an intermodal container above his head and throwing it, and can kick hard enough to put a dent in an Armored Personnel Carrier. According to the fitness records from the committee, he can lift around 8 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: His highest recorded running speed is Mach 0.7; if he vibrates himself, he can accelerate to the speed of sound within moments.
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Endurance: He can withstand a lot of punishment before he even begins to feel fatigued. He's able to shrug off mild explosions, and is capable of surviving falls that would easily kill a normal human.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Instantaneous Movement: He can accelerate his movement at a rapid pace for a brief moment, and appear as if he had teleported.
Combat Skills: Hill has accumulated much experience in close-quarters combat as well as general fighting during his time as a hero, and has become so skilled that he can take on dangerous hyper-terrorists and crime bosses one-on-one without any outside help. After the timeskip, he displays great mettle in handling critical combat situations independently.
Thermokinesis: He can manipulate and generate heat and intense thermal energy (which comes in the form of a red glow, similar to Ki) for a variety of purposes.
- Heat Attacks: He can fire heat-based attacks such as heat beams, heat rays, heat missiles, thermal bombs and heat bolts, and can also combine heat into his physical attacks for more damage output.
- Superheating: He can force the atoms of a local gas to move at high speeds, increasing their kinetic energy, thus generating varying amounts of superhot plasma.
- Thermo-Aerokinesis: By expelling thermal energy into the atmosphere, he can control hot air in a manner similar to Air Manipulation. He can remain underwater for long amounts of time by expanding his lungs with hot air.
- Thermal Resistance: He is resistant to both extreme cold and extreme heat. It should be noted that he is only highly resistant, and not entirely immune.
- Thermokinetic Flight: He has developed the ability to hover by exerting thermal propulsion thrusters from his palms and feet.
- Heat Vision: He can direct the acceleration of atoms in his field of vision in a straight line to veritably shoot rays of heat from his eyes. This ability is especially useful in sniping situations.
Vibrokinesis: Hill is able to generate mechanical pressure waves which come in the form of vibrations, that can be channeled through various mediums including air, the ground, water, and other matter.
- Vibration Attacks: He is able to infuse pressure into his physical attacks to produce devastating effects, and has learned to fire intense seismic energy through the air as a kinetic projectile.
- High-Speed Movement: He can drastically enhance his speed by surrounding his entire body with pressure waves during movement, allowing him to propel himself twice as fast as normal.
Overheat: As an attribute of heat control, Hill can endothermically absorb ambient heat from the environment and channel it through his own abilities, maximizing his natural energy output to great levels. This technique is called Overheat. While using Overheat, he is surrounded by an aura of red, flaring energy, his eyes becoming red, and his hair a sand-like color. In this mode, the strength of his heat-infused physical attacks are increased, and the potency of his heat attacks are enhanced by 150%. His heat manipulation becomes so powerful that he can veritably fly, using near-automatic hot air manipulation.
Quake: His alternative technique. By forcefully vibrating the air around him at the speed of sound, he can create free, self-propagating vibration waves that cover his entire body like a shield. The self-perpetuating vibrations that protect his body also enhance his striking power, agility, and defense to astounding levels. While in this form, anything he says sounds as if it's being sped up in a voice editor.
HotQuake: A form which requires all of his power. Hill emits heat and vibratory waves simultaneously at a rapid pace until a state of thermo-seismic duality is achieved where copious amounts of both mechanical and thermal energy are generated with an energy burst every second. During this form, both his sound and heat powers are enhanced, and with the benefits of both Overheat and Quake at the same time.
- Thermo-Seismic Freezing: He can convert the heat generated by HotQuake into the mechanical energy generated by the same form, thus reducing its temperature significantly; by repeating this process multiple times in only a few seconds, he can push the temperature of the surrounding area low enough to create ice.
High Intellect: He is highly cultivated intellectually in various areas of physics and science overall, a trait which shows in the independent engineering of his own powers. Additionally, he is also knowledgeable in biology, history, and politics (to a degree for the latter).
- Concentration is needed to manipulate heat; due to his mastery of his thermokinesis however, he can fire most fully effective heat attacks with almost no effort, but blatantly larger expulsions of heat take more focus.
- The range of his vibration emission is limited, and anyone who can carry superior kinetic energy can break through any kinetic barrier.
- The amount of time he takes and the level of heat he absorbs in order to go Overheat varies directly with how long the form lasts.
- Executing his Instantaneous Movement requires a sizable deal of stamina and force to be exerted in a single moment.
- There exists technology that is capable of negating psychokinetic abilities (like his thermokinesis and vibrokinesis).
- Generating plasma is difficult and takes tremendous effort, and he is hardly able to control the plasma that he creates (he doesn't form the plasma itself as much as he only superheats the gas).
- The process of creating ice in HotQuake significantly drains the form's duration due to having to sacrifice vibrations and heat.
"There is peace, and there is chaos. When there is too much peace and not enough chaos, there is limited progress to be made. When there is too much chaos and not enough peace, there is no chance for progress to be made. I am the one who corrects the scales when chaos has dominated, and re-establishes balance within the system, allowing society to pick itself up, and prosper once again."
- His full name is Hilliam Day Tomerman.
- He loves chocolate and coconut milk.
- Tomer is Hebrew for palm tree, and stands for being upright and just.
- He is a huge fan of Vocaloid's GUMI.
- He is one of the few characters that can speak Avalonian, which is, by the time the series begins, considered to be a dying language due to the partial movement of Earth's population to Avalon.
- He's stated that he has always wanted to fly a kite.
- His favorite sport is baseball.
- He is horribly afraid of the ocean.