FANDOM


  • Almighty magic is the ultimate form of magic so you can do just about anything you want with this power? So I’m interested in what you guys would do if you had almighty magic.

    Be as creative as you want :)

      Loading editor
    • @Friend6095, 

      I would create two fantasy worlds and warp reality in both of them to my liking. I would apply Rule Transcendence, so I can rewrite the rules of both fantasy worlds whenever and however I feel like doing so. 

      EDIT: I would also make fictional characters appear in the fantasy worlds through applying Meta-Concept Manipulation and doing whatever I wished with them. 

        Loading editor
    • 123shazarmai: Nice! That sounds like fun. There are so many interesting ideas for fantasy worlds! :)

        Loading editor
    • I'd push it into my subconscious so I could only use it when necessary. Playing god gets boring fast.

        Loading editor
    • LardWad420: How so? I respect your opinion but I think it would be interesting to be able to defy limitations with magic. There are so many possibilities.

        Loading editor
    • Deciding the fate of everyone around you, shaping the univese including every little complexity, carrying the burden of all knowledge on earth, etc. would be taxing on the mind. Imagine playing Sims 4 on a global scale.

        Loading editor
    • LardWad420: Sims is pretty depressing to play and also pretty boring, at least for me.

      I agree with you that there would be many burdens that come with this power but it would be nice (at least for me) because I could finally make a difference instead of sitting and feeling helpless.

      If I had almighty magic, I would use it to help those who are in need of dire help, those who are less fortunate, and to also help those who have been severely traumatized. I would also use it to spread peace, knowledge, and enlightenment all throughout the world.

      I find it a little ironic how some people are always talking about how they want to have omnipotence and other similar powers like this but then they say that it's too much power for humans to handle. I guess humans weren't meant to have this level of power, otherwise the world would be even worse than it already is.

        Loading editor
    • To be honest it would be way more fun to slowly build myself up from a normal human into a mystopotent, exploring the omniverse in search of immortality first and foremost (that way I have an infinite amount of time on my hands to up my skills) and then furthering my power and gaining forgotten, forbidden and arcane knowledge, mastering all the different fields of magic over the span of millineas until I obtained almighty magic.

      Of course I'd need to obtain alliance with some eldritch, angelic, demonic and divine lifeforms to make sure my divine magic, angelic magic, demonic magic, dark arts and eldritch magic worked properly (so many contracts X_X), or as alternative use my earned almighty magic to become a divine angelic demonic eldritch being, then take the powers of those who were lending me their power in the first place.

      What this does is ensure that I am ready for the power at hand, I understand and have already accepted the burdens, and my mind has adapted to it by now.

      Also I get this wasn't your intention but that's just how I'd want things to go for me, earning this power and thus having accepted the burdens of it, my mind fully adapted to the pataphysical planes.

        Loading editor
    • Friend6095 wrote:
      I find it a little ironic how some people are always talking about how they want to have omnipotence and other similar powers like this but then they say that it's too much power for humans to handle.

      Those who wish for Omnipotence and those who deem it overwhelming are usually not the same people.

        Loading editor


    • Also I get this wasn't your intention but that's just how I'd want things to go for me, earning this power and thus having accepted the burdens of it, my mind fully adapted to the pataphysical planes.

      It's perfectly fine. Everyone's different. I guess slowly working up to something in order to fully understand it is better than just having infinite knowledge on your desired field of interest.

        Loading editor
    • AlphaTheHD wrote:

      Friend6095 wrote:
      I find it a little ironic how some people are always talking about how they want to have omnipotence and other similar powers like this but then they say that it's too much power for humans to handle.

      Those who wish for Omnipotence and those who deem it overwhelming are usually not the same people.

      I know but some of them do fit into both.

        Loading editor
    • That's why I said "usually."

        Loading editor
    • Same as @LardWad420.

      With almighty magic, you can practically gain every power in the book minus omnipotence.


      What fun is 'being able to help people' when you know that at any moment you can snap your fingers and suddenly world peace?

      Gaining almighty powers is the equivalent of gaining immortality. Suddenly: "Oh, you can live forever, yay!" but then you realize that as generations and life goes on and on, you get more depressed and insane and wish to die. Gaining almighty powers sounds like fun, but then it gets boring fast, as you will eventually have zero motivation in life. There's nothing else to live for if you're already at the peak, and the meaning of life is lost.



      There is a reason why people say humans can't have these kinds of power. Our mentality isn't up there. And if you try to say "I'll magically change my mentality to work", then you're pretty much not human anymore, and everything you want to do with this power becomes irrelevant.

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean by "everything you want to do with this power become irrelevant?"

        Loading editor
    • In my case my mind had already long adpated to the pataphysical and omniphysical planes, allowing me to have the proper mentality to handle the burdens and the power itself. Also, I'd hardly call infinite possibilities irrelevant. Just, you know, don't overuse the power when you don't want to? Ta da.

        Loading editor
    • VoidWalker: That’s so cool! I don’t mean to sound nosy but could you please further explain? You don’t have to if you don’t want to but I like learning about magic and the astral realm (if that even makes sense).

        Loading editor
    • "Just, you know, don't overuse the power when you don't want to? Ta da."

      Until you use the power JUST because you can especially since the temptation is inevitable. As soon as you find out what you can do and what you can know, you're going to have to transcend your humanity. Especially with your post about gaining absolute power, you're definitely the type to flaunt your abilities and use them to the fullest extent.

        Loading editor
    • Friend6095 wrote:
      What do you mean by "everything you want to do with this power become irrelevant?"

      I mean that once you change your mind to become accustomed to the power, aka transcend the human mind as a whole, you're a completely different being, and not even the same person with the same motives again. All your human curiosity and goals become irrelevant because you are not the same person.

      Humans aren't made for god powers. You either gain insanity or lose your humanity.

        Loading editor
    • CoolCat123450 wrote:
      "Just, you know, don't overuse the power when you don't want to? Ta da."

      Until you use the power JUST because you can especially since the temptation is inevitable. As soon as you find out what you can do and what you can know, you're going to have to transcend your humanity. Especially with your post about gaining absolute power, you're definitely the type to flaunt your abilities and use them to the fullest extent.

      I am the type to abuse power but I feel myself capable of being fine with being separate from other humans.

      That was more of a suggestion towards others.

        Loading editor
    • Friend6095 wrote:
      VoidWalker: That’s so cool! I don’t mean to sound nosy but could you please further explain? You don’t have to if you don’t want to but I like learning about magic and the astral realm (if that even makes sense).

      See given the nature of pataphysics and omniphysics it's rather hard to explain how exactly my mind would adapt. The idea however is that through the help of certain magical skills I can augment my mental capabilities to withstand the knowledge I obtain.

        Loading editor
    • DeathstroketheHedgehog wrote:
      Friend6095 wrote:
      What do you mean by "everything you want to do with this power become irrelevant?"
      I mean that once you change your mind to become accustomed to the power, aka transcend the human mind as a whole, you're a completely different being, and not even the same person with the same motives again. All your human curiosity and goals become irrelevant because you are not the same person.

      Humans aren't made for god powers. You either gain insanity or lose your humanity.

      I'm fine with losing my humanity. 

        Loading editor
    • TheVoidWalker69 wrote:
      DeathstroketheHedgehog wrote:
      Friend6095 wrote:
      What do you mean by "everything you want to do with this power become irrelevant?"
      I mean that once you change your mind to become accustomed to the power, aka transcend the human mind as a whole, you're a completely different being, and not even the same person with the same motives again. All your human curiosity and goals become irrelevant because you are not the same person.

      Humans aren't made for god powers. You either gain insanity or lose your humanity.

      I'm fine with losing my humanity. 

      So am I. Being a human, at least for me, is kind of boring. There are so many limitations. Plus, I am a very mature and intellectual person so I think I could handle having godly power.

        Loading editor
    • Friend6095 wrote:

      So am I. Being a human, at least for me, is kind of boring. There are so many limitations. Plus, I am a very mature and intellectual person so I think I could handle having godly power.

      Your idea of boring doesn't exist when you go beyond a human mind.

      It doesn't matter how mature and intellectual you think you are when you obtain godly power, that does not protect your from insanity.

      I don't think you understand what is meant by transcending humanity. You think you can keep your few wants, your ideas, your interests, your care, etc when you transcend humanity. Sorry, dude, but that's not the case.

      When you transcend humanity, you're completely different, to the point where no man on this planet can possibly describe it. Being smart and mature means absolutely nothing, this is like talking about becoming a superdimensional being here. ​​

      Hell I can't find the power on this wiki, but there used to (or probably still is) a power where you can put people into a coma by asking an impossible question just because how FAR BEYOND human knowledge it is. Once you're above humanity, you're a 100% different individual altogether.

        Loading editor
    • DeathstroketheHedgehog wrote:
      Friend6095 wrote:

      So am I. Being a human, at least for me, is kind of boring. There are so many limitations. Plus, I am a very mature and intellectual person so I think I could handle having godly power.

      Your idea of boring doesn't exist when you go beyond a human mind.

      It doesn't matter how mature and intellectual you think you are when you obtain godly power, that does not protect your from insanity.

      I don't think you understand what is meant by transcending humanity. You think you can keep your few wants, your ideas, your interests, your care, etc when you transcend humanity. Sorry, dude, but that's not the case.

      When you transcend humanity, you're completely different, to the point where no man on this planet can possibly describe it. Being smart and mature means absolutely nothing, this is like talking about becoming a superdimensional being here. ​​

      Hell I can't find the power on this wiki, but there used to (or probably still is) a power where you can put people into a coma by asking an impossible question just because how FAR BEYOND human knowledge it is. Once you're above humanity, you're a 100% different individual altogether.

      I think the level of insanity one would gain from almighty powers would depend completely on the individual. Some people do not have the mind or the body to obtain godly power so they'd most likely go insane or pass out/die completely. Others have a very expansive mind and a very strong body so they could take in godly power no problem.

      I get what you're saying and I agree with you. When you transcend humanity, you do become completely different but how different one becomes when gaining godly power is also up to the individual as everyone has a different mindset when it comes to this stuff.

      And can you please give me an example of impossible questions that are far beyond human knowledge? I really didn't think there would be such thing as a power that puts people in a coma just by asking them impossible questions.

        Loading editor
    • "Plus, I am a very mature and intellectual person so I think I could handle having godly power."

      LOL Yep, people who say stuff like this are never going to understand it and usually don't deserve it in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • CoolCat123450 wrote:
      "Plus, I am a very mature and intellectual person so I think I could handle having godly power."

      LOL Yep, people who say stuff like this are never going to understand it and usually don't deserve it in the first place.

      How so? I was just being honest.

        Loading editor
    • A lot of people have an over-inflated sense of self in how they believe they can control forces that are entirely beyond them.

        Loading editor
    • CoolCat123450 wrote:
      A lot of people have an over-inflated sense of self in how they believe they can control forces that are entirely beyond them.

      That's true

        Loading editor
    • The power seems to come in a self-contained turnkey format, but whether or not you could control yourself while using it is an entirely different question ^ ^;

        Loading editor
    • DYBAD wrote:
      The power seems to come in a self-contained turnkey format, but whether or not you could control yourself while using it is an entirely different question ^ ^;

      What do you mean by self-contained turnkey format? Other than that, I agree with you. The temptation to do so many different things with this power would be so strong.

        Loading editor
    • I mean the power is given already mastered, so you don't have to worry about controling it.

        Loading editor
    • I think the level of insanity one would gain from almighty powers would depend completely on the individual. Some people do not have the mind or the body to obtain godly power so they'd most likely go insane or pass out/die completely. Others have a very expansive mind and a very strong body so they could take in godly power no problem.

      Nope. You're still not getting it. It doesnt matter how durable a person is, if they get shot by a gun it's gonna pass through their skin. It doesn't matter how fast a human can run, a cheetah will always be faster. It doesnt matter what mind you have, an almighty power will drive you insane without losing your humanity.

      I get what you're saying and I agree with you. When you transcend humanity, you do become completely different but how different one becomes when gaining godly power is also up to the individual as everyone has a different mindset when it comes to this stuff.

      Then you don't get what I'm saying. Refer to my analogies above.

      And can you please give me an example of impossible questions that are far beyond human knowledge? I really didn't think there would be such thing as a power that puts people in a coma just by asking them impossible questions.

      ...Wut?...

      ..."Example"?...

      ...I'll let you think about what you just asked me.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think the human body differs that much from one person to the other, but the mind certainly can (our bodies all work the same way, but our mindsets can be vastly different).

      Would almighty power make us insane ? Not necessarily. After all, why would it ?

      The real risk at this point is mostly to lose sight of morality, which is the compass that gives meaning to our existence, whose loss also leads to the additional loss of authentic relations (an amoral person has no loved ones or significant relationships, only disposable utilities).

      If you anchor your new life in core moral values (respect, freedom, happiness) within reasonable limits and use your powers harmoniously, odds are almightiness will actually improve your sanity, since you will no longer have to suffer the injustice and misery of our amoral world, and instead can finally make it the kind of worth-living-in world it should have always been.

        Loading editor
    • DeathstroketheHedgehog wrote:
      I think the level of insanity one would gain from almighty powers would depend completely on the individual. Some people do not have the mind or the body to obtain godly power so they'd most likely go insane or pass out/die completely. Others have a very expansive mind and a very strong body so they could take in godly power no problem.

      Nope. You're still not getting it. It doesnt matter how durable a person is, if they get shot by a gun it's gonna pass through their skin. It doesn't matter how fast a human can run, a cheetah will always be faster. It doesnt matter what mind you have, an almighty power will drive you insane without losing your humanity.


      I get what you're saying and I agree with you. When you transcend humanity, you do become completely different but how different one becomes when gaining godly power is also up to the individual as everyone has a different mindset when it comes to this stuff.

      Then you don't get what I'm saying. Refer to my analogies above.

      The problem with improbable hypotheticals like a person gaining almighty powers is that it cannot be tested, and since there's no objective way to determine an outcome, the conclusion is completely arbitrary, so neither of you is right nor wrong about how a human mind would react to gaining almighty powers.
      That's why the conclusions of this kind of scenario is often left at "It's up to the author."


      And can you please give me an example of impossible questions that are far beyond human knowledge? I really didn't think there would be such thing as a power that puts people in a coma just by asking them impossible questions.

      ...Wut?...

      ..."Example"?...

      ...I'll let you think about what you just asked me.

      You're the one who claimed that there is a power to ask such questions, so the burden lies on your shoulders to provide it when asked.

        Loading editor
    • DYBAD wrote:
      I don't think the human body differs that much from one person to the other, but the mind certainly can (our bodies all work the same way, but our mindsets can be vastly different).

      Would almighty power make us insane ? Not necessarily. After all, why would it ?

      The real risk at this point is mostly to lose sight of morality, which is the compass that gives meaning to our existence, whose loss also leads to the additional loss of authentic relations (an amoral person has no loved ones or significant relationships, only disposable utilities).

      If you anchor your new life in core moral values (respect, freedom, happiness) within reasonable limits and use your powers harmoniously, odds are almightiness will actually improve your sanity, since you will no longer have to suffer the injustice and misery of our amoral world, and instead can finally make it the kind of worth-living-in world it should have always been.

      I don't care about morality. Never had and never will.

        Loading editor
    • @DYBAD
      It's not because other people's morality is governed by a set of ethics based on different values than yours that they are amoral.

        Loading editor
    • AlphaTheHD wrote:

      DeathstroketheHedgehog wrote:
      I think the level of insanity one would gain from almighty powers would depend completely on the individual. Some people do not have the mind or the body to obtain godly power so they'd most likely go insane or pass out/die completely. Others have a very expansive mind and a very strong body so they could take in godly power no problem.

      Nope. You're still not getting it. It doesnt matter how durable a person is, if they get shot by a gun it's gonna pass through their skin. It doesn't matter how fast a human can run, a cheetah will always be faster. It doesnt matter what mind you have, an almighty power will drive you insane without losing your humanity.


      I get what you're saying and I agree with you. When you transcend humanity, you do become completely different but how different one becomes when gaining godly power is also up to the individual as everyone has a different mindset when it comes to this stuff.

      Then you don't get what I'm saying. Refer to my analogies above.

      The problem with improbable hypotheticals like a person gaining almighty powers is that it cannot be tested, and since there's no objective way to determine an outcome, the conclusion is completely arbitrary, so neither of you is right nor wrong about how a human mind would react to gaining almighty powers.
        That's why the conclusions of this kind of scenario is often left at "It's up to the author."

      It's not about how a mind would 'react' to gaining suc powers, it's about how they would process it and use the power that will drive them to insanity. I've already explained this earlier with a simpler power such as immortality. If you go on and on with life as the people you love and care die out and you still can't, it's eventually going to bring you to some sort of insanity. And that's just immortality alone. Now you have access to nigh omnipotence and then you come to see how minute and irrelevant life is because you can easily create the perfect life just by blinking. It's practically like playing Sims here, except you can't stop playing unless you do something like: ". . . push it into my subconscious so I could only use it when necessary. Playing god gets boring fast." -LardWad420

      And can you please give me an example of impossible questions that are far beyond human knowledge? I really didn't think there would be such thing as a power that puts people in a coma just by asking them impossible questions.

      ...Wut?...

      ..."Example"?...

      ...I'll let you think about what you just asked me.

      You're the one who claimed that there is a power to ask such questions, so the burden lies on your shoulders to provide it when asked.

      Are you claiming that I can type a question down that will put you in a coma as you try to figure out the answer? Allow me to re-quote the most important part of what I have said.

      ...I'll let you think about what you just asked me.

        Loading editor
    • "Are you claiming that I can type a question down that will put you in a coma as you try to figure out the answer? Allow me to re-quote the most important part of what I have said."

      Lol. You're right. That would be physically impossible.

        Loading editor
    • @DeathstroketheHedgehog
      You're completely missing the point I was making that whatever you say has no more weight than what Friend6095 says because there's no way to determine who is closer to the truth.

      Read my reply carefully and you'll see I was not asking for an example of an impossible question, but for the power you mentioned. If you don't support your claim of a record of such power existing, then it ought to be dismissed.

        Loading editor
    • @ Alpha :

      "It's not because other people's morality is governed by a set of ethics based on different values than yours that they are amoral."

      Never said that.

      Though admitedly, a genuine morality that disregards "respect, freedom and happiness" seems somewhat contradictory. Sounds closer to a brainwashing tool to further inhuman agendas, there has certainly been a number of those in human history.

      "I don't care about morality. Never had and never will."

      There you have it ^ ^

      @ Void : Then I'm affraid your fall down the rabit hole of insanity would be all but inevitable, and most likely quick and hard too, since doing anything you want you without any concern removes the anchoring boundaries that sanity relies on.

      But seeing as you don't care about morality, you likely wouldn't care about sanity either XD

      And honestly, with this much power at your back even sanity itself becomes optional ^ ^;

        Loading editor
    • DYBAD wrote: @ Alpha :

      "It's not because other people's morality is governed by a set of ethics based on different values than yours that they are amoral."

      Never said that.

      No, but you've heavily implied it across many comment sections and threads by qualifying the whole of humanity as amoral, which gives me the impression that either you are confusing the terms "immoral" (in violation of one's morals) and "amoral" (not having morals) or you believe the values you base your morals upon to be the only valid ones and that all morals based on different values are as good as nonexistent. But I sincerely hope that this impression is nothing more than mere impression that I would like you to rectify or confirm here in order for me to avoid making untrue assumptions regarding this in the future.


      Though admitedly, a genuine morality that disregards "respect, freedom and happiness" seems somewhat contradictory.

      As I said in my first input on this issue, a morality that is not based on the same values as yours isn't any less genuine or valid.
      Technically, morality is objective, but it's the values we use as standards upon which we base it that are subjective. I for one value self preservation above (almost) all else, so I would consider it moral to throw a total stranger under a bus— A loved one, though? Not so much. Again, "(almost) all else"— if it means I get to live another day, something which I infer from our previous interactions you would consider immoral. This however does not mean that I completely lack morals (a.k.a. am amoral), it only means I am differently moral.


      [Sounds] closer to a brainwashing tool to further inhuman agendas, there has certainly been a number of those in human history.

      Is this an ad Nazium I see?


      "I don't care about morality. Never had and never will."

      There you have it ^ ^

      It requires a very superficial understanding of morality for anyone to believe such a thing, which is why I highly suspect that TheVoidWalker69 would claim otherwise if they had an actual understanding of the concept. Either that, or that their statement was referring to your morality, e.i. one that is based on values of respect, freedom and happiness.

        Loading editor
    • Now, that's some serious attention you've been paying there ^ ^

      I do believe that mankind is inherently amoral, just like any other species. Why ? Because at the end of the day, we are simply mammals with opposable thumbs and higher cognitive functions. They allowed us to achieve a lot of great things, and notably build various cultures aiming at tempering our primitive impulses, but these accomplishments didn't change our brain circuitry, and both our bloody history and modern politico-financial ruthlessness are large-scale testaments to this state of affair.

      That's my understanding of the situation, so that's what I say ^ ^

      Feel free to disagree and argue accordingly, it would be interesting to see how well one can defend the opposite stance. Seems a lot more challenging, but maybe it's just me.

      "Is this an ad Nazium I see?"

      Among similar ideologies, yes. Nazism, Maoism, Stalinism, etc. are all perfect examples of state-enforced "morality" that were ultimately "a brainwashing tool" that was notably used to "further inhuman agendas" (and maximizing instigators' status and wealth, of course).

      "Either that, or that their statement was referring to your morality, e.i. one that is based on values of respect, freedom and happiness."

      By all means, please do illustrate what "morality" looks like without those. I gave a few examples above myself, maybe you have different ones to propose ?

        Loading editor
    • AlphaTheHD wrote:
      @DeathstroketheHedgehog
       

      You're completely missing the point I was making that whatever you say has no more weight than what Friend6095 says because there's no way to determine who is closer to the truth.

      It's human psychology. This is something already well understood about human behavior when it comes to significance and insignificance. 

      AlphaTheHD wrote:
      @DeathstroketheHedgehog
       

      Read my reply carefully and you'll see I was not asking for an example of an impossible question, but for the power you mentioned. If you don't support your claim of a record of such power existing, then it ought to be dismissed.

      Read my reply carefully.

      DeathstroketheHedgehog wrote: Hell I can't find the power on this wiki, but there used to (or probably still is) a power. . .

      Now read Friend's reply carefully.

      Friend6095 wrote:

      And can you please give me an example of impossible questions that are far beyond human knowledge?

      He was asking for an EXAMPLE question of the power.

      What you're saying means that you jumped in the conversation and switched up the words so you can be right in this disagreement, when I have already stated that I can't remember the name of the power or if it's still on the wiki. Therefore, you're proving no point here.

        Loading editor
    • @DYBAD

      >Be me

      >Do not care about morals, alignments or the well being of others

      >Become insane

      >Lol nope I have almighty power, allow me to make myself incapable of becoming insane before it's too late.

      >Stay sane

        Loading editor
    • ROFL ! Nice one ^ ^

      Yeah, in the end there is no actual downside to almighty powers, since they can easily solve any problem that may arise. Writers mislead us with senseless drama, because without conflict there would be no story for them to sell.

      Though once you have become almighty and with no moral standards (if any) to rely on, it's hard to imagine what this artificial sanity would be like.

      Stability, perhaps ? Not changing your mind too quickly/much/often ? But then aren't you amputating your own free will ? Is self-conditioning the path to freedom, or the end of it ?

        Loading editor
    • "Is self-conditioning the path to freedom, or the end of it ?"

      Me: Who cares? *reality warping ensues* 

        Loading editor
    • How would reality warping solve the problem ?

        Loading editor
    • It just shows my lack of care.

        Loading editor
    • Azathoth style ?

        Loading editor
    • Well I certainly wouldn't have infinite ignorance, if anything an almighty mage would have infinite knowledge of the cosmos and the arcane.

        Loading editor
    • I was mostly talking about his limitless reality warping powers and complete insanity due to not having any anchoring reference, endlessly warping everything and caring about nothing. This part seems to be very similar to what you described : power without care.

      I don't think Azathoth is "infinitely ignorant" (no sure what it even means), he's only called "blind idiot" because he's completely insane and uncaring, because of limitless power unfettered by any value.

        Loading editor
    • DYBAD wrote:
      Now, that's some serious attention you've been paying there ^ ^

      I'm always paying attention so as to not miss important information, primarily to avoid making false assumptions about the person/people I'm interacting with, but also so that I may use additional information that some could dismiss as unimportant.


      I do believe that mankind is inherently amoral, just like any other species. Why ? Because at the end of the day, we are simply mammals with opposable thumbs and higher cognitive functions. They allowed us to achieve a lot of great things, and notably build various cultures aiming at tempering our primitive impulses, but these accomplishments didn't change our brain circuitry, and both our bloody history and modern politico-financial ruthlessness are large-scale testaments to this state of affair.

      This is a non-sequitur. There is a huge leap of logic between "we are just particularly smart animals who can work together, but also kill each other to attain power" and "therefore we are amoral." You will have to elaborate in order to bridge that gap. You first need to define what you mean by "amoral" — as I suspect you're using a different definition than the one that is commonly used — and then show how human behavior conforms to that definition.


      Feel free to disagree and argue accordingly, it would be interesting to see how well one can defend the opposite stance.

      It doesn't take much to defend a stance opposed to a factual inaccuracy like "human beings have no morals."


      Seems a lot more challenging, but maybe it's just me.

      I tend towards you being unwilling to try on shades of a different color than your favourite pair to understand how other people see the world and antagonizing those who wear differenty colored shades as a result.


      "Is this an ad Nazium I see?"

      Among similar ideologies, yes. Nazism, Maoism, Stalinism, etc. are all perfect examples of state-enforced "morality" that were ultimately "a brainwashing tool" that was notably used to "further inhuman agendas" (and maximizing instigators' status and wealth, of course).

      "ad Nazium" was not linked just to add color to my previous reply:
      "Reductio ad Hitlerum (pseudo-Latin for "reduction to Hitler"; sometimes argumentum ad Hitlerum, "argument to Hitler", ad Nazium, "to Nazism"), or playing the Nazi card, is an attempt to invalidate someone else's position on the basis that the same view was held by Adolf Hitler or the Nazi party, [...]
      Reductio ad Hitlerum is a form of association fallacy. The argument is that a policy leads to — or is the same as — one advocated or implemented by Adolf Hitler or the Third Reich and so "proves" that the original policy is undesirable."

      This seems to me like an attempt to invalidate morals based on standards other than respect, freedom and happiness by implying similarities to Nazism, Maoism and Stalinism, which is
      1) a false premise fallacy because you have yet to specify then demonstrate the similarities you've asserted;
      2) another false premise fallacy based on the undemonstrated premise that Nazism, Maoism and Stalinism, are invalid "moralities" and;
      3) also a false equivalence fallacy because Nazism, Maoism and Stalinism are ideologies, not moralities.


      "Either that, or that their statement was referring to your morality, e.i. one that is based on values of respect, freedom and happiness."

      By all means, please do illustrate what "morality" looks like without those.

      The quotation marks are unnecessary as morality is still morality, regardless of what standards it is based on.
      But the possibilities are so diverse that the examples I'd provide could vary greatly, so if you were to provide a set of moral standards (excluding respect, freedom and/or happiness) to base an hypothetical individual/society's morality upon, I'll try to describe what their/its behavior could look like to the best of my abilities.

        Loading editor
    • DYBAD wrote:
      I was mostly talking about his limitless reality warping powers and complete insanity due to not having any anchoring reference, endlessly warping everything and caring about nothing. This part seems to be very similar to what you described : power without care.

      I don't think Azathoth is "infinitely ignorant" (not sure what it even means), he's only called "blind idiot" because he's completely insane and uncaring, because of limitless power unfettered by any value.

      So Azathoth's pretty much an almighty sociopath with no sense of emotion or emphatic thought. 

        Loading editor
    • That's exactly what it is. But I guess when you're powerful enough, you can afford anything ^ ^

        Loading editor
    • Unless it's your sanity apparently. 

        Loading editor
    • BraveHeart70 wrote:
      Unless it's your sanity apparently. 

      Lol!

      But then again, aren't most of the Lovecraftian/Cthulhu Mythos gods almighty sociopaths with no sense of emotion or emphatic thought?...at least from what I've researched on them. 

      There's something so fascinating about the Lovecraftian gods. They're so cool to learn about. I guess it's because I like dark themes.

        Loading editor
    • They're the epitome of mankind's greatest fear: that no one gives a fuck about us. 

        Loading editor
    • I mean, azathoth style would be pretty much like me. I would use my powers without care towards others or the universe in general.

        Loading editor
    • TheVoidWalker69 wrote: I mean, azathoth style would be pretty much like me. I would use my powers without care towards others or the universe in general.

      So how exactly would you use them, for bad or good? Are you sure you wouldn’t have a single ounce of care when using your powers? I’m not judging you but I’m curious.

        Loading editor
    • I don't care about using them for good or bad. I use them to further my own interests and better my own life.

        Loading editor
    • TheVoidWalker69 wrote: I don't care about using them for good or bad. I use them to further my own interests and better my own life.

      So basically not good or bad, just indifferent and neutral and for self-improvement.

        Loading editor
    • TheVoidWalker69 wrote:
      I mean, azathoth style would be pretty much like me. I would use my powers without care towards others or the universe in general.

      Called it ^ ^

        Loading editor
    • @  Alpha : Animals are naturally amoral, and for all our intelligence we remain animals at our core, so we are naturally amoral too. We can add a layer of cultural morality to our identity (most of us do to some extend), but we mostly hold on to it because it ultimately benefits us. When our morals and our interests prove incompatible, the later prevails much more often than the reverse, proving that our morality remains a cultural layer over an amoral nature.

      But of course that's just my own opinion. And no, I don't actually "need" to do anything ^ ^;

      I said I can't quite imagine what a genuine "morality" which is devoid of "respect, freedom and happiness" would look like. For the same reason, I can't quite figure out where the "morality" may possibly lie in ideologies like nazism, maoism, stalinism and the likes.

      I lack answers on these regards. If you do have some, by all means please enlighten me.

        Loading editor
    • Conquer the multiverse and set an absolute rule until rebals come with there "chosen one" then I would test them with minons and see if they're any good, if they are beat them down until they finally overcome and "beat" me and my evil empire. I do love a good shonen story where the hero beats the nigh unbeatable villian. If they never come, destroy and restart the multiverse 

        Loading editor
    • Become op villain and play with righteous heros. Making them despair. Put curses on them especially heroes with harem and lot of things. Well they might satisfy with my sadism. If not well going to sleep and wait for a toy that will give me pleasure.

        Loading editor
    • PsychoWarper wrote:
      Conquer the multiverse and set an absolute rule until rebals come with there "chosen one" then I would test them with minons and see if they're any good, if they are beat them down until they finally overcome and "beat" me and my evil empire. I do love a good shonen story where the hero beats the nigh unbeatable villian. If they never come, destroy and restart the multiverse 

      I don't want to judge you but that's just cruel.

        Loading editor
    • Friend6095 wrote:
      PsychoWarper wrote:
      Conquer the multiverse and set an absolute rule until rebals come with there "chosen one" then I would test them with minons and see if they're any good, if they are beat them down until they finally overcome and "beat" me and my evil empire. I do love a good shonen story where the hero beats the nigh unbeatable villian. If they never come, destroy and restart the multiverse 
      I don't want to judge you but that's just cruel.

      Yeah I thought it over some and decided if no hero came id just make one instead of destroying everything seems a bit unnecessary now that I think of it 

      plus after I "died" Id just go explore the multiverse 

        Loading editor
    • PsychoWarper wrote:
      Friend6095 wrote:
      PsychoWarper wrote:
      Conquer the multiverse and set an absolute rule until rebals come with there "chosen one" then I would test them with minons and see if they're any good, if they are beat them down until they finally overcome and "beat" me and my evil empire. I do love a good shonen story where the hero beats the nigh unbeatable villian. If they never come, destroy and restart the multiverse 
      I don't want to judge you but that's just cruel.
      Yeah I thought it over some and decided if no hero came id just make one instead of destroying everything seems a bit unnecessary now that I think of it 

      plus after I "died" Id just go explore the multiverse 

      take over the multiverse and kill anyone who is a threat to my rule after the conquest

        Loading editor
    • I would begin by finding out the true cosmetology of the universe I inhabit. Is there an Afterlife? Does it suit my moral and metaphysical standards? Are there parallel universes? Other dimensions? Aliens? Gods? Spirits? Other magicians? Magical creatures? How many?

      I'd make sure that the answer to the first two questions was "Yes" and then probably build myself a pocket dimension and hand out there for eternity. Toy around with magic a bit. Maybe alter the cosmetology as I see fit from time to time, do favor to the occasional mortal for one reason or another. Try to subtly steer the coarse of civilization in a direction I approve of(maybe do so unsubtly from time to time). Typical god stuff.

      I'd probably spend most of my time doing what I've always done: enjoying stories. Telling them and observing them, only instead of reading books and surfing the web I'd be observing the whole of time and space...and reading books and surfing the web(maybe I can award special gifts to anyone who beats me in an internet argument or something).

      Perhaps I'd build a universe at some point. A multiverse? Anything would be within my grasp. Everything would be within my grasp.

        Loading editor
    • I'd just delete this thread.

        Loading editor
    • ZAVAZggg wrote: I'd just delete this thread.

      How... unimaginative.

        Loading editor
    • ZAVAZggg wrote:
      I'd just delete this thread.

      I think you should leave this thread open though.

        Loading editor
    • I want to snap half the universe out of existence.

        Loading editor
    • Make anime trap illegal.

        Loading editor
    • I would move the Beginning of Time. As the beginning also marks the beginning of creation. Before creation most agree on nothingness, so the beginning gives meaning to Being the opposition to Nothingness. And what exists between Nothingness and Being to measure them? It’s thresholds.

      Thresholds allow for reality to even be. It’s the metaphysical barriers that measure the universe and all phenomenon within, between, and outside of it. So if I had Almighty Magic, I would make the Beginning of Time happen differently. Thus creating a world where I choose the thresholds.

        Loading editor
    • I would create a pocket universe, consisting of a hut in the middle of the forest, surrounded by mountains. I would retire there with my cat and my girlfriend, and leave the rest of the universe to its own devices.

        Loading editor
    • I would create a Pocket Multiverse for myself, my family, friends and acquaintances to use. 

        Loading editor
    • ECGames2002 wrote:
      I want to snap half the universe out of existence.

      "That's cute." Snaps fingers and erases half of the Totality.

        Loading editor
    • ZAVAZggg wrote:
      ECGames2002 wrote:
      I want to snap half the universe out of existence.
      "That's cute." Snaps fingers and erases half of the Totality.

      Wait, if we both destroyed half, that means we entirely destroyed our reality. Our universe was not ready for our badassery.

        Loading editor
    • No it was not. 😎

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message