FANDOM


  • Which of these two abilities are stronger?

    You can discuss, compare, or argue these abilities in the comments

    What do you think? Also, you can vote below.

    Which of these 2 abilities you want to have?
     
    75
     
    56
     

    The poll was created at 11:05 on February 2, 2017, and so far 131 people voted.
      Loading editor
    • Psionics are better because they don't depend of external energy contrary magic users and they can be limited to very specific domain even if psionics can be limited to a domain too, I think they can grow/access to a lot of skills(example: empathy/telepathy or telekinesis are all common/umbrella powers). For a magic user, using Telepathy or Telekinesis is possible but take more times and actions to achieve the same effects as Pisonics. I see this like that: Psionics: 1 action=>Telepathy or Telekinesis//Magic: 2/3 actions(it depends of the type of magic and how it works in a specific universe, for example: it can be different from US comics and Japan mangas) for the same result as example here: use of a spell which manipulate magic force to give you access to TP so 3 actions!

        Loading editor
    • Fridric wrote:
      Psionics are better because they don't depend of external energy contrary magic users and they can be limited to very specific domain even if psionics can be limited to a domain too, I think they can grow/access to a lot of skills(example: empathy/telepathy or telekinesis are all common/umbrella powers). For a magic user, using Telepathy or Telekinesis is possible but take more times and actions to achieve the same effects as Pisonics. I see this like that: Psionics: 1 action=>Telepathy or Telekinesis//Magic: 2/3 actions(it depends of the type of magic and how it works in a specific universe, for example: it can be different from US comics and Japan mangas) for the same result as example here: use of a spell which manipulate magic force to give you access to TP so 3 actions!

      I don't understand what umbrella powers means

        Loading editor
    • You can access a lot of other powers: TK can give you molecular mapipulation, elemental manipulation, etc.

        Loading editor
    • I would argue that in terms of raw power psionics is greater because the source is your own energy, but I would say the magic has a greater versatility than psionics so in a sense that versatility would allow the user to do more than with it than psionics. 

        Loading editor
    • Nightwingsorcerer wrote:
      I would argue that in terms of raw power psionics is greater because the source is your own energy, but I would say the magic has a greater versatility than psionics so in a sense that versatility would allow the user to do more than with it than psionics. 

      Actually, a lot of psionic abilities are extremely versatile. Telekinesis, through some clever and slightly Squicky application to your own body, allows Teleportation, as well as a Healing Factor of sorts. An application of Command Inducement is Death Inducement, via something like "shut off all nervous system activity." Tactile Telekinesis could, depending on how it works, which can vary wildly, do things like redirect bullets or grant Super Strength.

        Loading editor
    • True, but a large part of Psionics is about evolution and biology, while magic is more forgiving. An average or low tier magic user could simulate most if not all of those same effects you mentioned relatively easier than your average person with psychic power.

        Loading editor
    • Magic allows for effects like reality warping, or imbuing items with power.

      And there are multiple forms of magic, just for a second imagine the type of magic from the skulduggery pleasant books, that's an extradimensional type of magic and it can be very strong if you take into account science when using magic.

        Loading editor
    • Psionics draws its power from the mind, while Magic draws its power from the supernatural. Other than that, I can't see any difference. Seriously, I challenge you all: name a single power that either Psionics or Magic can do that the other can't, besides the manipulation of their respective energies.

        Loading editor
    • ShadowMonarch212 wrote:
      Psionics draws its power from the mind, while Magic draws its power from the supernatural. Other than that, I can't see any difference. Seriously, I challenge you all: name a single power that either Psionics or Magic can do that the other can't, besides the manipulation of their respective energies.

      Psionics cannot do things like time manipulation or enchantment.

        Loading editor
    • Fantasy Connect wrote:
      ShadowMonarch212 wrote:
      Psionics draws its power from the mind, while Magic draws its power from the supernatural. Other than that, I can't see any difference. Seriously, I challenge you all: name a single power that either Psionics or Magic can do that the other can't, besides the manipulation of their respective energies.
      Psionics cannot do things like time manipulation or enchantment.

      Who says psionics can't manipulate time? The whole point of psionics is that a mind of sufficient strength can do anything. I see no reason why space-time manipulation, or even reality warping, should be outside the scope of psionics.

      Enchantment is just the manipulation of magical energy to create a certain effect - for example, Alice uses magic to turn Bob into a frog. Alice could achieve the same effect through psionics: such as by assembling a frog body from the atoms up, transferring Bob's mind into the frog, and trapping Bob's body in the astral plane for the duration of his "transformation".

        Loading editor
    • By enchantment I mean giving objects access to full conceptual abilities, such as god-slaying.

      Psionics are limited in that they affect only two planes of existence, the matter universe and the astral plane.

      They can achieve things similar to temporal abilities, but they cannot outright manipulate time, for example, someone could make an area of null movement, nothing inside can move at all (apart from with the rotation of earth) and nothing can leave it, nor enter it.

      It is similar but not, if you understand what I mean

        Loading editor
    • Fantasy Connect wrote:
      By enchantment I mean giving objects access to full conceptual abilities, such as god-slaying.

      Psionics are limited in that they affect only two planes of existence, the matter universe and the astral plane.

      They can achieve things similar to temporal abilities, but they cannot outright manipulate time, for example, someone could make an area of null movement, nothing inside can move at all (apart from with the rotation of earth) and nothing can leave it, nor enter it.

      It is similar but not, if you understand what I mean

      You are incorrect. Space-time is part of the physical world, so telekinesis can manipulate it. The only limiting factor is power. See Omnikinesis, the most advanced form of telekinesis, which includes all manipulation abilities. It also allows manipulation of both magical and psychic energy; this means the distinction between magic and psionics breaks down at the higher levels of power, as does the distinction between mind, matter, and spirit. Since all abilities are one at the point of omnipotence, we should expect to see a gradual breaking effect as we go down the power scale.

        Loading editor
    • I looked under applications and it makes no mention of magic manipulation...

        Loading editor
    • Fantasy Connect wrote:
      I looked under applications and it makes no mention of magic manipulation...

      It says "All Kinetic Abilities" and "All Manipulation Powers". That includes magic.

        Loading editor
    • Fridric wrote:
      Psionics are better because they don't depend of external energy contrary magic users and they can be limited to very specific domain even if psionics can be limited to a domain too, I think they can grow/access to a lot of skills(example: empathy/telepathy or telekinesis are all common/umbrella powers). For a magic user, using Telepathy or Telekinesis is possible but take more times and actions to achieve the same effects as Pisonics. I see this like that: Psionics: 1 action=>Telepathy or Telekinesis//Magic: 2/3 actions(it depends of the type of magic and how it works in a specific universe, for example: it can be different from US comics and Japan mangas) for the same result as example here: use of a spell which manipulate magic force to give you access to TP so 3 actions!

      incorrect. magic can also be derived from internal energy depending on the universe. In some universes magical power is something innate in all sapient beings. Magic and Psionics are just about exactly equal, though psionics takes a much more pseudoscientific approach to the matters than magic does.

        Loading editor
    • Psionic seems more convenient, and magic more powerful/polyvalent.

      They are at their best when combined, it's called Reality Warping ^ ^

        Loading editor
    • DYBAD wrote:
      Psionic seems more convenient, and magic more powerful/polyvalent.

      They are at their best when combined, it's called Reality Warping ^ ^

      Or Psionic Magic

        Loading editor
    • To me, they are completely equal. They just achieve the same feats in very different ways, and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. One isn't really stronger than the other. 😆

        Loading editor
    • True, Psionic Magic is thir combination, while Reality Warping is their complete fusion.

      To me, magic always seemed more polyvalent as it can do virtually anything ('cause it's magic ^ ^), and psionics more convenient since it is entirely thought-based. Though I guess if we go sufficiently spiritual about it, psionics can ultimately do the same as magic, and sufficiently advanced masters can use magic without formal restrictions (thoughts alone).

        Loading editor
    • DYBAD wrote:
      True, Psionic Magic is thir combination, while Reality Warping is their complete fusion.

      Magic Transcendence + Reality Magic > Reality Warping by itself

        Loading editor
    • I suspect that the main difference between the two is that while magic system can differ greatly from one work to another (e.g., relying on the ambient mana in the surroundings vs. relying on one's own supply of mana, activation via long chants and calculations vs. activation via hand gestures, etc.), the psionic powers tend to follow a single framework.

      If we go up the power-ladder, we eventually reach a variation of omnipotence with both paths, so that's that. However, if we compare a more common examples, then magic usually has greater versatility than its psionic counterpart, while the psionic power is more readily available to its user than its magical counterpart. For instance, a user of teleportation usually starts accidentally (at first, and then they learn to control it) teleporting as soon as they awaken their power and / or as soon as they start encountering unpleasant situations, however a user of teleportation magic is rarely able to do anything without first going through some studies and / or spell devising; however, once the user of teleportation magic gets to it, there is (or can be) a spell for virtually any teleportation effect or variation one can imagine.

        Loading editor
    • magic, eventually, have much more capabilities.

      eventually, everything psionics can do, magic can do as well.

      if you also consider the fact that the highest level of psionics is absolute psionics manipulation, and for magic it's almighty magic, the diference is the gap between nigh-omnipotence and omnipotence.

      the point is that while magic might take more time to learn, and might be more complicated, and with enough inttelegence, expirience and creativity, you can achive nearly godhood with psionics, magic still have far more options, and magic can come both from you and form you'r surroundings, so you are not limited in temr of energy.

        Loading editor
    • its pretty simple really magic loses to psionic for most of the time until magic gets to master or absolute levels in which magic wins just think of it like this magic is the tortoise and psionic are the hare. psioncs wins for most of the time and surpasses magic in every way but at some point near the end magic leaves psionic behind and wins

        Loading editor
    • not really.

      usually, the basic levels of magic comes with telepathy and telekinesis, usually on par with psionics user's.

      the absolute levels of each of them of course have magic in favor, but usually, magic stand with par and surpass psionics.

      At the basic level of each of them, magic hold basic psionics, and other abilities. maybe there ar esome levels in which psionics>magic, but they are rare.

        Loading editor
    • Count Vlad III dracula wrote:
      magic, eventually, have much more capabilities.

      eventually, everything psionics can do, magic can do as well.

      if you also consider the fact that the highest level of psionics is absolute psionics manipulation, and for magic it's almighty magic, the diference is the gap between nigh-omnipotence and omnipotence.

      the point is that while magic might take more time to learn, and might be more complicated, and with enough inttelegence, expirience and creativity, you can achive nearly godhood with psionics, magic still have far more options, and magic can come both from you and form you'r surroundings, so you are not limited in temr of energy.

      You must not have heard of Psychopotence, its even stronger then Absolute Psionic Manipulation. A user of Psychopotence would literally wield unlimited power with their mind alone, putting them at the level of Mystopotence (or as its actually called "Almighty Magic") basically having different types of power (mind vs magic) but having the same amount as each other (unlimited).

        Loading editor
    • Why don't you just compare them at their basic and Absoute level?

                                      Psionics Vs Magic

                                                   &

                       Absolute Psionic Power vs Almighty Magic

      The answer is Obvious now, I think.

      "That's not possible"
      "Sure it is chéri, it's magic"

      Nobody says that about Psionic no matter what level its at.

        Loading editor
    • Not all magic is reliant upon external sources some users possess inherent internal magic and even if this wasn’t the case psionics have a crutch like this as well. In series I have seen that focus on Psionic powers their ability can reside fully in their genes. As such they can be cured usually by people that see their abilities as abnormal.

      So just like people have loved to point out how magic users may be affected by access to external sources of magic, Psionic users may be affected by removing/suppression of genes that make them psionics.

      So with that being said I still say pretty much what a lot of people have already said. Magic is definitely more versatile. If we compare both at low levels magic clearly outclasses Psionics in versatility. However as a Psionic user gets stronger they will be able to do more then your common ESP abilities. I will say I definitely prefer magic so I may be a bit biased but still my thinking has always been that even base level magic abilities allow easy access to Psionic abilities and you can not say that statement in reverse and have it hold up.

      Sure at higher levels psionics start to look more impressive but then you look at higher levels of magic and you get this. It still seems pretty clear which one is superior.

        Loading editor
    • The Holder Of True Omnipotence wrote:
      Count Vlad III dracula wrote:
      magic, eventually, have much more capabilities.

      eventually, everything psionics can do, magic can do as well.

      if you also consider the fact that the highest level of psionics is absolute psionics manipulation, and for magic it's almighty magic, the diference is the gap between nigh-omnipotence and omnipotence.

      the point is that while magic might take more time to learn, and might be more complicated, and with enough inttelegence, expirience and creativity, you can achive nearly godhood with psionics, magic still have far more options, and magic can come both from you and form you'r surroundings, so you are not limited in temr of energy.

      You must not have heard of Psychopotence, its even stronger then Absolute Psionic Manipulation. A user of Psychopotence would literally wield unlimited power with their mind alone, putting them at the level of Mystopotence (or as its actually called "Almighty Magic") basically having different types of power (mind vs magic) but having the same amount as each other (unlimited).

      not really.

      Psychopotence is a variation of nigh-omnipotence, while almighty magic (mystopotence) is the magical variation of omnipotence.

      if to put it that way, let's say it that way:

      basic = Magic/Psionic Manipulation

      Advanced = Magic Transcendence/Omnikinesis

      High = Omni-Magic/Absolute Psionic Power

      Absolute = Mystopotence/Psychopotence

      basic goes for magic because it already contain inside of it psionics.

      Advanced would be dificult, but I would go with omnikinesis on that round.

      High would be as well difficult, but omni-magic beats it in this one.

      Almighty magic is omnipotence, which means it's infinetly bigger and stronger then psychopotence, which is marely nigh omnipotence.

      Easy.

        Loading editor
    • I;m thinking psyonics on the level were it's more logic manipulative than magic.

        Loading editor
    • I think the best way to answer this is Psionic Embodiment Vs Magic Embodiment


      Which at a glance it would appear that Magic Embodiment would indeed roflstomp.

        Loading editor
    • Joseph Tolbert wrote:
      I;m thinking psyonics on the level were it's more logic manipulative than magic.

      almighty magic, or mystopotence, contain in it metapotence, which is the absolute and infinite form of logic manipulation.

      on the other hand, even absolute psionics and psychopotence does not have logic manipulation in them.

        Loading editor
    • Count Vlad III dracula wrote:
      Joseph Tolbert wrote:
      I;m thinking psyonics on the level were it's more logic manipulative than magic.
      almighty magic, or mystopotence, contain in it metapotence, which is the absolute and infinite form of logic manipulation.

      on the other hand, even absolute psionics and psychopotence does not have logic manipulation in them.

      Interestingly though, would this itself not be true?


      Mystopotence < Mystic Derivation < Magic Embodiment < Meta-Magic < Science-Magic Ascendency

        Loading editor
    • TheVoidWalker69 wrote:
      Count Vlad III dracula wrote:
      Joseph Tolbert wrote:
      I;m thinking psyonics on the level were it's more logic manipulative than magic.
      almighty magic, or mystopotence, contain in it metapotence, which is the absolute and infinite form of logic manipulation.

      on the other hand, even absolute psionics and psychopotence does not have logic manipulation in them.

      Interestingly though, would this itself not be true?


      Mystopotence < Mystic Derivation < Magic Embodiment < Meta-Magic < Science-Magic Ascendency

      not really, for varius of reasons:

      1. science magic-ascendency does not consider, as it is to manipulate what lays beyond both magic and science, so it's like saying that a combination between almighty magic and almighty science would be stronger then almighty magic. it's correct, that in level, it's higher (theoreticly), but it have nothing to do with the subject.

      2. meta-magic is another name for magic transcendence, which is below omni-magic and divine magic, let along omnipotence (almighty magic). it's the ability to manipulate magical forces and the laws of magic, but it's not a level of magic such as omni-magic, or divine magic, or almighty magic.

      3. almighty magic is the highest form of magic. there is no doubt about it. on the other hand, Mystic derivation is less a form of magic, and more the state of being which in it you are the conductor of all magic in your verse, and driving the essence of magic. as such, a person which is the user of this power posses abilities which would supposdly include in it almighty magic. but from any other prespective, almighty magic is still stronger. sure, a user of this ability would be able, in theory, to have acces to an almighty level of magic, but it's not the magic on his own. am I being clear, or am I messy with my writing? I am not sure.

      4. Magic embodiment is the same as mystic derivation, just on a deeper scale. A user of magic embodiment is not just the force that drives magic into action, it is magic itself. as such, it is planly obviuse that a user of this power, as MAGIC itself, would have access to all of the variations of himself.


      When you look at the diferent forms of magic, almighty magic reins supreme.

      but when you look at abilities which embody or drive this force called magic, it is abviuse they would technically be higher then him in rank, and would have access to it.

        Loading editor
    • I think both have their strengths and weaknesses. As far as Im concerned its a choice of quality (Psionics) over quantity (Magic). Lets look at both sides when narrowed down to their bare bones.

      With Magic, you can basically give yourself whatever power you want with enough studying and practice. The thing is, whatever effect you get with each spell is more or less limited to that effect. Example: if you only know a spell that let you summon a force field, would you be able to use the same way as Invisible Woman.

      Psionics on the other hand do have powers that can be used with imagination and capacity to evolve. This allows them get to a point where they could become forces of nature, without having to make deals. Only issue is that THEY traditionally have only one Power, with a weakness that a mage with an arsenal of spells good enough

        Loading editor
    • Scenario:

      A witch seals your magic and renders it unusable.

      You a psychic by biology can still force choke the bitch to death...

        Loading editor
    • Zxankou14 wrote:
      I think both have their strengths and weaknesses. As far as Im concerned its a choice of quality (Psionics) over quantity (Magic). Lets look at both sides when narrowed down to their bare bones.

      With Magic, you can basically give yourself whatever power you want with enough studying and practice. The thing is, whatever effect you get with each spell is more or less limited to that effect. Example: if you only know a spell that let you summon a force field, would you be able to use the same way as Invisible Woman.

      Psionics on the other hand do have powers that can be used with imagination and capacity to evolve. This allows them get to a point where they could become forces of nature, without having to make deals. Only issue is that THEY traditionally have only one Power, with a weakness that a mage with an arsenal of spells good enough

      I feel emotions and willpower also play a large part into magic.

        Loading editor
    • it's not exactly a situation of quality vs quantity, as magic is quality as well.

      The thing is, this si the quesiton:

      what is strong, psionics, or the power that have inside of it both psionics and other powers?

      what is stronger, the ability to manipulate matter with the mind, or to be able to rewrite the laws of magic and cosmos?

      what is stronger, the ability to warp reality with your thoughts, or the ability to use every magic in existance, to the point where you are practically nigh omnipotent?

      what is stronger, the ability to become nigh-omnipotent via your willpower and mind alone, or to become an omnipotent being via magic?

      no matter when, the levels of each cathegory is always going towards magic.

        Loading editor
    • The Holder Of True Omnipotence
      The Holder Of True Omnipotence removed this reply because:
      forgot to read the whole thing lol
      16:30, January 8, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • what?

        Loading editor
    • If I could warp reality with my thoughts I'd warp it so I was omnipotent.

      So I both have psionics AND other powers! Hah!

        Loading editor
      • face palm*

      it seems you clearly have zero understanding of concepts such as omnipotence, nigh omnipotence, and others.

      reality warping can move from basic things such as walking vartically on walls, to breaking down the laws of reason and logic and preforming the immposible.

      absolute psionics is a power that gives you even the ability to not just move objects and manipulate mater, but also to manipulate time and space, and some of the laws of physics.

      psychopotence gives you nigh-omnipotence, simply with yoiur thoughts.

      with that, you can practically take entire universes and multiverses down on a whim, create and eraze universes and time lines, and preforming the immposible.

      but this is where it ends of the psionics.

      on the other hand, the basic level of magic posses psionics.

      while psionics on it's second level can manipulate even matter, the second level of magic can rewrite all laws of magic and even logic itself, preforming the immposible.

      while in the third level of psionics, the user can actually manipulate time and space, and force his will upon other things (on a scale which would usually be planetary-), the third level of magic allowas you to posses ALL forms of magic, and by that posses essentially nearly every power in existance (as to nearly all powers there is a magical counterpart), and to manipulate the laws of reason, logic and causality, making you practically invincible.

      the final level of psionics barely scratch the powers of the third level of magic, while the final level of magic is full blown omnipotence.

        Loading editor
    • guess what?

      i'm on neither side.

        Loading editor
    • i'm not "jealous of magic's infinite power" or anything like that, I feel that both are unparalleled  in comparison to the powers I wanna have.

      feel free to denounce me from the equation! i'm not psionic, i'm not magical, I'm smply what I wanna be, okay.

        Loading editor
    • what I tried to put is the fact that from your previuse comment, it seemed like you seriusly have no clue about those powers, and the meaning of reality warping, nigh-omnipotence, and omnipotence.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, yeah... even though the "power levels" of Psionics and Magic are not OBJECTIVE, they're SUBJECTIVE, so anybody could view it differently.Also its' too boring to understand the difference

        Loading editor
    • how exactly are they subjective?

      you can't argue that the lower and most basic level of each of them is magic and psionics, that's kind of the basic here, and that the highest levels are mystopotence (almighty magic) and psychopotence.

      you can't argue with the defenition of reality warping, nigh omnipotence, and omnipotence.

        Loading editor
    • hmmm... well, it all bows down to one thing:

      magic may better, but what if anti-magic comes along and strips that user of their magic?

      also does psionics have anti-psionics?

        Loading editor
    • ehh... I could care less for either side.

        Loading editor
    • by  that I meant I really do not wanna have either of them!

        Loading editor
    • Also, Almighty Magic cannot be efffected by Magic Destruction and Anti-Magic.

        Loading editor
    • is there almighty psionics?

        Loading editor
    • why wouldn't you like either of them, considering the power they can give, and why the hell did you even got into this argument in that case?

        Loading editor
    • as I said earlier, the highest form of psionics is Psychopotence, which is only Nigh-Omnipotence.

        Loading editor
    • at first I joined this argument [was on psionics side], then you had some points, then a kind of conflict inside me happened whereI did not know which side to join [psionics because of nostalgia or magic because of omnipotence?] then it blew out of proortion and I decided to quit!

        Loading editor
    • ok, so quite.

        Loading editor
    • quite what?

        Loading editor
    • you said you want to quite the argument.

      so, quite the argument.

      easy as that.

        Loading editor
    • quitting

        Loading editor
    • ok

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message