- Telomere Extension/Lengthening/Regrowth/Rejuvenation
The user can regenerate the length of their telomeres. Telomeres are a region of repetitive nucleotide sequences at each end of a chromatid, protecting the DNA fragments; they grow shorter as cell division occurs, an indication of the person getting older. By regenerating the lengths of telomeres, one can extend their own lifespan indefinitely.
- User cannot increase the rate of regeneration of cells, so any injuries will not heal any faster than normal.
- Cannot heal severe loss of cell tissues (i.e. loss of limb) or necrosis.
- May also preserve damaged/cancerous cells.
- User is still vulnerable to other causes of aging (e.g. oxidative damage of the mitochondria), as well as Age Manipulation.
- Biological Manipulation can negate this power.
- Tomiko Asahina (From the New World)
Live Action TV
- Adam Monroe (Heroes)
- Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)
- Anais Gaia (RoboCop: Alpha Commando); via genetic level cellular control
- Lazarus Pits (DC Comics)