The ability to possess physiological mechanisms that enables psionic powers.
User possesses a physiological mechanism (biological or otherwise) that gives them the potential to gain supernatural or psionic powers without actually bestowing such powers onto them. Instead, this mechanism enables them the ability to develop said powers, which can be achieved using a number of ways, such as genetically, surgically or conditionally usually through some form of education and development program.
Most power users who gained or has their powers naturally or meta-physically will have a teletechnic whereas magic or divine gifted powers may not require one. However, not all power users of the former type may have one, and thereby gaining a teletechnic could be used to magnify or augment their powers and/or enable them new avenues of potential powers in a variety of ways.
- Absolute Psionic Power
- Maximum Brain Capacity
- Programmable Powers
- Psionic Manipulation
- Self-Power Augmentation
- As a physiological-based power, anything that hinders or impedes ones biology may affect ones powers and/or potential for powers.
- Loss of the mechanism or part of the brain that houses/is responsible for ones powers may remove these powers too or may enable transferal.
- Tumors may or may not affect ones powers either positively or negatively
- Radiation may or may not remove ones powers.
- The mechanism may be considered a foreign body/anomaly and so the users own body may try to get rid of it or may be removed via restoration.
- Magical or Divine gifted powers bypasses Teletechnic mechanisms entirely and may not benefit or suffer from it.
- ADAM users (BioShock)
- Planetary Gears (Captain Earth); via Singularties
- Espers (A Certain Scientific Railgun); via AIM Diffusion Field
- The Strangers (Dark City)
- Psiots/Harbingers (Valiant Entertainment)
- Manchester Black (DC); due to an anomaly in his brain
- Fake Minimum Holders (Hamatora)
- Biotics (Mass Effect Series); via element zero nodes
- Artificial Persona Users (Persona 3)
- Fred Jones (Supernatural)
- Astropaths (Warhammer 40,000)
- Psykers (Warhammer 40,000)
- Medusa (King of Thorn)