Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The ability to possess physiological mechanisms that enables psionic powers.
User possesses a physiological mechanism (biological or otherwise) that enables them to perform supernatural or psionic powers but does not bestow such power onto the user itself but enables them to develop one. This can be achieved in a number of ways, genetically, surgically or conditionally usually through some form of education and development program.
Most power users who gained or has their power naturally or meta-physically will have a teletechnic whereas magic or divine gifted powers may not require one. However, not all power users of the former type may have one, and thereby gaining a teletechnic could be used to magnify or augment their powers and/or enable them new avenues of potential powers in a variety of ways.
- Since its a physiological based power, anything that hinders or impedes ones biology may very well affect ones powers too.
- Loss of the mechanism or part of the brain that houses/is responsible for ones powers will remove these powers too or may enable transferal.
- Tumors may or may not affect ones powers either positively or negatively
- Radiation may or may not remove ones powers.
- The Mechanism may be considered a foreign body/anomaly and so the users own body may try to get rid of it or may be removed via restoration.
- Magical or Divine gifted powers bypasses Teletechnic mechanisms entirely and may not benefit or suffer from it.
- ADAM users (BioShock)
- Espers (A Certain Scientific Railgun); via AIM Diffusion Field
- The Strangers (Dark City)
- Manchester Black (DC); due to an anomaly in his brain
- Fake Minimum Holders (Hamatora)
- Biotics (Mass Effect Series); via element zero nodes
- Artificial Persona Users (Persona 3)
- Fred Jones (Supernatural)
- Astropaths (Warhammer 40,000)
- Psykers (Warhammer 40,000)
- Medusa (King of Thorn)