- For a gallery of Telepathy users, see here.
Professor X (Marvel) is possibly one of the strongest telepaths to have ever lived.
Mentally receive and/or transmit information.
Power to mentally receive and/or transmit information. Users of this power are often called Telepaths or Mind Readers.
User can read/sense another person's thoughts and/or communicate with them mentally. Telepathy falls into two categories: Telepathic Communication, which is the ability to transmit information from mind to another, and Telepathic Perception, which is the ability to receive information from another mind.
Similar to "Telekinesis", "Telepathy" is an umbrella term for any ability that involves projecting, reading and manipulating thoughts.
- Illusion Manipulation: The ability to manipulate what others perceive, such as making them see things that aren't actually present, or not see things that are.
- Psychic Shadow: The ability to mask psychic presence, hiding from other psychics.
- Psychic Shield: The ability to erect a psychic shield to protect the minds of oneself and/or others.
- Binding: The ability to restrict the movements of others via the mind.
- Darkside View: The ability to communicate with and bring out the dark side of a person's personality.
- Download: The ability to quickly process, store, or download information through another's mind.
- Emotion Manipulation: The ability to make one feel pleased, happy, pained, or any other emotion.
- Lightside View: The ability to communicate with and bring out the good side of a person's personality.
- Mental Projection: The ability to project thoughts into reality.
- Mind Control: The ability to manipulate the minds of other via thought process.
- Mind Exchange: The ability to transfer one's mind into another's body, taking control of that body; can be done in inanimate objects as well, telekinetically controlling it.
- Mindscape Transportation: The ability to transport physical matter into one's conscious or subconscious thoughts.
- Neurocognitive Deficit: The ability to shut down an opponent's higher brain function.
- Pain Inducement: The ability to induce an illusion of pain.
- Psionic Inundation: The ability to launch psi-bolts to cause mental damage.
- Psychic Constructs: The ability to generate constructs out of mental energy.
- Psychic Energy Manipulation: The ability to produce and manipulate mental energy.
- Psychic Inhibitors: The ability to place inhibitors in the mind to limit another's capabilities.
- Psychosomatic Illusion: The ability to create powerful illusions that may cause severe physical damage.
- Pushing: The ability to implant memories, thoughts, and emotions into others.
- Telepathic Prediction: The ability to know an opponent's moves and attacks by reading their brain waves.
- Thought Manipulation: The ability to control the thoughts of others.
- Audible Inundation: The ability to create voices and sounds in the minds of others.
- Body Language Analysis: The ability to predict the target's next move.
- Consciousness Transferal: The ability to transfer one's mind to a new body.
- Mind Image: The ability to project one's image to the mind of another.
- Mind Link: The ability to develop a permanent mental bond with any person, also called imprinting.
- Mind Melding: The ability to fuse one's consciousness with another.
- Mind Reading: The ability to read/sense the thought of others.
- Mind Walking: The ability to enter the mind of another.
- Omnilingualism: The ability to intuitively understand all languages.
- Projective Omnilingualism: The ability to emit a field that translates every spoken language.
- Psychic Communication: The ability to open up secret conversations and relay covert information.
- Psychic Navigation: The ability to create a mental map of the area.
- Psychic Wave Manipulation: The ability to generate and manipulate thought waves.
- Sensory Scrying: The ability to perceive through the sense of other beings.
- Sleep Inducement: The ability to put others to sleep.
- Telempathy: The ability to communicate through emotions.
- Telepathic Relay: The ability to act as a mental relay station for a group of minds, allowing said minds to "speak" to one another through the user.
- Telepathic Speaking: The ability to speak telepathically.
- Thought Manifestation: Project one's thoughts telepathically.
- Truth Inducement: Make others tell the truth by shutting down their brain inhibitors.
- Animal Telepathy
- Telepathic Dream Creation
- Telepathic Language Instruction
- Temporal Telepathy
- Potentially all non-physical Mental Powers.
- Dream Manipulation
- Mental Manipulation
- Mental Shield Penetration
- Mind Control
- Telepathic Mimicry
- Does not work on mindless beings (corpses, animated objects, robots, etc.).
- May be limited to a certain range to work, including touch only.
- May be limited to certain number of targets at a time.
- May be constantly active and have to constantly hear thoughts.
- Since the user constantly hears thoughts, this power becomes ineffective in large crowds.
- May not be able to read impulsive actions.
- Users of Psychic Shield are either immune or highly resistant.
- May get overwhelmed by too many thoughts.
- Unless one is multilingual or has the automatic ability to translate and decrypt, ability may not work if the target is thinking in alternate languages or encrypted codes.
- The more intense the thought, the louder it sounds to the user.
See Also: Telepathy