Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Bake-danuki Physiology
- Tanuki Mimicry
User with this ability either is or can transform into an Tanuki, an animal shapeshifter with great physical strength and supernatural powers. Like the kitsune, they are masters of shapeshifting and disguise and are mischievous creatures taking all sorts of disguises to deceive or annoy travelers or to get such things as saké, food, or women to the point of turning itself into inanimate objects, such as the tea-kettle.
Tanuki are often mischievous and jolly, but also somewhat gullible and absentminded. Notoriously found of alcohol and parties, they can become at times violent or unpleasant if drunk or deprived of their favorite drinks. Unlike kitsune, tanuki usually have their own agenda and are prone causing chaos and confusion amongst humans and, sometimes, other youkai.
- Canine Physiology
See Also: Tanuki
- Fuuri Watanuki (Super Sonico)
- Tanuki (Japanese Mythology/Folklore)
- Mamizou Futatsuiwa (Touhou)
- Shukaku (Naruto)
- Gaara (Naruto); via Jinchuuriki Form
- Tanuki-clan (Pom Poko)
- Tanuki from the Kincho (Yaiba)
- Kim Diel (Soul Eater)
- Hachiemon (InuYasha)
- Heinrad/Heinlad (Beast Wars Neo)
- Banri Watanuki (Inu to Boku SS)
- Pato (One Piece); Via Devil Fruit
- Rioichi Cooper (Sly Cooper series)
- Otanukisama (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Tanooki Suit (Super Mario Bros. series)