- For a gallery of Summoning, see here.
Nagato (Naruto) can summon a great variety of animals via his Animal Path.
Summon forth objects/people from seemingly nowhere.
- "Do not call up that which you cannot put down."
- ―H.P. Lovecraft: The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
- "Do not call up that which you cannot put on hold."
- ―Greg Hill and Kerry Wendell Thornley: Principia Discordia
The power to summon forth an object or organism. Opposite of Banishment.
The user can transport person, creature, or object of choice by means of Teleportation. This may also result from a previous summoning contract, which creates a connection between the summon and summoner.
High level users may not be bound by restrictions such as a contract, and can summon anything they want, including powerful beings or "familiar spirits" and often require strong mystic connections to where these entities reside. Users can call upon fairies, angels, demons, or animal spirits, just to name a few.
The summoning can backfire, however, leading to any number of misfortunes, such as the summoned person, creature, or item causing harm to the summoner.
- Alternate Matter Materialization - Ability to summon matter from alternate universes and possible futures/timelines.
- Door Projection/Portal Creation - Ability to summon portals and gateways.
- Elemental Generation - Ability to summon elements.
- Materialized Guardian - Ability to summon a Guardian.
- Meta Teleportation - Ability to summon anything from one's imagination.
- Meteor Summoning - Ability to summon astrological rocks from outer space.
- Object Creation - Ability to summon objects from nothing.
- Over Run! - Ability to summon army.
- Snake Den - Ability to summon snakes to attack.
- Soul Summoning - Ability to summon souls from beyond the grave.
- Spatial Displacement - Ability to summon an entire environment to the battlefield.
- Summon Infusion - Ability to infuse any object with summoning capabilities.
- Weapon Summoning - Ability to summon weapons.
- Conjuration - Summon using spells.
- Banishment - very important, not being able to get rid of the summoned has been fall for many users.
- Contract Bestowal - some live summons may require a contract to bring towards the summoner.
- Energy Circle Combat - some summons require a magic circle/symbol to bring forth the target.
- Space-Time Manipulation - summoning usually involves transporting target through the space-time continuum.
- Summoning immensely large/heavy object can take a mental toll on the user.
- Summoned entity may become uncontrollable and put the summoner in danger.
- May require a contract to summon specific creatures.
- Summoning certain creatures/people may require a sacrifice, such as blood, wealth or life.
- Certain symbols, carvings and/or ceremonies may be needed to summon objects.
- May require the user to have knowledge of what is to be summoned to actually bring forth it.