- Pain Absorption
- Suffering Stealing
The user can absorb pain/suffering (whether mental and physical) of others, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.
- Absorbing Regeneration
- Assimilation Shield
- Enhanced/Supernatural Condition
- Insanity Absorption
- Suffering Empowerment
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- The pain and suffering the user absorbs may be detrimental to the user's own well being and may drive them insane or destroy them with time.
- Some forms of pain/suffering may be un-absorbable.
- Ilmater (Forgotten Realms)
- Elva (Inheritance Cycle)
- Afterlife (Marvel Comics)
- Castiel (Supernatural)
- Werewolves/Werecoyotes (Teen Wolf)