- "There's a downstairs in everybody. That's where we live."
- ― The Kindly Ones (Sandman issue #58)
- Subconscious Control
The user can manipulate everything hidden inside their or others subconscious, including ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, painful emotions, etc. This allows them manipulate the hidden aspects of the mind in various ways, for example arrange memories as one desires, awaken secrets and information hidden deep in the subconscious, and give shape to emotions or thoughts hidden inside the mind.
If the user is powerful enough they can erase what resides in the subconscious (like their capacity to choose right from wrong) and leave only what they deem "important" making them very strong or very dangerous. Another rare use is the capability to manipulate dreams, able to even create very vivid nightmares.
- Consciousness Shattering
- Indirect Emotion Manipulation
- Indirect Mental Manipulation
- Memory World Creation
- Indirect Thought Manipulation
- Subconscious Manifestation
- Subliminal Messaging
- True-Self Deception
- True-Self Recognition
- Astral Plane Manipulation
- Causal Plane Manipulation
- Dream Manipulation
- Id Beast Creation
- Mental Labyrinth Creation
- Mental Plane Manipulation
- Mind Walking
- Sleep Manipulation
- Users of Psionic Shield are either immune or highly resistant.
- Does not work on users of Cyber Mind, for their mind is not organic.
- While inside the mind of others, the user is vulnerable to attacks, both in the real world and inside the subconsciousness of others.
- May become overpowered by other users with the same ability, especially by strong telepaths.
- Jonesy (Dreamcatcher)
- Guy (Hitsugi no Chaika)
- Raven (Teen Titans)
- Koishi Komeiji (Touhou Project)
- Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
- Nightmare (Ghost Sweeper Mikami)
- Sirens (The Vampire Diaries)