- "Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
- Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
- But will they come when you do call for them?"
- ― William Shakespeare, Henry IV Part 1
The power to use the abilities of spirits. Variation of Mythic Physiology.
- Spirit Form/Mimicry
- Soul/Spectral/Spiritual Being Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into a spirit: a supernatural and conscious (although not necessarily sentient) being that in its normal state is incorporeal, invisible and immaterial. Many spirits are able to materialize either by shifting into a more solid form or by taking a vessel to give them physical shape, which can be done either by possessing an already existing form (either a living being or an object) or by animating and wrapping part of the environment "around" them.
There are several types of spirits, ranging from the souls of dead (ghosts) to the spirits of places, objects, concepts and/or elements. Several forms of magic center around contacting and bargaining with spirits.
- Adaptive Possession
- Astral Manipulation
- Astral Trapping
- Death Inducement
- Decelerated Aging, Semi-Immortality or Immortality
- Disease Manipulation
- Dream Walking
- Ectoplasm Manipulation
- Ghost-Light Manipulation
- Illusion Manipulation
- Malleable Anatomy
- Mental Inducement
- Phantasm Manipulation
- Portal Manipulation
- Soul Manipulation
- Ultimate Intangibility
Types of Spirit
Ghost Physiology: spirits/souls of the dead, often bound to stay until certain conditions are met. This can vary from honorable burial, unfinished business/revenge or self-appointed duties. Ancestral spirits are part of this group, given their involvement/ties with their families.
- Banshee Physiology
- Baykok Physiology: Flight, Enhanced Archery, Paralysis Inducement
- Ghost Lord Physiology
- Poltergeist Physiology
- Revenant Physiology
- Transcendent Ghost Physiology
- Wraith Physiology
Nature Spirit Physiology: manifestations/embodiments of natural phenomena, places, elements or animals.
- Animal Spirits/Totems: spirits connected to either certain species (cats, hawks), family (felines, raptors) or class (mammals, birds)
- Elementals/Elemental Spirits: spirits of certain elements.
- Genius loci: spirits of places, either natural areas or objects or places that could include cities or buildings.
- Ancestral Evocation
- Astral Projection
- Daimon Physiology
- Ethereal Physiology
- Faery Physiology
- Spiritual Energy Physiology
- Spiritual Machine Physiology
- Spiritual Symbiosis
- Certain forms of magic and/or technology may allow their users to control and/or imprison spirits.
- May be vulnerable to any abilities that affect spirits such as a Spirit Barrier or Exorcism.
- Susceptible to Soul Destruction, Soul Mutilation, Nonexistence, Absolute Destruction, and other abilities that may harm or destroy souls/spirits.
See Also: Our Spirits Are Different.