- "The language of the Mystic Arts is as old as civilization. The sorcerers of antiquity called the use of this language "spells"; the source code that shapes reality. We harness energy drawn from other dimensions of the Multiverse to cast spells, to conjure shields and weapons, to make magic!"
- ― The Ancient One (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- "Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Sequitas Sanguinem."
- ― Locator Spell (The Vampire Diaries/Originals)
- Spell Binding
User can cast spells, an action that allows one to magically alter reality to varying extents. It is often a series of words that take effect when spoken, though others are able to cast spells merely by thinking, with gestures, with magical objects or through a ritual of some sort.
- Spell Absorption
- Spell Amplification
- Spell Creation
- Spell Destabilization
- Spell Immunity
- Spell Mixture
- Spell Negation
- Spell Reflection
- Hand Seal Magic
- Inscriptive Magic
- Linguistic Magic
- Musical Spell Casting
- Paper Charm Magic
- Spell Blades
- Symbol Magic
- May need to perform certain actions/fulfill conditions to use magic, ranging from specific words/songs, certain hand/body moves, materials that may be consumed or even extensive rituals.
- May need to use special artifacts such as spell books, herbs, and talismans.
- May be limited only to mystic objects.
- May be limited on how many spells they can cast.
- Incorrect pronunciation of a spell may have negative effects (such as the spell being thrown back at the user, or producing a different effect than expected).
- May require mana in order to power the spells.
- Untrained novices can easily misuse a spell creating unpredictable results.
- Useless against people with Spell Negation and Spell Immunity.
- Certain spells may only work for as long as the caster is alive.
- Certain spells may have negative effect to nature and require a balance to the universe. For instance, if one person is brought back to life, another will die in the process.
- More powerful spells may require more magical power and training.
- May require concentration to work.
- Some spells may taint the user's soul and turn them down the path of evil, and therefore are best left unknown.
- Some spells may simply need to be spoken in reverse to be negated.
- Overuse may lead to physical and/or mental damage, temporary/permanent lose of magic or death.