As a Speed Force Conduit, Jay Garrick (DC Comics) had the ability to steal speed from others, even beings as powerful as Superman, to render them immobile.
steal the accelerated motion/momentum
The ability to steal the accelerated motion or momentum from objects or people to reduce their speed or even virtually stop them.
- Momentum Theft
- Speed Stealing
The user can steal the accelerated motion or momentum from objects or people to reduce their speed or even virtually stop them. This ability also allows the user to enhance their own movements by compounding the stolen kinetic energy with the user's own.
- May be limited to how much speed/momentum one can absorb.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- Jay Garrick (DC Comics)
- Barry Allen (DC Comics)
- Wally West (DC Comics)
- Eobard Thawne (DC Comics)
- Ban (Seven Deadly Sins); via Snatch: Fox Hunt
- Battletide (Forgotten Realms)