- Sonic Absorption
The user can absorb sound waves, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.
- Assimilation Shield
- Elemental Enhanced Condition
- Elemental Regeneration
- Sonic Breath/Sonic Scream
- Sound Empowerment
- Sound Immunity
- Energy Absorption
- Selective Invulnerability
- Sound Conversion
- Sound Manipulation
- Sound Nullification
- Snow Manipulation (snow absorbs sound)
- Voice Thievery
- Can't absorb self-generated sound.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- May become permanently deaf from absorbing sound due to not being completely immune to the effects of sound waves
- May be always active.
- May only be able to partially absorb any sound.
- Sound absorbing agent (Heroes)
- Dazzler (Marvel Comics)
- Clement Wilson (Marvel Comics)
- SCP-469 - Many-Winged Angel (SCP Foundation)
- Bubbles (The Powerpuff Girls)