The user can strike their targets with a far superior force/blow, usually resulting in a One Hit Kill against almost anything. Mostly used by gods, this ability may have a divine aspect imbued into it, dealing even more damage to unholy or evil enemies.
The amount of power capability used in this ability is absolutely unlimited, merely preparing its use can induce fear in opponents.
- Targets have to be fully identified.
- May have a charge time before use.
- Users may have to reveal themselves first.
- Limited by how many targets may be smote at once.
- May require a being to be of a certain nature or alignment to affect them.
- This ability functions in a slightly similar way to nonexistence, using infinite/nigh-infinite levels of raw power in order to destroy the target.
- The Judge (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Templars (Dragon Age series); via Holy Smite
- Paladins (Dungeons & Dragons); via Smite Evil
- Man-Thing (Marvel Comics)
- Najimi Ajimu (Medaka Box)
- Swords (Minecraft); via enchantments.
- God (Most religions)
- Lady of Pain (Planescape)
- Players (Runescape); via Divine Empowerment.
- Angol Mois (Sgt Frog)
- Angels (Supernatural)
- Cain (Supernatural); Demonic Smiting
- Sam Winchester (Supernatural); Mental Smiting