The power to cause other beings to fall asleep. Sub-power of Sleep Manipulation. Variation of Mental Inducement. Not to be confused with Sedative Inducement.
- Sleep Induction
- The Sleeping Curse/Spell
User can cause organisms to fall asleep, whether instantaneously or more naturally.
- Users of Psychic Shield are either immune or highly resistant.
- Beings that don't sleep are immune.
- Like normal sleep, may only be temporary.
See Also: Forced Sleep and Instant Sedation.
- Maleficent's Spinning Wheel (Sleeping Beauty)
- Poison Apple (Snow White)
- Sleeping Curse (Once Upon a Time)
- Sleeping Gas (Various)
- Hand of Glory (European Folklore)
- Proserpine's Box (Cupid and Psyche)
- Proserpine's Box (Roman Mythology)
- Sleeping Dust (Tooth Fairy)
- Imo Gazer (Xiaolin Showdown)
- The Red Book (Zatch Bell!)
Mystogan (Fairy Tail) can use his Staff Magic
to easily put entire towns to sleep.
Mirajane (Fairy Tail) puts her fellow guild member Lucy to sleep.
Charles Xavier (X-Men: First Class) possesses this and many other mental abilities.
The Sleep (Card Captor Sakura)
...and Venonat are two of the pokemon that can use sleep powder.
Jigglypuff has the ability to sing cutely and causes everyone hearing her put to sleep.
Darkrai's dark void puts anyone to sleep.
Undergrowth (Danny Phantom) can produce spores that put people to sleep.
Kumatora (Mother) uses Hypnosis
Experiment 360 "Drowsy" (Lilo & Stitch)
Kaa (Disney's The Jungle Book) puts Mowgli to sleep.
Since Zatch’s spells (Zatch Bell!) are so strong but his mind is weak, each time he uses a spell he passes out.