- "Be condemn to the eternal sleep. And thus, the fools shall sleep for eternity"
- ― Lavinia Reni (Highschool DxD)
- "The World doesn't need to move in the right path anymore. It is better off asleep forever in the Infinite Tsukuyomi!!"
- ― Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
- "I wish you unpleasant dreams, mug...courtesy of the Sandman!!"
- ― Wesley Dodds/Sandman (DC Comics)
The power to cause other beings to fall asleep. Sub-power of Sleep Manipulation. Variation of Mental Inducement. Opposite to Awakening. Not to be confused with Sedative Inducement.
- Sleep Induction
- The Sleeping Curse/Spell
User can cause organisms to fall asleep, whether instantaneously or more naturally.
- Users of Psychic Shield (highly resistant) and Psychic Immunity (impervious).
- Beings that don't sleep are immune.
- Like normal sleep, may only be temporary.
See Also: Forced Sleep and Instant Sedation.
- Maleficent's Spinning Wheel (Sleeping Beauty)
- Poison Apple (Snow White)
- Sleeping Curse (Once Upon a Time)
- Sleeping Gas (Various)
- Hand of Glory (European Folklore)
- Proserpine's Box (Cupid and Psyche)
- Proserpine's Box (Roman Mythology)
- Sleeping Dust (Tooth Fairy)
- Imo Gazer (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Ranna (Old Kingdom Series)
- Sleep Dart (Overwatch)
- Sand Pouch (DC Comics)
Mystogan (Fairy Tail) can use his Staff Magic
to easily put entire towns to sleep.
Mirajane (Fairy Tail) puts her fellow guild member Lucy to sleep.
Charles Xavier (X-Men: First Class) possesses this and many other mental abilities.
The Sleep (Card Captor Sakura)
...and Venonat are two of the Pokémon that can use sleep powder.
Jigglypuff (Pokémon) has the ability to sing cutely and causes everyone hearing her to fall asleep.
Darkrai's (Pokémon) "Dark Void" puts anyone to sleep.
Somnibot (Power Rangers Zeo) has the ability to sing and cause everyone hearing her to fall asleep.
Undergrowth (Danny Phantom) can produce spores that put people to sleep.
Kumatora (Mother) uses Hypnosis
Experiment 360 "Drowsy" (Lilo & Stitch)
Kaa (Disney's The Jungle Book) puts Mowgli to sleep.
Since Zatch’s spells (Zatch Bell!) are so strong but his mind is weak, each time he uses a spell he passes out.
Larcade Dragneel (Fairy Tail) using his third desire to cast "Eternal Sleep of Death: R.I.P. to force his victims to sleep forever.
Alien Hypnos (Valkyrie Crusade) can make others sleep, being even able to make others sleep forever.
Silver Chariot Requiem (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) can put every living being in a large area into forceful sleep
Gaara (Naruto) is forced to fall asleep when he activates his Feigning Sleep Technique.
As both the goddess and embodiment of peace, Eldath's (Forgotten Realms) only method for defending herself is causing a deep dreamless state of sleep to the aggressor.
Cable (Marvel Comics) knocking out members of the Mutant Liberation Front.
The Temple of Nirvana Technique, notably performed by Kabuto (Naruto). Is a genjutsu created to induce a deep slumber in the form of feathers.