The ability to have power with its own sentience.
- Inner Being/Self
- Self Sentient Power
At least part of the user's power exists as an independent being with its own mind and body that exist mainly inside the user's mind/soul and manifests as it wants or when summoned. Sometimes this link is usually represented by a physical object.
- Astral Projection: Users are able to project the entity in an astral form.
- Divided Mind: The entity is an individual soul but is part of the user's soul or mind.
- Enigma Force: The power may seek to bond with its host.
- Empathic Weaponry: Weapon chooses who wields its power.
- Gains powers from entity
- Inner Beast: Sentient power may be a creature.
- Inner Power: Both parties are able to unleash their hidden potential.
- Living Illusion Creation
- Possession: An individual may possess another to grant power to the host.
- Power Infusion: Being infuses users with its power.
- Soul-Bound Weapon: The entity manifests itself via an object.
- State of Mind: Both users and sentient power understands themselves.
- Summoning: Can summon the entity.
- Materialized Guardian: Manifest the power as a guardian.
- True Form: Users and sentient power can combine their powers to reveal their true form.
- The entity can try or may be able to control the user.
- The entity can refuse to let users use its power if parties are not getting along.
- Sentient power may have a gender and name, and may have the same emotions as other beings, meaning they can get angry, happy or sad about anything and they may like or feel.
- Patrick Donovan (The Young Guardians); Entity called Dragon's Fire
- Gregory Kennedy (The Young Guardians); Entity called the Inquisitor
- Derek Marvin (The Young Guardians); Entity called Grand Golem
- Shinigami (Bleach); Zanpakutō spirits
- Orihime Inoue (Bleach); Shun Shun Rikka fairies
- Visored (Bleach); in addition to Zanpakutō spirits, Visored have Inner Hollows
- Lavos/Time Devourer (Chrono Cross); via Frozen Flame
- Omega (Final Fantasy Unlimited)
- Issei Hyoudo (Highschool DxD); The Sacred Gear is self sentient
- Alien X (Ben 10); Bellicus and Serena
- Jinchūriki (Naruto); due to being hosts of a Tailed Beast
- Kagenui (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Livlaster (Captain Earth)