The ability to become more powerful after doing self-harm to oneself. Variation of Damage Empowerment.
- Masochism Affinity/Empowerment
- Self-Harm Affinity
- Self-Injury Affinity/Empowerment
The user becomes stronger, faster, more durable, etc. as the they inflict damage on themselves, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the self-harm or even slow or stop aging.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- User can't use this ability if they are dead.
- User has to withstand the pain of the damage they do to themselves, therefore a lot of willpower is required to use this.
- Some damage can immobilize the user, so they become easy targets.
- Titan Shifters (Attack on Titan)
- Findorr Calius (Bleach)
- Porusutoroi (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
- Fusion Zamasu (Dragon Ball Super); via Light of Justice
- Candice (Marchen Awakens Romance)
- Penance (Marvel Comics)
- Kotal Kahn (Mortal Kombat X) via Blood Offer
- Might Guy (Naruto); via Eighth Gate Release