Toph Bei Fong (Avatar: The Last Airbender) showing Aang her practice of sandbending.
Manipulate sand particles
Power to manipulate sand. Variation of Earth Manipulation.
- Sand Control
User can create, shape and manipulate sand, a naturally occurring loose, fragmented/granular sedimentary material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles ranging in diameter from 0.0625 mm (or 1⁄16 mm) to 2 mm.
The most common sand is composed of particles of quartz (colorless/slightly pink) and feldspar (pink/amber). Black sands, such as those found in Hawaii, are composed of particles of obsidian formed by volcanic activity. Other black sands include materials such as magnetite and homblende. Coral sands are white or gray, and sands composed of broken shell fragments are usually light brown.
- Create/generate/increase sand of any grain-side or shape (rough/smooth, dust-like/coarse).
- Shape, compress, and/or otherwise manipulate sand.
- Burrowing with choice between simply gliding through sand or leaving tunnel.
- Earth Attacks using sand.
- Ground Liquification only sand.
- Move/lift sand at nearly any speed whether in/on surface, air or water.
- Psammokinetic Constructs, including weapons, walls, armor or allies/servants.
- Abacomancy using sand.
- Earth Aura using sand.
- Motor-Skill Manipulation by implanting sand into opponents' body and manipulating them.
- Psammokinetic Invisibility
- Psammokinetic Regeneration
- Quicksand Generation
- Sand Mimicry
- Sand Transmutation
- Sandstorm Creation
- Seismic Sense sense/perceive vibrations in the sand.
- Desert Adaptation
- Desert Manipulation
- Erosion Manipulation
- Earth Manipulation
- Glass Manipulation
- Metal Dust Manipulation
- Mineral Manipulation
- May be unable to create sand, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance and the amount of matter depends of the strength and skill of the user.
- Water and Blood Manipulation can make sand heavier and harder to manipulate.
- Fire Manipulation can melt sand into glass.
- Ice Manipulation/Freezing can turn sand solid.
- Sand can be weighed down when mixed with a powder of higher density, such as iron or gold dust, thus reducing manipulation.