- Protective Mode
- Safe Form
The users have a protective form that increases their ability to survive and may allow them to escape from any situation.
- Returning to the normal form may be hard or impossible.
- May lose any abilities their normal form has.
- Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Bleach)
- Chaos (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Weeping Angels (Doctor Who); when looked at
- The TARDIS (Doctor Who); when in "Siege Mode"
- All Nameless Flonyardians (Dog Days); via Animal Ball form
- Last Dragonborn (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim); via Become Ethereal
- Denshark (Toriko); via Autotomy
- Brandish (Worm)