Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
User can give their lives to shield others from harm, be it a life-threatening disease or injury or an apocalyptic force or event. This can be done either by using a specialized ability or ritual that will inevitably kill the user or by overusing one's natural capabilities until the strain on their bodies becomes fatal. Death can occur immediately after the power is activated or at some later point, and the protection offered can either be defensive in nature (i.e. a protective charm/barrier that prevents harm or teleporting those the users wants to protect to another location) or offensive in nature (i.e. unleashing immense power/energy to seal or obliterate a dangerous entity). The duration of the protection can either be momentary, ending shortly after the user has died, or can last for much longer periods of time, possibly even for all eternity.
Depending on the power level of the user, along with the nature of the protection in relation to the threat it is being used against, the number of people that can be protected can be anywhere from an individual person/small group of people to a nation or continent to a whole planet or even an entire galaxy or universe. It may even be possible for immortal beings to use this power if they can sacrifice their immortality (which will eventually cause them to die from natural causes).
- Suicide Inducement - using this power will kill you.
- Suicidal Attack - Turn your entire being into to an attack.
- Destruction obliterate a threat.
- Healing/Health Optimization neutralize life-threatening injuries or ailments.
- Reanimation give your life to reanimate dead beings to combat a threat.
- Reincarnation/Self Transcendence sacrifice your mortal form to either become or gain control over the driving force behind a threat to end it.
- Sealing imprison dangerous entities.
- Power Negation render a threat harmless.
- Self-Resurrection revive after dying to protect others as many times as needed.
- Summoning call forth powerful and/or numerous entities to combat a threat.
- Teleportation/Time Travel send either the threat or those threatened elsewhere to prevent harm.
- Because this power is typically invoked in response to a specific threat it cannot protect against danger from other sources.
- Depending on the power level/nature of the threat, protection may be partially ineffective.
- May need to die in a specific manner (i.e. being killed by someone to protect others from the killer).
- If the protection is long-lasting or permanent, reviving the user will nullify it.
- The Crucible (Mass Effect 3)
- The Forlorn Hope (Yu Yu Hakusho)