The power to reverse the effects of an occurrence into forming the opposite results. May stem from Reality Warping, Negative Zone Creation and Paradox Inducement. Not to be confused with Causality Reversal.
- Inverse Effect
- Opposite Effect
The user is able to reverse the effects of an occurrence into forming the opposite results. For example, if something harmful happens to the user, such as getting punched in the face, the user receives positive effects from that outcome and feels pleasure and vigor as opposed to pain and damage.
- If one consumes unhealthy or harmful substances, they will become healthier.
- If the user never bathes, they will not give off body odor or release unpleasant fragrance.
- If the user goes bankrupt they will become rich instead.
- If the user does not sleep, they will become energetic and awake.
- If the user is hostile to others, the ones targeted will become amicable to the user.
- If the user commits an action that normally benefits themselves, the opposite effect will occur.
- This power might only apply to certain effects/attacks.
- Kagura (Aquarion Evol)
- Uryū Ishida (Bleach); via "The Antithesis"
- Nilbog (Pathfinder); Goblins infected with a mystical disease that transmutes damage into hitpoints and are damaged by curative magic
- Shiria Ootsuka (Maken-Ki); via Reverse
- Pokémon with Contrary, Poison Heal, Volt Absorb or Water Absorb (Pokémon)
- Ichiryū (Toriko); via Minority World
- Seija Kijin (Touhou Project); has the ability to "turn anything upside-down"
- Doomgiver (Book of Swords)
- Subtraction Soup (Phantom Tollbooth)