Radiation Boy (DC Comics) ability to absorb and manipulate high levels of radiation for a number of purposes and effects
- Induced Radioactivity
- Nuclear Decay Manipulation
- Radioactive Decay Manipulation
- Radioactivity Manipulation
- Radiation Control
User can create, shape and manipulate radioactivity, the process by which a nucleus of an unstable atom loses energy by emitting particles of ionizing radiation. A material that spontaneously emits this kind of radiation, which includes the emission of energetic alpha particles, beta particles, and gamma rays, is considered radioactive.
All chemical elements may be rendered radioactive by adding or by subtracting (except for hydrogen and helium) neutrons from the nucleus of the stable ones. The availability of this wide variety of radioactive isotopes has stimulated their use in a wide variety of fields, including chemistry, biology, medicine, industry, artifact dating, agriculture, and space exploration.
The health risk associated with exposure to a particular radionuclide will depend on the radiation emitted and its chemical behavior. Beta and gamma radiations can penetrate through the skin and may pose an external radiation hazard, but the main concern generally is the entry of radionuclides into the body by inhalation and ingestion. Intake will lead to dose delivery to the respiratory and alimentary tracts, and absorption into the blood followed by entry into other organs and tissues.
- Create/generate/increase, absorb, shape and manipulate radiation.
- Disease Generation including cancers.
- Disintegration via radiolysis.
- Electromagnetic Pulse Emission to disable electronics
- Energy Attacks using radiation.
- Heat Generation by thermal radiation.
- Heat Manipulation by thermal radiation.
- Mutation Inducement
- Nuclear Explosion Inducement
- Poisonous Fallout Generation
- Solidification via controlling radiation.
- Radiation Immunity
- Alopecia Projection
- Cosmic Manipulation
- Electromagnetism Manipulation
- EM Spectrum Manipulation
- Fallout Manipulation
- Poison Manipulation
- Radiation Empowerment
- Universal Force Manipulation
- Weak Force Manipulation
- May be unable to create radiation, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Users light is affected by everything that all radiation is, unless they are powerful/skilled enough to overcome these limits.
- May be constantly active at varying levels.
- May take time to learn control.
- Must be careful when using the ability.
- May be limited on how much or type of radiation they can control.