- Counter/Counteraction/Nemesis Power
User can develop a super-power to counteract another person's abilities. For example, if the other person is using Fire Manipulation, the user could develop Water Manipulation to counteract that power. Also, if the opponent is using Reality Warping, the user could develop Reality Anchoring to counteract that power.
- Can be used to defend against the other person's power.
- Can develop powers to counteract obstacles around the user.
- Can turn the tide of a battle.
- Develop counter powers to counter others' abilities.
- Self-Adaptive Power
- Useful against multiple power holders having both passive and active ability counters.
- Focused Group Counter
- Meta Power Opposition
- Reactive Adaptation
- Reactive Invulnerability
- Superpower Manipulation
- Developed powers may be temporary.
- The user may need to learn how to use acquired power.
- Users may or may not be able to control adaptations.
- New adaptations may take time to develop.
- May be limited to certain number of counteractive abilities at a time.
- Combat sense or team-up tactics may cause problems.
- Stalker (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
- Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Bleach)
- Guardians (Breath of Fire III)
- Nemesis Kid (DC Comics)
- Wahl Icht (Fairy Tail)
- For Whom The Death Tolls (Grrl Power)
- Umeko Tanaka (Inou battle wa Nichijou-kei no Nada de)
- Endgame (Marvel Comics); personality of Legion
- Kylie Galen (Shadow Falls); while in protector mode
- The Demonkind (Steel Angel Kurumi)
- Opposite Titans (Teen Titans Go!)
- Misaki Masaki Jurai (Tenchi Muyo); as the Counter-Actor