The power to temporarily borrow the powers of others. Sub-power of Superpower Manipulation. Variation of Power Absorption.
- Ability Borrowing
- Ability/Power Swiper
The user can temporarily borrow the powers and/or skills of another and use it as their own, which may cause the target to lose borrowed powers in a similar fashion of Power Absorption.
They may be able to borrow powers from powerful objects and/or drawing power from even deceased beings.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- Time limit of borrowed powers may vary.
- Powers that can be borrowed may be limited to a certain type.
- May not be able to choose whose power the user borrows.
- The power does not grant innate knowledge of the power the user obtains, meaning they may not have knowledge of the dangers of their borrowed power.
- If the target dies, the link to their powers may sever before normal limit.
- May leave the user without their power.
Shido Itsuka (Date A Live) can “borrow” the power of a Spirit he sealed, but it depends on how close or intimate he is with that spirit.
Kamen Riders (Kamen Rider Blade) can use the powers of seal Undeads to their advantage. However, certain power needs the Undead's approval to use.
Jin Mori (God of High School) drawing on the power of his deceased clone
Mori Hui in order to attack with their respective kicking techniques.
Park Il-Pyo (God of High School) formed a direct contract with the fox god Hojosa in order to utilise the power of the Nine-Tails Guardian.
An unnamed combatant (God of High School) borrowing the power of St. George's legendary weapon Ascalon to form blades from his arms
Gwum Gi (God of High School) borrowing the power of [[wikipedia:Jack the Ripper|]] to manifest blades