- For a gallery of examples for Power Absorption, see here.
Arthur Petrelli (Heroes) steals Peter's powers, demonstrating electricity.
Steal powers of others
- Ability Absorption
- Ability/Power Stealing
- Ability/Power Theft
The user can steal powers from others, usually this is temporary and the victims naturally regain their lost power, but some users may be able to steal powers permanently.
- Divine Power Absorption
- Empathic Power Absorption
- Post-Mortem Power Absorption
- Power Borrowing
- Strength Absorption
- May be the user cannot use the absorbed powers.
- May be constantly active.
- May need physical touch.
- Useless if target doesn't have powers.
- Ability weaknesses may also be transferred.
- May be unable to control absorbed abilities.
- May have to kill the original user to steal the power.
- Cannot Absorb Omnipotence, Omnipresence or Omniscience.
- May be limited to beings that are relatively similar to the user.
- User cannot absorb powers that are linked to basic anatomy.
- Cannot steal any power from those with Power Absorption Immunity.
- Two results following user's death:
- The stolen powers return to their original owners.
- The powers vanish out of existence.