- For a gallery of examples for Power Absorption, see here.
Arthur Petrelli (Heroes) steals Peter's powers, demonstrating electricity.
Steal powers of others
- Ability Absorption
- Ability/Power Stealing
- Ability/Power Theft
The user can steal powers from others, usually temporarily and the victims naturally regain their lost power, but some users may be able to steal powers permanently.
- Divine Power Absorption
- Empathic Power Absorption
- Post-Mortem Power Absorption
- Power Borrowing
- Strength Absorption
- May be the user cannot use the absorbed powers.
- May be constantly active.
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- Ability weaknesses may also be transferred.
- May be unable to control absorbed abilities.
- Cannot absorb Omnipotence, Omnipresence, or Omniscience.
- May be limited to beings that are relatively similar to the user.
- User cannot absorb powers that are linked to basic anatomy.
- Cannot steal any power from those with Power Absorption Immunity.
- Two results following user's death:
- The stolen powers return to their original owners.
- The powers vanish out of existence.