- Ability Absorption
- Ability/Power Draining/Siphoning/Stealing/Theft
The user can absorb powers from others, usually temporarily and the victims naturally regain their lost power, but some users may be able to absorb powers permanently.
- Power Erasure
- Power Negation
- Power Mixture by combining absorbed powers.
- Talent Theft
- Divine Power Absorption
- Empathic Power Absorption
- Post-Mortem Power Absorption
- Power Borrowing
- Power Containment
- Strength Absorption
- Consumptive Replication
- Enhanced Power Absorption
- Life-Force Absorption
- Self-Power Augmentation only when absorbing the same power or ability.
- May be unable to use the absorbed powers.
- May be constantly active.
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- May be need see the activation of the power.
- May need to fulfill certain requirements in order to absorb a power
- A power may no longer be useable if the original user of the absorbed power dies.
- Ability weaknesses may also be transferred.
- May be unable to control absorbed abilities.
- Cannot absorb Omnipotence, Omnipresence, Omniscience or other Omnipotent Powers.
- May be limited to beings that are relatively similar to the user.
- User cannot absorb powers that are linked to basic anatomy.
- Or, if they do, Body Horror may result.
- Cannot absorb any power from those with Power Absorption Immunity or Power Anchoring.
- Users of Indomitable Will may be resistant.
- Two results following user's death:
- The stolen powers return to their original owners.
- The powers vanish out of existence.
- May gain only weakened variations of others' powers.
- The Transistor (Transistor)
- The Hollow (Charmed)
- The Trident Stone (Mako Mermaids)
- Balcoin Medallion (The Secret Circle)
- Sun Chi Lantern (Xiaolin Showdown)