- For a gallery of examples for Power Absorption, see here.
| Power Absorption
Arthur Petrelli (Heroes) steals Peter's powers
Steal the powers of others
The power to steal some or all of the powers from others and make them one’s own. Sub-power of Superpower Manipulation, variation of Absorption. Not to be confused with Power Negation or Power Replication.
- Ability Absorption
- Ability Stealing
- Ability Theft
- Power Stealer
- Power Theft
The user can steal others powers, usually this is temporary and the victims naturally regain their lost power, but some users may be able to steal powers permanently.
- May be constantly active.
- May need touch.
- Useless if there are no other people with powers.
- Ability weaknesses may also be transferred.
- May be unable to control absorbed abilities.
- May have to kill the original user to steal the power.
- Cannot Absorb Omnipotence, Omnipresence or Omniscience.
- May be limited to beings that are relatively similar to the user.
- User cannot absorb powers that are linked to basic anatomy.
- Cannot steal any power from those with Power Absorption Immunity.
- Black Alice (DC Comics)
- The Vandenreich (Bleach) via Medallion
- Franmalth (Fairy Tail)
- Yuka (Gakuen Alice)
- Parasite (DC Comics)
- The Master of Games (Teen Titans)
- Severin (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Nine)
- Kevin Levin (Ben 10/Ben 10: Alien Force/Ben 10 Ultimate Alien/Ben 10: Omniverse)
- Ultimate Kevin
- Kevin 11
- Kevin 11,000
- Aggregor (Ben 10/Ben 10: Alien Force/Ben 10 Ultimate Alien/Ben 10: Omniverse)
- Sisters of the Dark (Legend of the Seeker/Sword of Truth)
- The Quillion (Sword of Truth)
- The Dacra (Legend of the Seeker)
- Rogue (X-Men)
- Osmosians (Ben 10/Ben 10: Alien Force/Ben 10 Ultimate Alien/Ben 10: Omniverse)
- Makuta (BIONICLE)
- Rahkshi (BIONICLE)
- Kraata (BIONICLE)
- Arthur Petrelli (Heroes)
- Kirby (Kirby franchise)
- Android 19 (Dragonball Z)
- Camille (Power Rangers Jungle Fury)
- Android 20 (Dragonball Z)
- Cell (Dragonball Z)
- Majin Buu (Dragonball Z)
- Wiseman (Zatch Bell: the movie)
- Darth Nihilus (Star Wars)
- Delsin Rowe (InFamous: Second Son)
- Makuta Teridax (Bionicle)
- Archangel (person) (Paradox Saga)
- MegaMan (MegaMan series)
- Sakura Mikan (Gakuen Alice); also Power Negation
- The Hollow (Charmed)
- Warlocks (Charmed)
- Zankou (Charmed)
- The Dogan (Charmed)
- Chrollo Lucilfer (Hunter X Hunter)
- The Source of all Evil (Charmed); after summoning the Hollow
- Piper Halliwell (Charmed); after summoning the Hollow
- Phoebe Halliwell (Charmed); after summoning the Hollow
- Paige Matthews (Charmed); after summoning the Hollow
- Christy Jenkins (Charmed); after summoning the Hollow
- Billie Jenkins (Charmed); after summoning the Hollow
- Devil (Charmed); the Hollow was forced to him, by the Source of all Evil
- Cole Turner (Charmed)- after taking in the Hollow
- Blackbeard Pirates (One Piece); somehow developed a method to take Devil Fruit powers from dead users
- Drake Sypher (Loonatics Unleashed)
- Super-Z (Krystala TV Series)
- Ban (Nanatsu no Taizai)
- Zac Blakely (Mako: Island of Secrets); using the Trident to take moonlight magic
- Athena Browning a.k.a. Penelope Gardiner (Witches of East End)
- The Hollow (Charmed)
- Power-Sucking Athamés (Charmed)
- Power Generator (Wizards of Waverly Place)