- "Sentient programs. They can move in and out of any software still hardwired to the system. That means that anyone we haven't unplugged...is potentially an Agent. Inside the Matrix...they are everyone...and they are no one."
- ― Morpheus
- Possessive Transferal
User can remotely transfer their consciousness into others' body (usually servants or people they are attuned with), overriding their mind and possibly empowering/reshaping their body it as they see fit, often in their own image. They may do it partially to assume direct control of their troops on the battlefield, or personally communicate through them regarding important matters. They may also do it entirely, to instantly reach a faraway destination while retaining their full power, or shrug off lethal damage and even death via instant reincarnation.
- Consciousness Transferal
- Possessive Enhancement
- Usually limited to a specific type of entities.
- Users of Indomitable Will/Psychic Shield (highly resistant) and Psychic Immunity (impervious).
- Cannot possess users of Possession Immunity or Control Immunity.
- Sovereign (The Darkness)
- Deadman (DC Comics)
- Tak (Desperation)
- Archdemon (Dragon Age: Origins)
- Nathaniel Essex/Mister Sinister (Marvel); via Hive Mind of Sinister Species
- Reapers (Mass Effect series)
- Sovereign (Mass Effect)
- Harbinger (Mass Effect 2)
- Agents (The Matrix series)
- Organians (Star Trek)
- Lord Vitiate (Star Wars)