- Body Hijacking
- Body Possession
- Psionic Possession
- Take-Over Magic
User can possess or take over the body of any living being, whether sentient or not, by stealing their motor functions and senses. Users may or may not have to leave their own body for this to take place. Disembodied users such as spirits may use the body as their own.
- Temporarily/permanently inhabit the body of the target.
- Take complete control of a target's body, even using it as your own (the target is then known as a vessel).
- Control a person's actions.
- The user's mind/spirit/soul can leave their body freely.
- Skilled users can possess multiple host bodies while retaining their own or even while occupying another vessel.
- When the user possesses a body, they gain the skills and powers of the body.
- Can possess a body which can be useful for espionage and can lie dormant inside the person's mind and body.
- Utilize as a last resort to escape a dying body and to achieve immortality.
- Animal Possession
- Empathic Possession
- Infestation/Orifice Invasion - Biological possession by entering the target's body.
- Partial Possession
- Possession Slash
- Possessive Body
- Possessive Teleportation - Warping from host to host.
- Remote Possession
- Astral Manipulation
- Astral Projection
- Body Manipulation - Alter the host to resemble their original forms.
- Consciousness Transferal
- Demon Physiology
- Mind Manipulation
- Parasite Physiology
- Possessive Transformation
- Overtaken host may be able to fight back for their body.
- May need to focus to return to original body.
- May be overpowered by the host, placing the inhabitant in a sleep-like state.
- May have to touch the target for transfer to be made.
- May only work with one body at a time for new users.
- May only be able to use another's body with the host's permission.
- User can be exorcised from the host.
- May be banished through Purification.
- May need to switch bodies often in order to preserve their life.
- May kill the host in the process by "crushing" them from the inside.
- May die if the host is killed.
- The inhabitant's actual body may be vulnerable to attack and the inhabitant may die or become trapped in the host if the possessor's body is damaged/destroyed beyond repair.
- Users of Indomitable Will are either resistant or immune.
- May not have control over the host body, but simply influence the host with Mind Control.
- User's presence may cause damage to the host (sheer power, physiology rejection, etc.).
- Cannot possess those with Possession Immunity or Control Immunity.
- May require specific host bodies.
Live Action TV
- Kowaina's Mask (Yes! Pretty Cure 5)
- Hoshina's Ball (Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!)