- For a gallery of examples for Portal Creation, see here.
Spot (Marvel) robs banks of their cash by displacing his body in multiple portals.
- Black Hole Portal
- Portal Disc
- Teleportation Warp
- Vortex Creation
- Wormhole Creation
Users can open a hole in the universe connecting two non adjacent locations. This may be done in a very neat manner, such as connecting two doorways in the universe, or it may be done very sloppily like breaking a rift in the space time continuum. Some use Dimensional Manipulation to tear a tiny hole through two universes, some use Spatial Manipulation to overlap two points in the universe. Others may open a black hole or a worm hole connecting those two points. This ability may come in the form of a "Portable Portal" a thin black circle which allows users to make instant holes in anything the circle can be stuck to. Users can also create vortexes to suck in objects.
- Banishment by casting a portal at the target, sending it away.
- Binding by opening a portal around target, trapping it in between.
- Deflection by opening portals to redirect attacks back at the opponents.
- Launching attacks at differing and unsuspecting angles via portals.
- Dimensional Travel
- Extra-Dimensional Energy Generation
- Summoning by opening portals to allow said object/person to arrive.
- Dimensional Manipulation
- Dimensional Storage
- Door Projection
- Key-Based Powers
- Space-Time Rift
- Portal Negation
- Unchecked may become unstable.
- May have limits for the distance, number and/or size of the portals.
- User may not always have the power to close the open portal.
- Magic Hats (Cut the Rope)
- The Phantom Zone Projector (DC Comics)
- The Negative Zone (Marvel Comics)
- Magic Hat (Once Upon A Time)
- Keytools (ReBoot)
- Portal device (Portal, Portal 2)
- Seal of Phobos (W.i.T.C.H)
- Wheel of Power (Hotwheels Acceleracers)