The power to use the powers and traits of a Popobawa. Variation of Cryptic Physiology.
User with this ability either is or can transform into a Popobawa (Swahili, "Bat-Wing", plural Mapopobawa), a male spirit whose nocturnal attacks can comprise simple physical assault and/or poltergeist-like phenomena; but most feared is its tendency toward sexual depravity. They are known for harassing, attacking and sexually assaulting others (often at night), regardless of gender.
Although usually imagined/described as single eyed bat or humanoid bat, Popobawa is a shapeshifter and described as taking different forms, not just that of a bat, as the name implies. It can take either human or animal form, and can metamorphose from one into the other, and is sometimes associated with the presence of a sulfurous odor, but this is not always the case.
- Bat Physiology
- Enhanced Condition
- Nocturnal Adaptation
- Stench Generation
- May cause tendency toward a solitary, nocturnal lifestyle.
- May cause strong antisocial urges (violent, abusive, impulsive, destructive)
- May cause strong sexual urges (high tendency toward rape and other sexual assault--regardless of sexual preference).
- May cause tendency toward nudism, or at least a desire to wear as little as possible.
- Popobawa (African Folklore)