- For a gallery of examples for Plant Manipulation, see here.
Poison Ivy (DC Comics) Is able to control all forms of plant-life, and even mutate them into monsters.
The power to control plant-life. Variation of Organic Manipulation.
- Plantlife Manipulation
Users can create, shape and manipulate plants, including wood, vines, plants, fruits and flowers, even moss and (for practical reasons) fungus. The user can cause plants grow, move/attack or even rise from the soil and "walk", mutate plants by rearranging DNA structure, and revive withered or dead plants.
They can use their power for defense and support by growing plants from the ground and make them sprout seeds/fruits/berries, or even to possibly use plant chemicals to heal people or objects or manipulate their properties for a wide range of effects.
Though less commonly activated by passive users, the ability may deal a series of offensive techniques on a target. Weaponizing the plants allows users to grasp and strike continuously with vines and roots, project thorns at a distance, and quickly regenerate the withering weapons at the user’s will. They can cause horticulture found, i.e. wrap of vines, to grow and climb around a target's neck, causing choking, or even strike with plants. A more subtle technique is to release damaging toxins and pheromones, affecting targets in which conditions should be treated quickly with ailments.
In the higher levels, plants may be controlled in their altered forms, i.e. concentrated forms, such as cotton clothing/fabric, paper. The user may even be capable of psychically regenerating one single species plant into another genus of plant.
- Create/generate, shape, move and animate plants and wood for various purposes/effects:
- Camouflage by covering the user or blending in with leaves or petals.
- Chlorokinetic Constructs, including weapons, walls, armor or allies/servants.
- Formulated Plant Blasts
- Matter Surfing using grass, trees, leaves, petals and/or any form of plants or their parts.
- Missile Generation using thorns, branches and/or stakes.
- Rearrange the genetic structure in plants, including creation of mutant plants.
- Plant Breath
- Plant Communication
- Plant Empathy
- Plant Enhancement
- Plant Growth
- Plant Infusion
- Sap Manipulation
- Seismic Sense through plants.
- Spore Manipulation
- Grass Manipulation: manipulate grass
- Flower Manipulation: manipulate flowers.
- Fruit/Vegetable Manipulation: manipulate fruits and vegetables.
- Fungus Manipulation: manipulate fungi.
- Leaf Manipulation: manipulate leaves.
- Palynokinesis: manipulate pollen.
- Paper Manipulation: manipulate paper-based materials.
- Rubber Manipulation: manipulate natural rubber.
- Wood Manipulation: manipulate wood structured plants such as trees.
Some universes include plant manipulation as a form of Earth Manipulation.
- Architecture Manipulation for buildings of wood, bamboo, etc.
- Environmental Manipulation
- Flora Energy Manipulation
- Food Manipulation limited to plant material.
- Organic Manipulation
- Pheromone Manipulation
- Poison Generation and/or Miasma Emission as users can manipulate any harmful toxins from the floral kingdom.
- Most users are powerless in areas without plants or at least potential for plants to grow (infertile/barren soil).
- High levels of radiation in a concentrated area may cause defects in the ability.
- Users may be only able to control certain types of plants.
- Users may be limited on how many plants or how long they can control them.
- Attacks from Fire Manipulation and/or Ice Manipulation can pose an issue.
- Susceptible to lightning strikes.