- "Ysengrin: You should admire this body Lord Coyote has gifted me with, Renard. Now the very trees of Gillitie are under my command!
- Reynardine: I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening, Ysengrin."
- ― Gunnerkrigg Court
The power to manipulate plant-life. Variation of Organic Manipulation.
- Botanical Control/Manipulation
- Flora Manipulation
- Plantlife Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate plants, including wood, vines, plants, moss, and parts of the plants, such as leaves, seeds, roots, fruits and flowers. The user can cause plants to grow, move/attack or even rise from the soil and "walk", mutate plants by rearranging DNA structure and revive withered or dead plants.
They can use their power for defense and support, cause flowers and other plants to bloom instantaneously, manipulate tree branches to use them as whip-like weapons, control spores and pollen, and bring plants back to life and make them sprout seeds/fruits/berries, use plant chemicals to heal people/objects or manipulate their properties for a wide range of effects.
Though less commonly activated by passive users, the ability may deal a series of offensive techniques on a target. Using the plants as weapons enables users to grasp and strike continuously with vines and roots, project thorns at a distance, and quickly regenerate the withering weapons at the user’s will. They can grow vines to entangle enemies climb around a target's neck, causing choking, or strike with plants. A more subtle technique is to release damaging toxins and pheromones, affecting targets in which conditions should be treated quickly with ailments.
User may also control plants in their altered forms, i.e. concentrated forms, such as cotton clothing/fabric, paper, etc.
- Botanical Communication
- Chlorokinetic Constructs
- Flower Manipulation
- Fruit/Vegetable Manipulation
- Latex Manipulation, some plants produce this as a defense.
- Leaf Manipulation
- Manipulate the properties of plants.
- Move/lift plant material.
- Oxygen Generation plant life produce oxygen.
- Pheromone Manipulation manipulate plant pheromones.
- Poison Manipulation manipulate secondary plant chemicals, which are poisons.
- Plant Attacks
- Plant Detection
- Plant Empathy
- Plant Enhancement
- Plant Generation
- Plant Growth
- Pollen Manipulation
- Rearrange the genetic structure in plants, including creation of mutant plants.
- Sap Manipulation
- Seed Manipulation
- Seismic Sense through plants.
- Spore Manipulation
- Vine Manipulation
- Chlorokinetic Combat
- Chlorokinetic Scrying
- Leaf Projection
- Healing Plant
- Solar Empowerment - Photosynthesis.
- Plant Aura
- Plant Empowerment
- Plant Merging
- Plant Mimicry
- Plant Portal Creation
- Divine Plant Manipulation
- Demonic Plant Manipulation
- Empathic Plant Manipulation
- Grass Manipulation
- Life Plant Manipulation
- Plant Magic
- Psychic Plant Manipulation
- Rubber Manipulation
- Spice Manipulation
- Spiritual Plant Manipulation
- Wood Manipulation
Some universes include plant manipulation as a form of Earth Manipulation, whereas other settings, such as Wu Xing Manipulation and Nature Manipulation considers plants as a element of its own. Alternatively, its also often put under the physical category of Life.
- Alcohol Manipulation
- Architecture Manipulation for buildings of wood, bamboo, etc.
- Biological Manipulation - plants are biological life forms.
- Carbon Manipulation
- Environment Manipulation
- Flora Energy Manipulation
- Food Manipulation
- Forest Manipulation
- Harvest Manipulation
- Latex Manipulation
- Light Absorption from photosynthesis.
- Nature Manipulation
- Organic Manipulation
- Paper Manipulation plant based paper.
- Pheromone Manipulation
- Photosynthetic Blood
- Plant Kingdom Embodiment
- Plant Weaponry
- Poison Generation and/or Miasma Emission as users can manipulate any harmful toxins from the floral kingdom.
- Sugar Manipulation
- May be unable to create plants, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Most users are powerless in areas without plants or at least the potential for plants to grow (infertile/barren soil).
- High levels of radiation in a concentrated area may cause defects in the ability.
- Users may be only able to control certain types of plants.
- Users may be limited on how many plants or how long they can control them.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Attacks from Fire Manipulation and/or Ice Manipulation can pose an issue.
- Susceptible to lightning strikes.
See Also: Green Thumb.
- Earth Totem (Arrowverse)