- "Pain's an old friend."
- ― Stephen Strange (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- "You can't hurt them. It takes death to stop their pain."
- ― Mask Market
- "There is no pain where strength lies."
- ― Darth Maul (Star Wars)
- "Boxer I knew used to say, long as you're standin', You ain't hurtin'! I Can Stand."
- ― Luke Cage (Marvel Comics)
- Congenital Insensitivity to Pain/CIP/Congenital Analgesia
- Enhanced Pain Threshold
- Pain Immunity
- Pain Cancellation/Dullness/Inhibition/Neutralization/Numbness/Resistance/Tolerance
- Unfeeling Body
Users can block pain at will, are incapable of feeling pain or are highly resistant to physical pain of any kind, allowing them to think clearly and continue to move despite grievous injury. Users can think clearly, continue to move, ignore torture and generally function in situations where pain would disable a normal person.
- User is able to suppress pain at will.
- User is incapable of feeling pain.
- User has resistance to pain and can ignore it, exhibiting little or no discomfort.
- User is capable of redirecting pain.
- User may develop high to extreme tolerance for pain.
- Endorphin Activation: activating the brain to produce pain suppressants.
- Bionic Physiology
- Enhanced Durability
- Enhanced Endurance
- Enhanced Health
- Enhanced Stamina
- Enhanced Survivability
- Discomfort Immunity
- High Resistance
- Injury Immunity
- Overexertion Immunity
- Pain Manipulation
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Technorganic Physiology
- Undead Physiology
- May not be able to turn their ability "off".
- May not be immune to Pain Inducement.
- Not feeling pain may leave the user ignorant to crippling injuries, which may disable them without them even knowing why.
- User may only be able to tolerate and ignore the pain, and not actually cancel it out.
- User's body may increase and destabilize their emotional output.
- May not be immune to some types of pain or amounts of it.
- Unable to feel pain may also sport as a weakness as it will make user overconfident.
See Also: Feel No Pain.