- "Because of the existence of love, sacrifice is born... and hatred is born when people know...pain."
- ― Nagato (Naruto)
- "If I cut you down in an instant there is no meaning to kill you to begin with! I will kill you at the most agonizing slowness possible!"
- ― Amande (One Piece)
The ability to inflict agonizing pain by varying means. Sub-power of Pain Manipulation. Variation of Mental Inducement.
- Agony Inducement
- Hurt Inducement
- Pain Induction/Infliction/Stimulation
User is able to cause varying levels of pain, including physical, mental and/or emotional, to their targets using supernatural means.
- Telepaths can make a person feel pain by psychologically making them feel pain.
- Some with a touch can make people feel as if they were tortured.
- Some magical spells can inflict pain on a person.
- Some can inflect Emotional Pain.
- May not work on users who posses Pain Suppression.
- May need to touch the victim.
- May be limited to causing either physical, mental or emotional pain.
- Users of Endorphin Activation can turn pain into joy/pleasure.
See Also: Agony Beam.
- Sphere of the Wounded Lion (Super Robot Wars Z)
- Darkness ÄRM, Sealing Skull (Marchen Awakens Romance)
- Ghost ÄRMs (Marchen Awakens Romance)
- Zombie Tattoo (Marchen Awakens Romance)
- The Agiel (Sword of Truth)
- The Rada'Han (Sword of Truth)
Mord-Siths (Legend of the Seeker/Sword of Truth) can inflict pain on their victims with a touch of the Agiel.
Duna (Ángel o Demonio) can induce a terrible pain on her victims.
One of the three Unforgivable Curses the Cruciatus Curse (Harry Potter) inflicts excruciating pain.
Darkseid (Justice League Unlimited) ensnares Superman in his Agony Matrix, which directly stimulates all of the victim's pain receptors.
Martian Manhunter (DC Comics)
Jane (Twilight) can create an illusion of pure and intense pain inside the mind with just a thought.
The Vohtarak species (BIONICLE) of Visorak can create an extremely painful burning sensation in a target, so much that the victim cannot concentrate on anything but their suffering.
Silva (Mutant X) is able to induce severe pain on his victim.
Hawk Moth (MIraculous Ladybug) can induce paralysis and discomfort in akumatized villains as a coercion tactic...
...a tactic he tries on Evillustrator...
The Darkness ÄRM, Sealing Skull (Marchen Awakens Romance) stops the enemy from moving, but inflicts excruciating pain on the user while it's in use.
The Zombie Tattoo (Marchen Awakens Romance) causes a burning pain as it progresses on one's body.
When Loco (Marchen Awakens Romance) stabs her Straw Doll, her opponent feels the same stabbing pain.
Ghost ÄRMs (Marchen Awakens Romance) gradually eats away at the user's life energy. Eventually they'll be brought to a state where they feel constant agony that won't heal with any kind of magic.