- Onryo Mimicry
Users either are or can transform into a Onryō, spirit from Japanese folklore who is able to return to the physical world in order to seek vengeance using the spiritual powers they gain after death.
While male Onryō exist, the majority of them are women, usually young women, with long, stringy black hair that covers their face, clad in a white burial kimono or shroud. Their face itself is often quite ghastly to look upon. Their deaths are often caused by the suffering visited upon them by the capricious whims of their male lovers.
- Curse Inducement as they sometimes just haunt or give their targets bad luck.
- Decelerated Aging, Semi-Immortality, or Immortality
- Dream Walking
- Fear Inducement
- Ghost Physiology
- Mental Inducement
- Users may be bound to where they were killed.
- Obsessed with vengeance.
- May lose strength after getting revenge.
See Also: Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl.
- Onryo (Japanese Folklore)
- The Saeki Family (The Grudge Series)
- Samara Morgan/Sadako Yamamura (The Ring Series)
- Sadayaka (Sadako vs Kayako)
- Oiwa (Yotsuya Kaidan)
- Spirits (Fatal Frame series)
- Cynthia Velasquez (Silent Hill 4: The Room)
- Mima (Touhou)
- Hisako (Killer Instinct)