Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Power to use the abilities of oni. Variation of Yokai Physiology.
User with this ability either is or can transform into an Oni, variously translated as demons, devils, ogres or trolls. Depictions of oni vary widely but usually portray them as hideous, gigantic ogre-like creatures with sharp claws, wild hair, and horns growing from their heads. They are humanoid for the most part, but occasionally, they are shown with unnatural features such as odd numbers of eyes or extra fingers and toes. Their skin may be any number of colors, but red and blue are particularly common and are often depicted wearing tiger-skin loincloths and carrying iron clubs.
Oni were originally invisible spirits or gods which caused disasters, disease, and other unpleasant things. These nebulous beings could also take on a variety of forms to deceive and often devour humans. In folktales they are usually malicious, man-eating creatures to be feared and slain by valiant heroes, the oni can also have a protective function. They are often described as rowdy, party-loving bunch with fondness for contests and games.
Most oni, especially in folktales, are rather foolish and/or simple beings, but some are both highly intelligent and creative.
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Environmental Adaptation
- Fear Inducement
- Infinite Digestive System
- Matter Ingestion
- Natural Weaponry
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Anger Empowerment
- Disease Manipulation
- Elemental Manipulation, especially those that reflect the uncontrollable/destructive forces of nature:
- Feral Mind
- Multiple Eyes
- Most oni are rather foolish and/or simple.
- Oni tend toward rowdy, rough and generally belligerent personalities/behavior.
- Certain normal items affect oni negatively, especially beans are painful to touch.
- Oni Masks (Jackie Chan Adventures)