- "Giygas cannot think rationally any more, and he isn't even aware of what he is doing now. His own mind was destroyed by his incredible power. What an all-mighty idiot!"
- ― Pokey Minch (Earthbound)
The power to know nothing and ignore everything infinitely. Opposite to Omniscience.
- Infinite Ignorance/Infinite Oblivion
Omninescience ("all-ignorance") is the capacity to know nothing and ignore everything that there is to be known.
There is a distinction between this power:
- Inherent omninescience - the ability to ignore anything that one chooses to ignore and can be ignored.
- Total omninescience - actually knowing nothing and ignoring everything that can be ignored.
Total Omninescience: The user’s mind and body (if they have one) is blocked to the entire universe; they know absolutely nothing and are oblivious to effects and conditions, regardless of if they come from the past, present or future. In effect, the user's mind, upon activating this ability, becomes a black hole, a void through which no intelligence, knowledge, memory, reflex, instinct or response may escape. This means that, aside from mental invulnerability, the user's mind also fortifies the body, making it "ignorant" of the effects of harm, disease or age.
Inherent Omninescience: The user does have knowledge and keeps their knowledge, but they can still ignore what can be ignored as if it isn't there if they choose to.
- Absolute Defense
- Absolute Immortality
- Alcohol Immunity
- Alien Mind
- Autopilot (sometimes)
- Cold Immunity
- Danger Intuition (sometimes)
- Defunct Physiology
- Disease Immunity
- Electrical Resistance
- Evil Immunity
- Formless Mind
- Ignorant Limitation Transcendence
- Magic Immunity
- Pain Immunity
- Paranormal Immunity
- Poison Immunity
- Power Immunity
- Precognitive Immunity
- Protected Senses
- Psychic Shield
- Radiation Immunity
- Thermal Resistance
- Tracking Evasion
- If the user has no control of this ability:
- May activate every time one feels threatened or stressed.
- The user becomes a mindless, thoughtless, drooling being (Inherent Omninescience lasts only until danger passes; Total Omninescience is permanent).
- The user's body may still be open to attacks.
- Enemies may wait until the power deactivates (Inherent).