The power to sense the thoughts of people. Sub-power of Telepathy.
- Thought Reading
The user can sense the thoughts of other people, usually hearing them like ordinary speech, but possibly by other senses such as sight. Usually, they sense the surface thoughts (including other mental communications), but they can also learn to push farther into subconscious and memories.
- Does not work on mindless beings (corpses, animated objects, robots, etc.).
- May be limited to a certain range to work, including touch only.
- May be limited to one target at a time.
- May be unable to "turn off" their power and have to constantly hear thoughts.
- Since the user constantly hears thoughts, this limitation makes mind reading ineffective in large crowds.
- May not be able to read impulsive actions.
- Users of Psychic Shield (highly resistant) and Psychic Immunity (impervious).
- May get overwhelmed by too many thoughts.
- Unless one is multilingual or has the automatic ability to translate and decrypt, ability may not work if the target is thinking in alternate languages or encrypted codes.
- The more intense the thought, the louder it sounds to the user.
- Millennium Eye (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Mind Reader Conch (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Mind Gem (Marvel)
- Helmet of Truth (American Dragon: Jake Long)
- Gan Xiang Sapphire (Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness)