Alex Russo (Wizards of Waverly Place) switches bodies with Theresa Russo
Switch minds with other beings
The power to switch minds with other beings.
- Body Hopping
- Body Swap
- Body Switching
- Brain Switch
- Mind Swap
Users can take over the mind of another, this may or may not accompany the target taking the mind of the user. Some users have changed so many times that they no longer know which body is their own. Some users can inhabit more than one mind at a time, producing a limited Hive Mind.
- May lose control over user's own body.
- May not be able to return to a previous mind.
- May not be in full control sharing the mind with target.
- May have a limit on how long one can stay in a single mind.
- User may cause damage to host mind or body.
- User may be vulnerable while taking another mind.
- Transferring may take time.
- Transferring may require physical contact or an object.
- The switch may occur involuntarily.
- User cannot use targets memories or change them.
- Users of Indomitable Will, Strong Heart and/or Psychic Shield resist or are immune to this ability.
- May lose powers after minds after switched.
- Cannot work against Divided Mind since the user can only take over one mind at a time.
- Draconian Katra (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Enchanted Mirror (Jake Long: American Dragon)