Peter and Matt (Heroes) making two guards stand down
- "Dear God, I would do anything to see the look on her face when she realizes she's helpless. I'd make her want me. Then reject her. Devastate her over and over and over until she wants to die... No, I won't give her that, either. She'd wither away like someone dying of thirst or starvation. Be a certain ring of hell, designed specially for her... Or maybe I'll just kill her."
- ― Kilgrave, Jessica Jones
The power to control the minds of others. Sub-power of Mental Manipulation.
- Consciousness Manipulation
- Manipulative Hypnosis
- Mental Domination
- Telepathic Manipulation
- Willpower Manipulation
User can control the minds of others with targets being completely subject to their mental control. If the victims were placed into a semi-conscious state, they may not have any recollection of the previous actions that they performed while under its effect.
- Attention Manipulation
- Fanaticism Inducement
- Memory Manipulation
- Paralysis Inducement
- Sleep Inducement
- Sentient Control
- Truth Inducement
- May be limited to a certain range to work, including touch only.
- May be limited to certain number of targets at a time.
- May be weakened/ineffective against a target which doesn't have a mind or has low intelligence.
- May not be able to make a person do something against their nature.
- May wear off over time if not reinforced.
- Cannot erase implanted information, but can suppress or nullify them by implanting other information.
- Users of Higher Consciousness and Mass Consciousness may be uncontrollable.
- Users of Control Immunity are immune.
- Users of Psychic Shield or Indomitable Will are either immune or highly resistant.
- Can be negated by Control Negation.
See Also: Mind Manipulation.
- The Boxes of Orden (Legend of the Seeker)
- The Spider Seal (Every Witch Way)
- The Millennium Rod (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- The Jewel of Orthon (Charmed)
- The Berserker Pendant (Sarah Jane Adventures)
- The Bubbleshock Juice (The Sarah Jane Adventures)
- The Mind Control Devices (Invaders from Mars)
- The Anti-Life Equation (DC Comics)
- The Shichiseiken (One Piece: The Cursed Holy Sword)
- The Mollusk Launcher (Saints Row The Third)
- Dark Rings and Dark Spirals (Digimon Adventure 02)
- Starro-tech (Young Justice)