Mermaid Grove (One Piece)
Use the traits of merfolk
- Merfolk Mimicry
- Merkind Mimicry/Physiology
- Mermaid/man Mimicry/Physiology
- Merpeople Mimicry/Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into a merfolk (male or female), with the upper body of a humanoid and the lower body (in taur-style) of either that of a fish or cetacean. Some are able to transform completely into humanoid form to move on land and some can split their tail into legs. Others have to find other ways to move while on land.
Merfolk are sometimes depicted as perilous creatures associated with floods, storms, shipwrecks, and drowning. In other folk traditions (or sometimes within the same tradition), they can be benevolent, bestowing boons, teaching or even falling in love with humans.
According to Japanese legends, eating the flesh of a mermaid may also grant Semi-Immortality or Immortality, and their other organs/body parts, such as the blood or liver, may have similar and related effects. Understandably, this can have unpleasant side-effects.
- Aquatic Life Communication
- Aquatic Life Manipulation
- Beacon Emission
- Human Disguise
- Musical Empathy
- Siren Song
- Supernatural Beauty
- Water Manipulation
- Weather Manipulation
- May have complications when transitioning from water to air.
- Scales and skin may dry when overexposed to the Sun or artificial heat, such as fires or heaters.
See Also: Our Mermaids Are Different