| Lie Detection
Sue Landers (Heroes) senses lies from Sylar.
The power to detect lies. Not to be confused with Telepathy or Truth Inducement. Opposite of Truth Detection.
- Intuitive Polygraphy
- Lie Sensing
- Mendacity Detection
The user can sense when they are lied to by various means.
- Empathy by reading the emotions of another person to try and see if they are telling the truth.
- Enhanced Hearing by hearing the heartbeat increase.
- Enhanced Smell by smelling pheromones.
- Enhanced Vision by seeing physical body ticks, such as twitching fingers or an increase in blinking.
- Seismic Sense by reading the vibration from one's heart.
- May not differentiate between a white lie or a secret.
- May not be able to differentiate lies if subject/targets have no pulse difference.
- Pace makers just beat at one pace so it does not register on a polygraph
- Divided Mind would allow a user to defeat this technique, by only allowing one personality to know.
- Power can be subconsciously blocked when around someone the person trusts. Say a best friend or a family member.
- Those who are skilled can control their heartbeat or emotions and this does not register on a polygraph.
- Useless against Apathy.
- May not work against brainwashed targets.
- Sue Landers (Heroes)
- Sylar (Heroes)
- Viola (One Piece)
- Phoebe Halliwell (Charmed); via Empathy
- Empaths (Charmed)
- Karl Pilkington (An Idiot Abroad); As Bullshit Man
- Fibber/Experiment 032 (Lilo & Stitch: The Series)
- Clement MacDonald (Torchwood: Children of Earth) via his Supersmelling
- Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney Series) via Magatama
- Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney Series) via Justice Bracelet
- Toph (Avatar: the Last Airbender); via Seismic Sense
- Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
- Voldemort (Harry Potter)
- Steve Jinks (Warehouse 13)
- Rachel Pirzad (Alphas); via her Enhanced Senses
- Daredevil (Marvel Comics) via his Superhearing
- Wolverine (Marvel Comics) via his Superhuman Senses
- Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
- Wisdom Thumbs (Super/Lette)
- CJ Ward (Tower Prep)
- River Tam (Firefly/Serenity)
- Werewolves (The Vampire Diaries)
- Rebekah Mikaelson (The Vampire Diaries)
- Kyle (Kyle XY)
- Jessi (Kyle XY)
- Call Lightman (Lie to Me)
- Holo (Spice and wolf) via Enhanced Hearing
- Vampires, faes and chameleons (Shadow Falls); via Enhanced Hearing and Empathy
- Kylie Galen; via Enhanced Hearing or Empathy
- Della Tsang; via Enhanced Hearing
- Derek Lakes; via Empathy
- Holiday Brandon; via Empathy
- Burnett James; via Enhanced hearing
- Maggie (Twilight)
- Charles (Twilight)
- Geordi LaForge (Star Trek)
- Vitto Montesino (Los Unicos)
- Hyde (Jekyll); vis Enhanced Hearing and Smell
- Confessor's (Legend of the Seeker)
- Emma Swan (Once Upon A Time), not reliable when emotional
Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney Series)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney Series)
Daredevil (Marvel) detecting a lie via his super hearing to sense a change in a person's pulse.
A werewolf (The Vampire Diaries)
River Tam (Firefly/Serenity)
Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)
Toph Bei Fong (Avatar: The Last Airbender) can use her Seismic Sense
to detect lies.
Fibber (Lilo & Stitch:The Series) can sense lies and beeps, forcing them to tell the truth.
Maggie (Twilight) can detect lies verbally or even when their not speaking.