| Lie Detection
Sue Landers (Heroes) senses lies from Sylar.
The power to detect lies. Not to be confused with Telepathy or Truth Inducement. Opposite of Truth Detection.
- Intuitive Polygraphy
- Lie Sensing
- Mendacity Detection
The user can sense when they are lied to by various means.
- Empathy by reading the emotions of another person to try and see if they are telling the truth.
- Enhanced Hearing by hearing the heartbeat increase.
- Enhanced Smell by smelling pheromones.
- Enhanced Vision by seeing physical body ticks, such as twitching fingers or an increase in blinking.
- Seismic Sense by reading the vibration from one's heart.
- May not differentiate between a white lie or a secret.
- May not be able to differentiate lies if subject/targets have no pulse difference.
- Pace makers just beat at one pace so it does not register on a polygraph
- Divided Mind would allow a user to defeat this technique, by only allowing one personality to know.
- Power can be subconsciously blocked when around someone the person trusts. Say a best friend or a family member.
- Those who are skilled can control their heartbeat or emotions and this does not register on a polygraph.
- Useless against Apathy.
- May not work against brainwashed targets.
- May not be able to sense the reason behind the lie.
- Sue Landers (Heroes)
- Sylar (Heroes)
- Viola (One Piece)
- Phoebe Halliwell (Charmed); via Empathy
- Empaths (Charmed)
- Karl Pilkington (An Idiot Abroad); As Bullshit Man
- Fibber/Experiment 032 (Lilo & Stitch: The Series)
- Clement MacDonald (Torchwood: Children of Earth) via his Supersmelling
- Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney Series) via Magatama
- Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney Series) via Justice Bracelet
- Toph (Avatar: the Last Airbender); via Seismic Sense
- Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
- Voldemort (Harry Potter)
- Steve Jinks (Warehouse 13)
- Rachel Pirzad (Alphas); via her Enhanced Senses
- Daredevil (Marvel Comics) via his Superhearing
- Wolverine (Marvel Comics); via his Superhuman Senses
- Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
- Wisdom Thumbs (Super/Lette)
- CJ Ward (Tower Prep)
- River Tam (Firefly/Serenity)
- Werewolves (The Vampire Diaries/The Originals)
- Rebekah Mikaelson (The Vampire Diaries/The Originals)
- Elijah Mikaelson (The Vampire Diaries/The Originals)
- Kyle (Kyle XY)
- Jessi (Kyle XY)
- Call Lightman (Lie to Me)
- Holo (Spice and wolf) via Enhanced Hearing
- Chameleons (Shadow Falls/Shadow Falls: After Dark); via Enhanced Hearing as vampires or Empathy as faes
- Vampires (Shadow Falls/Shadow Falls: After Dark); via Enhanced Hearing
- Della Tsang
- Burnett James
- Chase Tallman
- Faes (Shadow Falls/Shadow Falls: After Dark); via Empathy
- Derek Lakes
- Holiday Brandon
- Maggie (Twilight Saga)
- Charles (Twilight Saga)
- Aro (Twilight Saga); via Telepathy
- Edward Cullen (Twilight Saga); via Telepathy
- Geordi LaForge (Star Trek)
- Vitto Montesino (Los Unicos)
- Hyde (Jekyll); vis Enhanced Hearing and Smell
- Confessor's (Legend of the Seeker)
- Emma Swan (Once Upon A Time), not reliable when emotional
- Zebra (Toriko); via Enhanced Hearing
- Sora (No Game No Life)
Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney Series)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney Series)
Daredevil (Marvel) detecting a lie via his super hearing to sense a change in a person's pulse.
A werewolf (The Vampire Diaries)
River Tam (Firefly/Serenity)
Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)
Toph Bei Fong (Avatar: The Last Airbender) can use her Seismic Sense
to detect lies.
Fibber (Lilo & Stitch:The Series) can sense lies and beeps, forcing them to tell the truth.
Maggie (Twilight) can detect lies verbally or even when their not speaking.
Zebra (Toriko) truly live up to his epithet; Hell Ears, detect lie by hear a change in a person's pulse.
By observing opponent's behaviour and motivations, Sora (No Game No Life) can detect their deception and lie with little or no effort.