Dr. Strange (Marvel Comics) the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth, possesses vast mastery of the mystic arts.
- "The power of influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces."
- ― Definition of Magic
The ability to use magical forces to varying degrees. Those who possess this ability are known (among other things) as Magicians, Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcerers, Mages, and Witches. The opposite power of Science Manipulation.
- Magic Manipulation
- The Arcane Arts
- The Art Of Magic
- The Indistinguishable Science
- The Magical Arts
- The Mystic/Mystical Arts
User has access to Magic, the use of rituals, symbols, actions, gestures and language to exploit supernatural forces to varying degrees, with only their skill, personal power-level, imagination/knowledge, and/or morality to define the borders. Given the flexibility of magic, they have essentially unlimited possibilities for what to do.
Some examples of the potential use of magic:
- Energy Constructs
- Magical Energy Manipulation
- Magic Aura
- Magic Creation
- Magic Detection
- Personal Domain
- Potion Creation - for various purposes (i.e. explosive, healing)
- Reality Warping
- Spell Casting
- Supernatural Properties Manipulation
Magical Energy Manipulation: The key power that allows one to use Magic; the powers are based around certain concepts/categories.
- Enchantment: The power to influence the minds/emotions.
- Evocation: The power to control the forces of Nature for a variety of effects.
- Illusion: The power to create illusions.
- Transmutation: The power to transform living or non-living things.
Types of Magic
- Fiction Manipulation
- Homo Magi Physiology
- Imagination Manipulation
- Magic Empowerment
- Magic Generation
- Magically Enhanced Physiology
- Mana Manipulation
- Meta Magic
- Miracle Manipulation
- Phenomenon Manipulation
- Powerful Objects
- Ritual Empowerment
- Superpower Manipulation
- Some universes have limits for what they can do or substances that they can't affect.
- Who can use magic varies between universes.
- How one gains magic varies greatly.
- Magic and science may be the same thing or two completely different and unrelated forces.
- How magic and technology react to each other varies greatly.
- There is always a price. Always.
- Always make sure you know what the price is, it will come back to haunt you.
- It will be paid, one way or another.
- The price can range from something as insignificant as the magical energy required to activate your magic, a part of your sanity, or even something devastating, like your own life, or worse.
- Stronger Magics will overcome weaker ones.
- Magic Resistance may foil your plans.
- Magic often drains a person's stamina or mana.
- Naturally, stronger magic puts a much greater strain.
- Magic is unpredictable, if one gets too creative or is interrupted in a crucial moment. Results range from amusing to annoying, but mendable, to destructive to lethal, to Catastrophic to Apocalyptic.
- Without the knowledge or proper skill, the intended use of a spell can create unpredictable or potentially dangerous results.
- Society with knowledge about magic is likely to have rules/laws about its use, and areas of magic that are forbidden.
- In some societies, magic may be limited to a specific class or status.
- User is unable to use spells that are beyond their imagination.
- Using magic takes concentration and focus.
- May react disastrously with Science Manipulation.
- May disrupt/cancel out technology.
- May need to perform certain actions/fulfill conditions to use magic, ranging from specific words/songs, certain hand/body moves, materials that may be consumed or even extensive rituals.