- "The power of influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces."
- ― Definition of Magic, Online Dictionary
The ability to use magical forces/powers to varying degrees. Those who possess this ability are known (among other things) as Magicians, Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcerers, Mages, Witches, etc.. Opposite to Science Manipulation and Anti-Magic.
- Magic Manipulation
- The Arcane/Magical/Mystic/Mystical Arts
- The Art Of Magic
- The Indistinguishable Science
User has access to Magic, the use of rituals, symbols, actions, gestures and language to exploit supernatural forces to varying degrees, with only their skill, personal power-level, imagination/knowledge, and/or morality to define the borders. Given the flexibility of magic, its users have essentially unlimited possibilities for what to do.
Some examples of the potential use of magic:
- Elemental Manipulation
- Magic Aura
- Magic Detection
- Magic Generation
- Magic Portal Creation
- Magical Constructs
- Magical Energy Manipulation
- Magical Flight
- Magically Enhanced Physiology
- Personal Domain
- Potion Creation - for various purposes (i.e. explosive, healing)
- Reality Warping
- Spell Casting
- Supernatural Properties Manipulation
- Sympathetic Magic
Magical Energy Manipulation: The key power that allows one to use Magic; the powers are based around certain concepts/categories.
- Enchantment: The power to influence the minds/emotions.
- Illusion: The power to create illusions.
- Nature: The power to control the forces of the natural world for a variety of effects.
- Necromancy: The power to manipulate the forces of Death.
- Transmutation: The power to transform living or non-living things.
Types of Magic
A to L
M to Z
- Aether Manipulation
- Cosmic Manipulation
- Esoteric Energy Manipulation
- Fiction Manipulation
- Imagination Manipulation
- Magic Augmentation
- Magic Bestowal
- Magic Creation
- Magic Intuition
- Magic Transcendence
- Magic Unification
- Miracle Manipulation
- Mystic Derivation
- Mystic Object
- Mystical Bardsmanship
- Mystical Martial Arts
- Nether Manipulation
- Phenomenon Manipulation
- Powerful Objects
- Ritual Empowerment
- Science-Magic Mixture
- Superpower Manipulation
- Alien Mage Physiology
- Angelic Sorcerer Physiology
- Bionic Mage Physiology
- Demon Sorcerer Physiology
- Hag Physiology
- Homo Magi Physiology
- Mage Lord Physiology
- Magical Entity Physiology
- Mystic Dragon Physiology
- Mystic Vampire Physiology
- Mystic Werewolf Physiology
- Mystical Mutation
- Mythic Physiology
- Transcendent Mage Physiology
- Some universes have limits for what they can do or substances that they can't affect.
- Who can use magic varies between universes.
- How one gains magic varies greatly.
- Magic and science may be the same thing or two completely different and unrelated forces.
- How magic and technology react to each other varies greatly.
- There is always a price. Always.
- Always make sure you know what the price is, it will come back to haunt you.
- It will be paid, one way or another.
- The price can range from something as insignificant as the magical energy required to activate your magic, a part of your sanity, or even something devastating, like your own life, or worse.
- The insignificance of magical energy may vary based on its source and availability.
- Magic is balance, meaning the benefits it provides will result in consequences to offset it.
- Magic may be needed to defeat magic.
- Stronger Magics will overcome weaker ones.
- Magic Resistance may foil your plans.
- Magic often drains a person's stamina or mana.
- Naturally, stronger magic puts a much greater strain.
- Magic is unpredictable, if one gets too creative or is interrupted in a crucial moment. Results range from amusing to annoying, but mendable, to destructive to lethal, to Catastrophic to Apocalyptic.
- Without the knowledge or proper skill, the intended use of a spell can create unpredictable or potentially dangerous results.
- Society with knowledge about magic is likely to have rules/laws about its use, and areas of magic that are forbidden.
- In some societies, magic may be limited to a specific class or status.
- User is unable to use spells that are beyond their imagination.
- Using magic takes concentration, focus and mental strength.
- May react disastrously with Science Manipulation.
- May disrupt/cancel out technology.
- May need to perform certain actions/fulfill conditions to use magic, ranging from specific words/songs, certain hand/body moves, materials that may be consumed or even extensive rituals.
- There may be some side effects.