The Unwritten Volume 1
Manipulate books, scripts and text papers
The power to manipulate books, manuscript pages, and text paper. Variation of Art Manipulation.
- Book Control
- Book Manipulation
- Literature Control
- Literature Manipulation
The user has the ability to manipulate all forms of physical literary objects that are printed, written or drawn (books, comics, magazines etc.), including their physical forms/materials and anything written, printed, illustrated, or drawn in them.
In extreme cases the user may have access even to the media that doesn't truly exist, but is only mentioned in other media or imagined to exist.
- Literary Animation - project narrative stories into reality by reading. May include Illusion Manipulation.
- Dimensional Storage - to trap people/objects in the books.
- Dimensional Travel - between different books, Ex: If there was a book of the world one could use it to travel by themselves or maybe with others. May accompany Time Travel if it's a history based book.
- Linguistic Intuition - to read every language.
- Omnilegence - know all currently written material (this updates constantly).
- Reinforcing books so they can take more damage and can be used as shields and/or weapons.
- Summoning books, items or monsters and/or casting spells from the books.
- Telekinesis over books.
- Enhanced Forgery
- Knowledge Replication to absorb information from books.
- Letter Empowerment to be empowered by letters.
- Lexiconicy to transform a written word into the actual object.
- Melanokinesis to manipulate text including removing it.
- Narrative Teleportation
- Papyrokinesis to control paper.
- Sonography to read printed words by feeling ink impressions on paper.
- Repair books into pristine form.
- Projected Thermography to write without scribing tools.
- Script Manipulation to write verses in other languages or ways of writing, and enchant them.
- Speed Reading
- Story Manipulation to create literary works
- Storybook Mimicry to copy traits and abilities of character from a book.
- Writing Manifestation to make written words manifest into physical/energy form/action.
Following may need specific Books or tools to use:
- Art Manipulation
- Architecture Manipulation to manipulate libraries, archives, book stores an/or other buildings that are connected to literature.
- Artistic Creation
- Author Authority
- Cartoon Materialization
- Data Manipulation allows manipulation of data and digital information.
- Drawing Creation
- Calling and/or Summoning books. May also allow the user to go to the books instead of summoning them.
- Earth Manipulation allows manipulation of records in stone, metal, jewels and clay.
- Electronic Communication allows manipulation of digital and electronic records.
- Electronic-Media Jumping allows manipulation of electronic media.
- Encyclopedic Knowledge
- Fictional Mimicry
- Inscriptive Spell Casting
- Knowledge Manipulation allows manipulation of information/knowledge.
- Magic Books
- Paint Manipulation allows manipulation of painted art, they were the first form of writing after all.
- Paper Charm Magic
- Projected Thermography could also play a role when creating the words to be used as weapons.
- Story Manipulation
- True Omnilegence know all every-when and everywhere written material or Omniscience using books.
- User who doesn't have a book handy is helpless.
- Books aren't the most portable or compact objects.
- Usefulness depends of the quality (fashion magazine vs RPG Bestiary) and quantity (single book vs library).
- Pagemaster (The Pagemaster)
- Cable (Marvel); temporarily
- Meggie Folchart (Inkheart Trilogy)
- Mortimer Folchart (Inkheart Trilogy)
- Darius (Inkheart Trilogy)
- Alien Step-Mother (My step mother's an alien)
- The Archive "Ivy" (The Dresden Files)
- The Erazor Djinn (Sonic and The Secret Rings)
- Jefferson Reed (The Meteor Man)
- Jamaerah (Darksiders 2)
- Noah (Soul Eater)
- Thomas Shakespeare (Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere)
- Index (Soul Eater)
- Libris (Charmed)
- Phoebe Halliwell (Charmed); via the Smart Spell
- Dylan Piper (Halloweentown)
- Selina (Winx Club); via the Legendarium
- Levy McGarden (Fairy Tail)